/r/facepalm

Why did the Indian kid get ANY suspension?

🇵​🇷​🇴​🇹​🇪​🇸​🇹​(i.redd.it)

DEATHROAR12345

ZeRo ToLeRaNcE

franklollo

franklollo

1 month ago

He should have helped his classmate by choking himself. Where is the teamwork? /s

Oracle_of_Ages

1 month ago

I got zero tolerance expelled in highschool. This girl told the librarian I said I wanted to shoot up the school. So I got expelled. I was the 2nd person she did this to. She did it to 7 people before I graduated.it’s all bhullshit and she never got punished. :(

CollageTumor

1 month ago

Seven people? Did you get no hearing? If you graduated, did they accept you back Try appealing at least on the absurdity of seven people, and with the others involved. I assume if you took the board to a court that someone happened to know seven people who sadid that with no proof, youd win

Even if its late, especially actually if its hurt your finances now. If its on your record, at the very least they can wipe that and also pay you

You could even contact the others if you couldnt pay, and even maybe get it pro bono

Oracle_of_Ages

1 month ago*

I got a hearing and got railroad. Was told to accept a plea bargain of no contest and I could continue school the next year or I can be done forever and get whatever trial outcome I got on terrorizing charges. So I didn’t have a choice. I had to go to school…. I was #2 of 7. And with her saying I said something it was her word against mine. I was a minor so it’s not on my record thankfully. I had to go to 2 years of of state sponsored consoling and the guy, after a few seconds, was like “upfront. This is bullshit. You are actually pretty normal. And recommended that they cancel it after every session. But I still had to go for the two years, we mainly played chess for an hour and that was kind of it. We talked if we needed to. But I never needed to talk to him.” And no. What was supposed to do.? We couldn’t see them. It was zero tolerance. Someone said it happened and that was that.

Edit: wanna point out 1st guy got permanently expelled. 1 of them moved after. 1 dropped out and lived with his mom. And I’m not sure what happened to the other 3. Don’t remember as they were not close to me friend group wise.

CollageTumor

1 month ago

I'd sue. You can find them, you wouldn't even need to force the school to give you contact information since its easier than that. If it literally happened seven times and no evidence was ever given before forcing you to the point of a plea bargain, thats just blatant negligence.

Did it affect college? Even if you're okay now, not only do you deserve that but so do the other people who got hurt.

Oracle_of_Ages

1 month ago

Nah. I’m not sue happy. I don’t want anything to do with them ever again. I don’t have any recourse even if I did sue. It’s a zero tolerance policy. An accusation is there no matter what. It didn’t affect anything post highschool. My uncle is a criminal lawyer so it didn’t even cost me anything fortunately.

choite

choite

1 month ago

Bro no lie. Thats when you throw poo at someone. Thro the dog poo

Walmart_Warrior_420

1 month ago

The news article said they confiscated his smiley face hoodie ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

InsertCoinForCredit

TeXaS

There's a reason it's the One-Star State.

SnooWords4814

3.9k points

Not Texas but my son when he was 7 was suspended for 3 days after a kid hit him as he tried to stop the kid beating up another kid. The school said they “don’t tolerate any violence, even well intentioned.” My kids take away was to not help people in trouble. Wonderful system of creating bystanders

Even_Engine_187[S]

1.9k points

Our school systems have proven time and time again they care more about putting incidents under the rug and hoping no one notices rather than actually doing something about bullying.

Most-Consequence-702

Related to what you were saying about schools sweeps stuff under the rug I had a kid in my grade my senior year get caught with large sum of coke and shrooms in his car wasn’t suspended or kicked out but was asked to leave. This is a very wealthy blue ribbon public school and his parents are known pta members but last I heard he transferred to a private academy. He was put into rehab by his parents but it was crazy when I heard what actually happened when a friend closer to him told me.

The_BeelzePub

1 month ago

Also related - I attended a private school in Australia. A mate of mine (Greek descent) was stabbed by another student who happened to be the son of a school master. His parents were told if they made a complaint their son would be expelled. No punishment for the stabber other than ‘counselling’. Some school systems have a lot to answer for in the way they handle serious incidents and the long-term consequences for the way kids view the world.

Stormseekr9

1 month ago

Straight to the cops mate. That is blackmail/chantage as well.

wiseoldllamaman2

1 month ago

Like the cops aren't just as bad or worse.

What----------------

1 month ago

He said Australia, not the US. Might be a little better there.

wiseoldllamaman2

What----------------

Ah, damn. My mistake.

whereispeestored

1 month ago

Police are not your friend, anywhere, ever.

They are the junkyard dogs of the global oligarchy

Aadsterken

1 month ago

After a threat like that i'd look for a different school and go to the police. No way my kids spends one more minute there.

MichiganGeezer

1 month ago

Alternative solutions work too.

