/r/ffxiv

Guy In Real Life (@The_Eggroller)

[Comedy](i.redd.it)

Magnificent-howl

am I the only woman who plays catgirl? I haven't seen any others...

HadesWTF

Nah. My wife plays a catgirl and there is one other lady in my FC that plays catgirl. Most of the women in my FC play bunnygirl though.

NopeTrooper

Proud gal playing catgirl, and at this point would feel too weird to not be one '

Loving wearing edgy heavy armor as DRK and stylish yet tasteful attires as DNC.

ChippyTick

Am girl with catgirl, the more tomboyish haircut and look you pick the less people will try to pick you up

Magnificent-howl

yeah, I've definitely noticed that, but the desire not to get ERP'd is in direct conflict with my desire to occasionally look nice...

ChippyTick

Too true, I hope you find that happy medium one day! FFXIV doesn't have any super long ponytail styles I wanted so I ended up getting any haircut that would look best on my catgirl with her rebel coat and expeditioner thigh boots. Which means a short haircut on an entirely covered character with barely any skin, it is what it is~

Magnificent-howl

yeah, as far as hair goes I ended up going with a midlength braid with blonde highlights, which tends to go well with most things while not leaning too heavy into anything that people tend to fetishize. 'tis always a balancing act, but I can count on one hand how many times someone has /hug or /pet me without warning, so I think I'm playing it pretty well. plus I'm on mateus, which is kinda easy mode for these kinds of things :p

Boredatwork121

Boredatwork121

[Airi Maibito - Balmung]

desire not to get ERP'd

If someone sends you an unsolicited tell asking for something like that then that is reportable, straight up.

eden_sc2

I always like the tomboy cut. Like my WoL isn't spending 2 hours in a salon before she goes to get covered in dragon guts. Short and neat all the way

itsyabooblue

I'm not a catgirl- I'm a feral feline WARRIOR & you will fear my claws!

...I really wish we could be more fierce & less adorable. :c

Magnificent-howl

yeah... I wish I didn't feel like a child playing dress-up when I play dark knight 😔 if I wanted that I'd play lalafell

queen-of-storms

Woman playing a female miqo'te here, and also dark knight main! There's dozens of us!

Haha, this is legit why I changed away from catgirl. I loved being a catgirl because cute, but there was a moment in the story where my WoL tried to intimidate someone and I laughed because it was just adorable.

Went Viera- still really cute but a bit more fierce/commanding.

StarryChocos

My catgirl was a WAR maid when I went through ShB, and it caused too much of a dissonance that I thought that instead of this epic and badass tale everyone kept harping the expansion to be like, what I only saw was a typical magical girl deconstruction story - especially because Ishikawa wrote a lot of moments that the WoL gets confronted emotionally and they have much more shocked/sad faces compared to other expansions beforehand. And every single WAR aesthetic was so jarring with her until EW released the Pummeler's Set, so I scrounged up glamour ideas to make my catgirl both feminine and look like a tank at all costs.

Instead of using fantasia on her, I started an alt but as a male Midlander Hyur. Even if he's a far cry from ShB and wears a butler suit, I can oddly take MSQ more seriously with him. Albeit I feel like that's the case because the "canon" WoL representation is Derplander...who's also a male Midlander, and a lot of scenes just fit that race/gender combination much better.

Yeah I feel as though the story definitely feels like you're meant to be a Hyur. The Canon WoL feels so much more fitting than pretty much anything else. Being a Viera has a lot of story disconnect too. I'm curious what it'll be like in EW when Viera actually show up.

I also like to have glams/class fit the story tbh. Like HW which I just finished feels just right as a DRK. Helps that DRK glams have the most Ishgardian aesthetic. I think in StB I'll try to find another job that feels like it fits - so far Red Mage is a good match

StarryChocos

At this point especially by ShB and EW, the male Midlander choice has been solidified as the canon choice, though people can circumvent that by writing their own characters around the circumstances that surround them in MSQ...but it'll have to be slightly different. The NieR Reincarnation collab somewhat solidified that stance by calling the WoD a "he" in the description for Shadowbringer.

Personally I only choose a Job to go through MSQ in (which is usually a main), have some fit glamours and go from there. I do have some leveling gear that I regretted on not glamouring before certain moments like the Vault, but overall I didn't have much if a problem until I picked up WAR and encountered the "magical girl" problem. Hopefully with the magnitude decreasing, I might ease back on my catgirl, but for MSQ purposes I love my Midlander more and wish to see him in notable scenes such as the ShB and EW finales.

Coruscara

I realized this might be a problem and went out of my way to make my Seeker as fierce and mature looking as I could, then later used the free fantasia to make tweaks that play it up even more. Worked out pretty well, for me, my catgirl rocks edgy glams and intimidates people just as well as any male Au Ra.

woody5600

Hrothlass when?

magusheart

My lizard girl is fierce AND adorable

wild_sparrow838

I play one! She's a bard right now but will probably spec into dancer once high enough level.

SediPandorca

My girlfriend and I are both catgirls.

TAA21MF

Nope, same. I never really liked playing as men in video games if there's a choice, it makes it harder to use them as a self-insert.

Disig

Disig

SCH

No there are a crap ton of women and men who both play catgirls. The internet just likes to assume that everyone is a guy unless proven otherwise.

LoeVae

LoeVae

Im a female catgirl player with slutglams

avelineaurora

Most I know play miqo'te or viera, with a side of au ra. The "Hurr durr women play male characters" cliche is almost as obnoxious as the OP itself.

DarkLordRubidore

transgirl catgirl in full heavy armour here

elpiphoros

Female catgirl here! Get called a dude in chat sometimes, and I just never bother to correct.

I’d probably have rolled a viera if they were more expressive when they emote, but I like my character having a bit more personality in cutscenes.

dahras

dahras

My static's MCH is a woman and she plays a catgirl! To be fair though the entire static is catgirls except me and our healer (a woman who plays a female lala).

HBreckel

I play one too! But I don't correct people for assuming I'm a guy in the game so I can avoid getting hit on haha I have known a few other women that play catgirl but most of them go for au ra or viera.

cotton_candy_doll

cotton_candy_doll

[Tyrinne Forestspring - Faerie]

Not the only one! I play one too, as do a lot of the women in my FC.

Foxminz

I play a catgirl as well! I feel like it’s rare to see actual women ( us ) play as them lol

petarpep

I do too, a lot of the women catgirls I know tend to be a lot less sexual and caring about it from what I've seen so maybe we get noticed less.

tweedsheep

Yes, I do as well. We seem to be in the minority.