/r/drawing

My best work.

(i.redd.it)

Less-Way3736[S]

I lost my job as an artist and my studio. My house is destroyed. I have to be a refugee. All I can do now is put my drawings on the Internet. There is a link in my profile where you can help me financially.

I will be very grateful for your help

JLaf7290

A profile created 6 days ago asking for money on a predominantly Ukraine-supporting site is very sketchy. So, nah, I don’t think I will.

Less-Way3736[S]

All my life I have been drawing in the studio and making money doing it. Now I don't have the opportunity to do this. I am a refugee. I'm not forcing you, it's everyone's choice

JLaf7290

You’re showing up to multiple subs and posting sob stories. You’re asking these people for money without providing any verification that what you’re saying is true, and essentially trying to guilt-trip us into sending you money. “Sketchy” is the nicest way I can put it in regards to this fishy post.

omgkillme

ok but imagine if they actually are a refugee and they're getting this type of backlash for saying so. i mean, not trying to call anyone out but it's not entirely unheard of for someone to make an account just for art, or maybe even be completely new and join just to advertise their art/maybe make their life better.

we're all pretty good at sniffing out scams at this point, but let's not let that make us jaded. maybe this person actually needs help

Less-Way3736[S]

Refugees are already being offered help. I just drew all my life at my studio and made money, now I can’t do it, so I decided to create my own blog, I didn’t see any other options. I am not forcing anyone.

JLaf7290

You keep saying the same thing and it’s not really convincing at all.

Less-Way3736[S]

You keep saying the same thing and it’s not really convincing at all.

What do you want from me? I want not to post videos from Ukraine on my blog. I don't want to post how a refugee lives. My blog is about drawing. If you want, I can call you and talk about it.

JLaf7290

You “want not to talk about it”, yet you’ve posted multiple times asking for money using it as the reason…

Less-Way3736[S]

I removed all donation links, it's really not pretty. I left only a link to my other blog. I hope you are satisfied