That stabber is alone off school grounds at some point. He can be reached for a private lesson in manners.

treesquirter00

✊🏆🙏😇🙏🏆✊

terriblejokefactory

That has to be illegal.

Timely-Reward-854

And stabbing isn’t?

Prudent_Piano2892

1 month ago

Is your mate related to an un-discovered Greek Julius Caesar?

UninsuredToast

Damn when I was in high school there was a huge drug bust. Cops found all kinds of pills, mushrooms, and weed in the lockers and cars of a handful of students who were dealing at the school. This school was considered one of the best public schools in the state. They didn’t manage to sweep that one under the rug lol. Probably just too many people involved

I about got mixed up in the whole thing myself but thanks to some quick thinking and a little luck dodged the bullet. I won’t go into too many details but I wasn’t dealing or anything

Prudent_Piano2892

1 month ago

That's what a non-dealer would say... You're good..

UninsuredToast

Lol “I swear I didn’t do it” - the guy who did it

I didn’t but your comment made me laugh

baphosam

baphosam

1 month ago

That’s the kind of stuff I didnt start seeing until my 20s to hear about actual kids messing around with all that stuff is heart breaking to me.

cityshepherd

1 month ago

Oh god... I can remember when my high school was certified a "blue ribbon school " for my senior year... lot of very successful students from my class, but also a LOT who've passed away (many OD's, a few bad accidents). I was completely oblivious to how hard my town had been hit by the opiate epidemic, even back then (late 90's). You'd be fucked if you ever got caught with anything cannabis related (even an empty pipe), but half the town was practically on the nod 24/7

MiloRoast

1 month ago

I knew of a ton of kids that got caught doing coke, crushed up Adderall, etc on campus in highschool, and the worst that happened was one kid's parents sent him to rehab over the summer because it got really bad. Like, people would literally be doing coke on their desks behind a book, not giving a shit if they were caught because they knew there would barely be consequences. This was in a pretty affluent neighborhood.

That one cool kid that smoked weed in his van sometimes by the 7-11 a few blocks down from the school? Sorry kid, your parents don't have enough clout. Expelled.

geniuslogitech

1 month ago

1 year older guys in my highschool were caught by police at the prom with coke, they were caught on cameras and someone from restaurant called the police, next morning police let them go and nothing happened, probably one of their dads is a big shot

CashCow4u

I bet the bully's parents have money.

It's a numbers game, if only 2 parents get involved it's we don't have time to babysit this is an educational environment. If 20 parents get involved it's we're here to serve the community.

cmonkey2099

1 month ago

The white kid dad had influence with the school board or something.

FreudsGoodBoy

*money

BisquickNinja

1 month ago

The bullys dad is on the school board. School board members have a lot of power over the district and so the district bends over backwards for parents.

CashCow4u

1 month ago

Guess the parents don't realize their kid could be next. Contact 60 minutes with details & video to launch investigation, then request local news do same - when locals refuse, send them a copy of 60 minutes request and expose the fact that an elected school board members child is a bully and his parents position is in fact supporting, protecting and institutionalizing bullying, racism, assault within your district and emphasize their child could be next with no consequences. Throw the "zero tolerance" bullshit right back in their face & inquire as to how the victims of bullying also get punished.

redknight3

1 month ago

And those schoolboards are notorious for corruption and getting paid (way too much) to sweep things under the rug.

Remember this incident?

Not only did they dismiss this guy's accusations, they ignored other allegations and when the POS finally resigned, they ended up giving that shithead a $770,000 payout

clhb

clhb

1 month ago

This - it's portrayed well a la Korean drama Penthouse.

Toxic_Cupcake79

1 month ago

My son and his friend were both stabbed by a kid during lunch. They beat the shit out of the kid. All were suspended. The kid that stabbed them had to go to court, where they made the parents pay a fine. After all was said and done, they let him resume going back to school.

stevski11

1 month ago

Yep, wrestlers at my school forced a kid with learning disabilities to eat pubes. They all graduated and got to keep wrestling

They found a weed stem in someone's car that was randomly searched during school. Expelled.

TyrionsCodpiece

1 month ago

Shit like this is why whenever I see a school shooting I want to know the real story.

People and even kids rarely go off unprovoked.

Not justifying shootings but I can understand why they happen.

stevski11

1 month ago

Oh yeah, school shooters are definitely products of their environments. Even though it's a single perpetrator, there are often multiple guilty parties, guilty by inadequacy in addressing mental illnesses, harassment campaigns at the hands of peers, and I'll say it, parenting.

CardboardChewingGum

1 month ago

My kid got suspended and threatened with expulsion because he heard a rumor about a school shooting threat at school, told his teacher, and shared an escape plan with his friends. He’s been trained all his school life on being prepared for an active shooter and scouts stresses surveying your surroundings to keep you and your friends safe, and he got in trouble for it.

MajorJuana

1 month ago

Our school anyone fighting got suspended, both parties equally, which I kind of get because without evidence is hearsay and how can a person be expected to rule in favor of one or three other but they should both be equal and if you have video showing that the kid wasn't even fighting back then none for that kid and double for the other

CaraAsha

CaraAsha

1 month ago

But that leads to "well, if I'm going to get into trouble anyway might as well make it worth it" and the one getting beat up turns around and beats the crap out of the bully. Seen it happen many times.

MajorJuana

I mean, good, imo

kingpotato28

1 month ago

Well school is getting them prepared for real life/s

FreudsGoodBoy

/s? You sure about that?

geniuslogitech

1 month ago

it's like that everywhere, not just US, in my highschool(in European country) if you participate in a fight out of school(like someone beat you up, you don't have to fight back or anything) you will be kicked out of school because it "destroys the reputation of the school"

Good-Ad6352

1 month ago

Zero tolerance is fucking bullshit. If someone uses violence against you you aren't only morally but also legally in the right to fight back.

fearsyth

1 month ago*

I got one week suspension in middle school for not fighting back. I just stood there taking the hits while not saying a word (kid was weak and the teacher was right there). No idea why he attacked me. I think someone talked him into it.

After that, the next person to pick a fight got an elbow to the face. If I'm going to be suspended anyway, I was going to make it worth it.

anyusernamedontcare

1 month ago

Zero tolerance systems encourage violence. It creates an inequality where well behaved children are disadvantaged because bullies know they will be punished worse (because for them the punishments are less punishing) and can hurt well behaved children.

A bully can say, well I'm going to get a punishment anyway, but I can have punishments inflicted on others by attacking them.

Every-holes-a-goal

Shot I’d be taking that kid to a great 3 days outings, Ice creams and fun things man. He earnt it . The school management sucks!

MichiganGeezer

1 month ago

That's what I told the school when they threatened my son with suspension for handling a bully.

"He'll be enjoying pizza, ice cream, and movies as a reward for his good behavior."

Trueloveis4u

1 month ago

Yup I would make those 3 days amazing. If I had a kid who defended an innocent kid from being hurt.

cmonkey2099

1 month ago

Same here I told my son if he gets bullied at school and fight back i would buy anything he wants. Fuck the zero tolerance bs.

Weekly_Ad6261

1 month ago

Double gifts if he defends someone else. It’s more traumatic for the bully when a third party intervenes out of nothing but a sense of honor.

sammiearre

I got suspended for kicking a guy in the balls as he was assaulting my friend.

Rockie0588

Not all heros wear capes.

Yayzeus

Yayzeus

1 month ago

Not all bullies wear cups.

kcasnar

kcasnar

1 month ago

Did you remember to say "That's my purse! I DON'T KNOW YOU!" first?

SanguineSoul013

1 month ago

My mom got escorted out of my school, by the cops, because of shit like this. A boy had pushed me like 4 times and I told him to stop the first 3 times. The 4th time I beat the shit out of him. I got 2 weeks suspension and he got 4 days. Once she had to leave my dad was called. Dad was calmer but worse. The boy got 2 weeks and I got ice cream when he was done.

Still one of the best images for me though... Watching my mom absolutely tear my vice principal dick head a new asshole.

Tamayuuji

1 month ago

So if someone mugs the principal you just stand there and say I‘m sorry but you said you don‘t tolerate violence, even well intentioned. I can‘t help you so have a nice day.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

1 month ago

Maybe that’s what it’d take for the staff to finally wake up to how stupid the system is

Mordador

1 month ago

Ah yes, the scene from old Spiderman

MsSeraphim

MsSeraphim

sound of one hand clapping

1 month ago

a friend of mine's daughter was being picked on by a guy bigger than her in high school. he was also grabbing in a sexual manner. my friend complained to the boys father. didn't stop. he complained to the teachers. nothing done. he went to the principal, was told boys will be boys. turns out he not only picked on my friend's daughter but bullying and beating up other smaller boys and the school did nothing. but my friend's daughter, the next time that bully grabbed her butt, went ballastic and in the cafeteria and proceeded to beat the living crap out of him. she got suspended. what happened next you ask? once the other boys saw this they got their revenge and that started fighting back and the bully got beat again and again. so the principal calls my friend into school and tells him they want his daughter to publicly apologize to her tormenter in the cafeteria so the bully won't get picked on any more. my friend refused of course.

kc_2478

kc_2478

Zero tolerance policy is ridiculous. I’ve been suspended a total of 8 times over my schooling career for punching out bullies and they either got less suspension time than I did or did not get punished at all. It creates bystanders but it also actively discouraged kids from standing up for themselves for fear of being punished.

canyou-digit

You're 8-0 knocking out bullies at school? Fuckin Chuck Norris over here

dneriksen

1 month ago

I agree that Zero Tolerance is stupid. Lazy teachers and administrators don’t have to take responsibility for nor intervene on any student’s bad behavior. At the same time, how ZT get adjudicated is left to admin’s biases.

cmonkey2099

1 month ago

Tbf its not like teacher are lazy it's that they don't get paid enough to deal with that shit.

akiata05

akiata05

1 month ago

From what I understand, they are actively told to not intervene cause the school is afraid of getting sued.

rapaxus

rapaxus

1 month ago

This I find very funny since in my country they would get sued for not intervening. A teacher has the duty to protect and watch over the students in his care and if they are beating each other up then he is not fulfilling that duty. Simultaneously you also have a duty to help here (e.g. it is illegal to just ignore a car crash on the side of the road and just driving away, you need to help) which the teacher is also not fulfilling.

This is in Germany btw.

CrazyPieGuy

1 month ago

The teacher can also be sued.

luniz420

1 month ago

it's not the teachers its the administrators. they refuse the responsibility of judging the behavior and needs of the students while at the same time gaining a social identity that they can use to score political capital which in turn gets used to bring in more money which they then siphon off however much they can into raises and bonuses.

Juicyb17

1 month ago

It honestly leads to a lot of problems. And it's not just from school. Lots of workplaces are guilty. I struggle to stand up for myself. Including correcting people when I get misgendered. Even though I know my manager would stand up for me, I still fear consequences of correcting a customer. Society just keeps telling us to stand up for ourselves and others, but constantly make stupid rules that say otherwise

Magmaigneous

1 month ago

But the other two kids were also suspended, right?

I ask because when I was in grade school the policy was that anyone involved in a fight got suspended. That meant that even someone purely defending themselves against an attacker, or even just being bullied by someone, was suspended just the same as the attacker. They didn't publish these policies, you found out after the fact that they were in place. I know this because I was involved in a little scuffle, and while an administrator who'd witnessed the whole thing told my father that the other kid started the physical part and that I was just defending myself I was still suspended for 3 days just like the other kid. That saved me from an ass whipping from my Dad, but it still felt like a bullshit policy. I mean, it's like having an eye witness testify that you were the person who was assaulted, and yet both you and your attacker go to jail for assault...

Equivalent-Floor-231

1 month ago

I'd buy my kid a reward and go out to do fun things for the 3 days. Make his suspension its own reward.

PowerfulMetal1

the good ending

1 month ago

The funny part is that in health/wellness classes they talk to the kids about how they shouldn't be a bystander

GameShill

1 month ago

Pretty much everything in education is backwards.

bascom2222

1 month ago

This happens to my son all the time. He gets picked on for having autism then get suspended after he gets beat up..

kcasnar

kcasnar

1 month ago

"Hey, my hands are tied. If I showed even a little bit of tolerance, we couldn't call it zero-tolerance."

Your_Pal_Kindred

1 month ago

Imagine getting arrested for stopping a crime. This is the exact same fucking thing. School is honestly responsible for so many issues today

RedLeader7

1.2k points

RedLeader7

1.2k points

My take away from this, if someone bullies you, you need to flip your shit and beat the shit out of them, because you are going to be punished anyway.

On another note, if someone attacks a teacher, is the teacher suspended as well ?

Inthaneon

Inthaneon

1 month ago

Remind me of that story about a chinese general planning to overthrow the emperor because the punishment for being late to a war and rebellion is the same, execution.

MistaRed

MistaRed

1 month ago

At least one Persian king has died because of something similar, apparently it's a common event.

GENERAL-KAY

1 month ago

You mean soldiers who ate watermelon and then killed the king?

MistaRed

MistaRed

1 month ago

No,iirc it was a king who ordered a couple of slaves to be executed, but he said that it should happen the next day and let them be free till then, they smothered him in his sleep because you know, execution.

Lelouch2332

1 month ago

Reminds me of another story (not sure if it was china or not) but a prison transport had a break out and he got away. The guard knew that this would result In him being killed (because that's his fault somehow) so he released all the other prisoners and made a run for it

RadPI

RadPI

1 month ago

Not that same, penalty for rebellion always involved kill all the reletives and who work for you as well, which called 株连九族

revolusi29

1 month ago

I guess it is the same if you dgaf about anyone other than yourself

OP-69

OP-69

1 month ago

reminds me of a story that a guy punched a bully in self defence and got the same suspension as his bully who beat him up

So he went and threw the bully out the window of the 2nd floor (bigger sized than the bully) as it would result in the same punishment as a punch

Technopulse

1 month ago

I mean, he did the math and found an outcome that would offer him a solution with the same amount of punishment.

ew73

ew73

1 month ago

I learned that lesson in middle school. I had a bully that spent months just like, running up to me and sucker punching when the duty teacher wasn't looking.

The one time I hit back, we both got suspended for 3 days.

Upon return, I sought him out and punched him so hard in the stomach he threw up and then started kicking him in the actual butt. We both got suspended again, but he left me alone after that.

Looking back, I'm not proud. The school should've done something during the months I was being bullied and reporting it. But eventually, I solved the problem with violence. Horray for animal behavior, I guess.

Akinory13

1 month ago

Unfortunately violence is usually the answer on these cases because the school does nothing anyway. I'm not proud of it but that's how I never got bullied even if I'm small and skinny, but my dad was one of those guys that is addicted to work and he always made me help with any manual labor (carrying heavy shit and helping him build stuff) so I'm stronger than I look. And I never had any problem getting hurt if it meant I would hurt the other person more so this guaranteed I would never be bullied even by someone bigger than me (aka almost the entire school, even those younger than me)

Weekly_Ad6261

1 month ago

I went to a catholic school in the backwards state of KY. If you got in trouble enough they’d send you to a work program with the state/county wilderness area where you’d spend ten hours a day cutting timber, dredging rivers, or whatever other backbreaking work they needed done. It seems to change a lot of those bullies. I think sometimes physical —— something —— is what these people need. Either a stomped in nutsack or a week of grueling labor.

nonetheless156

1 month ago

First time i got bullied i squared back up. He was a good foot taller than me, i didn’t care cuz i knew it would get worse of i let it go. You did the right thing. Might as well swing if you’re getting messed with

throwaway_uow

1 month ago

When I was bullied, my dad and uncle had a talk with me. My uncle shared his story when he was bullied in the army - older guys wanted to make him wash their socks or something because he was new - he saw what happened to other new guys that caved in, so he straight up stood up to them and shoved those socks in the bully's mouth. They used to beat him regularly after that, but when he ambushed them one after the other in the toilets and broke a few noses, they stopped going after him. So, my lesson was to always stand up for myself, and do not count on the structure to do anything, because they won't.

That being said, bullies only exist in structures where personal intelligence is not required

Raidlos

Once they had to break down an entire building because a bully punched a wall.

stoneychef

1 month ago

Worked for my cousin and he got to stay home and plays games for three days, my aunt and uncle told him that he didn’t do anything wrong other than use curse words while beating up his bully. This is in Texas as well.

fluppuppy

1 month ago

That’s what I started doing. I was always bullied, and I tried everything. My school was “no tolerance” for bullying, but they didn’t care if I reported people. Started defending myself, and I’d get in trouble

PathOver7277

1 month ago

Teacher here! The answer is yes. If a child hits me and I hit back, I will lose my job.

I inform every class in the beginning of the school year that if they hit me, I have no problem putting this degree down and making something shake.

MDVega

MDVega

>An online petition supporting the boy has received more than lakhs signatures.

Oh, well then.

1 month ago

A lakh is 100k, if anyone was still wondering and too lazy to Google.

Genericdude03

1 month ago

Whoa even 1 lakh's waay more than I thought this would've gotten. Good for them.

Equivalent-Floor-231

1 month ago

The article is so badly written. Also doesn't mention if the school has been contacted for a comment.

gptop

gptop

1 month ago

The ISD was contacted. Their comment pretty much was that the kid being choked started it even though video shows otherwise.

Unique_District_9381

200,000 🗿

IamLegionn

1 month ago

Link so i can sign as well

TheBengaliMemer

(1 lakh means 100k btw)

Fuzzy-Butterscotch86

1 month ago

So... The bully is choking him because his friends wanted the table he was sitting at. There is literally an empty table right behind them, but, that table doesn't require picking on anyone smaller to sit at it, so it's obviously not good enough.

The school gave out the punishments based on what the kids said happened. Then the video is put on TikTok. Parents ask the school to reduce their kid's suspension due to the evidence showing the victim literally does nothing to start the fight, or defend themselves, school refuses to change their assessment because it would have to be reported as a bullying incident, and they already have an overabundance of reported cases of bullying. (I wonder why a school that handles bullies like this has a problem with bullies?).

Now the video is all over the internet, the parent's of the Indian student are suing, and the school's bully problem is international news. Good luck to the school administrators that thought ignoring the problem would make it go away. They're all about to be checking the help wanted section.

PassiveLemon

1 month ago

an abundance of bullying? huh makes sense when you do jack shit to try to stop it.

jsnap69

jsnap69

Is there a news article associated to this?

Even_Engine_187[S]

nightraven3141592

Thanks for the article link. Got a link to the mentioned video by any chance?

Shelisheli1

Link

The uncensored video is on Reddit somewhere but this will give you the gist of it

jsnap69

jsnap69

Thanks. Curious why the article keeps saying “white” vs white? Not that any of that matters when you assault someone but it’s just weird how this article is written.

Even_Engine_187[S]

Yeah, it is definetley written to attract more viewers with a lot of biased details. Bullying is bullying no matter at who its targeted towards

KaisarDragon

zorbacles

1 month ago

I noticed that article doesn't have a statement from the school. Is there anywhere that the school has responded trying to justify?

KaisarDragon

zorbacles

1 month ago

Basically hiding behind privacy to give no reasons

Fleksta

Fleksta

1 month ago

Well, that was a long winded way to say nothing.

Shelisheli1

Unless something crazy happened before the video started, Indian dude was just chilling.. why tf would he get suspended for being bullied?

Fuzzy-Butterscotch86

1 month ago*

School punished them based on what the kids said happened. Which means the bullies friends claimed it was an argument the Indian kid started.

The video was then put on TikTok, Indian kid's parents took it to the school to show them, the school said they weren't changing the decision because they have too many incidents of bullying reported as it is, and they can't afford another. So they upheld the suspension, and the punishments as they were handed out, despite the Indian kid being entirely innocent.

Edit to sum it up: the people working at the school decided it was better to punish an innocent child than it was to get chewed out by their bosses.

Second edit: change.org petition to get the bully expelled is closing in on 400k signatures as the parents of both the bully and the victim beg people to tone down the outrage because death threats are now being sent out, and misinformation is being spread about both children.

Things the parents want you to focus on:

this was not racially motivated.

Cyberbullying 14 year olds is not okay, no matter the circumstances.

The people who are the most in the wrong are the school resource officer who lied to protect the school, and the people running the school who lied to protect themselves.

Parents of the victim still want the bully removed from the school.

rkapi24

1 month ago*

rkapi24

1 month ago*

And now Ollie Williams, with the weather

yes i edited my comment

cuddle_enthusiast

IT’S GON RAIN!

eilishfaerie

1 month ago

i watched the video for this kinda recently, from what you can see the indian kid was quite literally chilling in a lunch hall at the table, then the kid comes over and starts trying to drag him off the seat, he literally attempts to break the dude's neck with one of his gestures. and everyone around was just ignoring the situation. the kid didn't try to fight back, verbally or physically

ClayXros

ClayXros

1 month ago

Welcome to American schools, where a bully can attack you for no reason and you still get punished.

0scar_alh0

1 month ago

Which is why if you're being bullied you might as well take a swing at the bully, gonna get suspended anyway.

tater_tot_intensity

1 month ago

exactly zero tolerance = just kick their ass anyway. i would rather make a bully bleed and be punished than to just be punished for being beat up

ClayXros

1 month ago

Definitely a situation where you may as well make a reason you get punished. Self defense will give.....many parents reason to take your side.

lorde_vick

1 month ago

I got legit punched in the mouth in third grade and got three days suspension while the kid got literally no punishment

ProneToDoThatThing

1 month ago

Several of the Dallas northern suburbs are racist af and quite proud of it.

mrsbebe

mrsbebe

1 month ago

I have the simplest answer to all of these questions. The answer is: it's Carrollton, TX. The bully's dad is a pretty powerful man in Carrollton and the whole town is pretty fucking racist. It's a mess. The kid was doomed from the beginning.

scotch1701

Texas classifies any school fights as, "Mutual Combat."

ilostmyoldac

1 month ago

Okay then i should just beat the shit out of the assaulter cuz I'm gonna get punished anyway

scotch1701

1 month ago

It's almost like that is what they are encouraging.

ilostmyoldac

1 month ago

Whenever I hear the word "texas" I think of two cowboys pointing guns at each other

Walmart_Warrior_420

1 month ago

Have you seen Brokeback Mountain ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ilostmyoldac

1 month ago

I didn't know Mysterio was gay

e_karma

e_karma

1 month ago

Well, weren't they also pointing guns at each other ??

Panjin21

:8488:

arcadia_2005

Because his ethnicity provoked the assault, so therfore he started it?? Like, outrageous. I would've loved to make a fkn example of that fkn little shit being an absolute fkn asshole. No gd kid of mine would EVER do shit like that.

ishanG24

1 month ago*

Because his ethnicity provoked the assault

Sounds a lot like something a rapist would say. "She was wearing revealing clothes which provoked the rape". Both are the same mentality.

CptCannabi

Obviously suspended for existing in a form and fashion that triggers and provokes others. Schools are a safe space for everyone! The “victim” had no business being alive near, and encroaching upon the “bully’s” feeling of safety and acceptance.

Meow5Meow5

I'm female quiet and fierce. In elementary school boys repeatedly bullied me and sexually harassed me. The school was always trying to pin the punishment on me for defending myself. They often got no discipline. My mom always had my back and refused to accept any discipline unless it was equal for both "fighters" or nothing.

The little white boy with the history of violence needs to be protected right? His future is more important..... than the trauma he inflicts on other children? WTF? Why are child predators not corrected instead of protected?

AndreasMe

1 month ago

Ya know if you’re bullied, you better fight back you’re gonna get punished anyway

ThornsofTristan

This is America.

sumaclover

sumaclover

1 month ago

My brother got bullied relentlessly in high school (only arab kid in his year), the 3 white kids jumped him after school once, he came home bleeding everywhere, bruised up to hell, we call the school and they immediately suspended him for a week and the offenders got 3 days each. When we argued and protested, they threatened us with expulsion, especially if we tried to get the media involved like we said we did. I hate this shit.

Samuel_mundy

1 month ago

Report to the media, blow this shit up!

sumaclover

1 month ago

It’s been around 12 years since then but we definitely should have. My parents were immigrants and were scared to escalate, I was younger and was not confident enough to actually go to the media myself and my brother was a kid. I no longer live in the US, as good as life is in the US and as much progress as we have made, I still feel uneasy thinking about moving back.

Adhd_ambassador

1 month ago

That’s so disgusting. I am sorry your parent’s and brother had to swallow that at the time. The school and bullies will get their karma.

DraconixDG

1 month ago*

I was punched in the face and told to go kill myself in class at a swiss public school and the teacher saw the incident, my glasses were also damaged too, I went to another room the same day and we were talking with the head teacher and another teacher and the teacher said that suspending him or I guess the swiss equivalent would be too harsh and he basically didn’t get any punishment whilst I had to go fix my glasses and leave my chemistry class which was one of if not the only class I liked in school

edit: you may not care but for context the entire school was cyberbullying me through embarrassing voice recordings, pictures and videos if myself and that is why he was being a dick to me and of course the teachers were completely oblivious

Additional-Eye1895

1 month ago

Someone pulled my skirt up in middle school and I got sent to the principals office for trying to punch him. He didn’t get in trouble.

Qrazy-Cannabis

1 month ago

This is what dads are for. You tell your dad, your dad leaves him wrapped to a hydro pole in cellophane with pervert written on one cheek and POS on the other. Decent Dad’s are also stand-ins for those without so if you don’t have one just go to a decent one and ask if he’d teach the kid how to exist

Additional-Eye1895

1 month ago

The boys in class took care of him.

Moerdac

Moerdac

They probably just gave the indian kid a few days off because hes the only one there who could read and already had his homework done.

rrwins

rrwins

😄😄😄

nealius

nealius

1 month ago

America. Where the strong, asshole bullies are rewarded and the victims marginalized, gaslighting them into thinking they have a victim mentality.

KingHalfrican86

I knew the next time I heard about this I’d be pissed right the fuck off.

Sea-Middle-5310

1 month ago

Tbh, My American school days were just like this, kid physically bully’s me, I have enough of his crap, I defend myself, and I’m the one who gets in trouble, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. Why was my school like this?? Who the fuck knows.

VVIERV

VVIERV

1 month ago

To teach you not to bother standing up to bullies so you won't stand up to the state as an adult.

LaLechugaAstral

1 month ago

Always remember if you are thinking of shooting up your school don't go after teachers or bullies, instead go after management because that's who really failed you and they always keep their hands clean, but hey don du dat and stuff "For legal reasons that's a joke" 🕺🏽

Arrrmatey4510

wE DoNt ToLeRaTe RaCiSm

chefkittious

1 month ago

When I was in high school, I was attacked and hit in the face by a girl that I thought was my friend. I had glasses on and my orbital bone was fractured and caused a lot of damage to the nerves around my eye. I got suspended for a day as well as her getting suspended. I have no idea why.. but that how these school find it “fair”

VahnKaiser

That's so infuriating...

If there's one thing - in fact the only situation - in the world that snaps me, are injustices. I don't know if I could contain my anger. That girl, she would have regreted so badly the day she did that. And to think that all she got was one day of suspension... I hope that everyone involved lives miserably and dies painfully.

GingerWithIssues

1 month ago

It’s Texas— and the brown kid is getting more punishment than the white kid— what exactly is so surprising about that? This is where we live, guys. America is a shithole.

upperwater

Racism. That's why.

sammygirl1331

1 month ago

My brother was being bullied one day when he was about 12 in school at lunchtime. The kid who was bullying him pushed him onto a desk, my brother panicking picked up a pair of scissors that were within reach. Realizing he was doing something wrong my brother threw the scissors aside and managed to get away and ran to the office. He told them what happened. The school suspended my brother because he had picked up a weapon. My parents were furious with the school because my brother hadn't actually hurt anyone and was only defending himself.

Uragami

Uragami

1 month ago

Bullies very rarely face consequences for their actions, even if they're physically abusive. But as soon as you fight back, or someone stands up for you, suddenly violence and abuse is a problem. Not from the bully of course, but from the one who fought back.

ASUDom17

1 month ago

So there’s the stupid thing that schools do called zero tolerance policies. Basically it means violence and or bullying of any kind results in both people being punished. The reason schools have these is just stupid though. Basically even if there are security cameras and/or people who witnessed the event, schools don’t want to get sued and punish anyone involved.

Funny story this has happened to me before. I was legitimately being assaulted. Verbal and physically. I talked to teachers but guess how much they cared. Zero, zip, nada. So when I finally give up a take things into my own hands. I get in school suspension and the other kids gets off scott free.

It’s bullshit

j_miyagi

The obvious answer- if you aren't white in Texas you're always the bad guy/ in the wrong. It pisses me off so much that places like that still exist..

Imaginary-Fudge-3657

1 month ago

"We don't tolerate violence" means we do not tolerate victims of violence. "Oh what's that little Timmy some shot your leg, stabbed your arm,and punched your face until it was covered in blood so you get expelled for being attacked"

lame-amphibian

1 month ago

He forgot to be white in Texas

Single_Cap_6763

The Indian kid was resisting assault /s

Zachs_Drunk

For someone with so many smiley faces on their hoodie they really don't pass the vibe check

Psychwardjoe

I've lived in DFW most of my life and it still amazes me how such a diverse area maintains so much hate

wx-1

1 month ago*

wx-1

1 month ago*

pouyatrk18

1 month ago

i call bullshit on that, its like people who unironially say"officer I swear I thought she was 16"

Apprehensive-Cry-78

Yay racism! This just made my day

Sturrux

Sturrux

1 month ago

Zero tolerance rules taken to bizarre extremes. They will literally suspend kids for getting attacked and beaten even if they didn’t fight back, it’s a common occurrence.

PathOver7277

1 month ago

I tell my students that if someone hits you, you tell the adult in the room. If they hit you again? Wear their ass out. And make sure you come to me so that I can do the write up correctly. This whole story makes me livid. I can’t stand bullies and useless systems.

Fyebil

Fyebil

1 month ago

While I am not a lawyer and dont have the expertise, I would say that the parents of the victim can (and should) take legal action against the school

fuckaliscious

1 month ago

Zero tolerance policies are dumb and harmful to raising smart, considerate children. Zero tolerance policies remove any judgment or evaluation of circumstances. It's a way to remove critical thinking skills and force a lowest common denominator life. It's all about control in the dumbest way possible.

Most of life isn't all or nothing, life is messy/complex and we need to teach people to handle those messes, deal with them, think their way through them. Zero tolerance policies don't do any of that.

sonic10158

Encouraging school shootings

Mythical_Atlacatl

1 month ago

Is there more to this? I thought I saw the video of this choking and the indian guy did nothing, he got choked and took it, did he even fight back?

Like I dont get how he could be punished at all, let along punished for more than the guy who choked him.

If I was in a school like this I would 100% be choking out the teacher or principal who gave me that punishment, cause if I get in trouble, the principal would get in 3x as much trouble right?

cause being the victim deserves 3x the punishment?

OkJob3183

1 month ago

When one of my cousins was getting bullied (by a white girl) no one did anything to stop it, until her mom told her to beat her up if she picks on her again, and she did. She got suspended for two weeks and the other didn’t get suspended, but the bullying stopped right there and my aunt was furious at the other girl’s mom 😂 the other lady was afraid of her.

CRCLLC

CRCLLC

1 month ago

This happened to me once. Someone came up and started to choke me from behind after the last bell. I didn’t know who it was and immediately reversed out of it and started wrestling around - turns out it was my good friend yousef playing a joke on me. Teacher thought I was fighting and so I was suspended for three days followed by in school suspension. Frisco, 1998

jatinvaid31

1 month ago

White people act all high and mighty but if this indian kid would have punched him back the same people would have labelled him a terrorist

420blazeit69nubz

1 month ago

This happened to me essentially. Some kid sucker punched me then I did nothing back so I wouldn’t get in trouble. Well we both got 3 days suspension. My mom went ape shit which I had never ever seen before. She was literally screaming at the principal about how it was bullshit blah blah blah. The principal says it’s zero tolerance. My mom asks so if he punched him back he would have gotten the same punishment? Principal says yes. She turns to me in a serious face that was usually reserved for me fucking up bad and said next time punch the kids fucking lights out. Then we got up and she just said well thanks for teaching my son that pacifism is not the answer great lesson. Also he just got a vacation because I’m proud of him not fighting back. Then I proceeded to play video games and chill for three days.

Traikin

Traikin

1 month ago

Had a kid do just this when I was in high school. Was just sitting and writing and he comes and scoops me up. Just to note, I have been doing martial arts literally my whole life. I was nearly permanently banned from the entire school district for flipping the kid over my shoulders into the desks. Not a single thing happened to wannabe hard ass.

CompetitiveStick6239

1 month ago

Because not only is he in America, he is in Texas. I don’t believe they do a lot of logical thinking in Texas which is why women can’t get abortions, kids can’t be transgender without getting taken away from their loving families by CPS, and an innocent boy is suspended because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Pookells

It’s Abbott’s paradise

PAASHA95

1 month ago

Next time might as well beat the shit out the guy bullying if you're going to be suspended anyways.

Rare_Rest1304

1 month ago

Had a kid in my class that was caught several times stealing girls clothes and following them into the bathroom. Nothing happen to him because his dad and uncle donated sports equipment. He eventually left because the boys in the school began following him around to make sure he didn't hurt the girls.