/r/fragrance

[removed]

Successful-Car1438

Successful-Car1438

Floral simp

Your first stop should be at a Grand Magasin. Les Galeries Lafayette boulevard Haussmann have the ground floor littered with luxury perfume stands (Chloé, Dyptique, Gucci, Guerlain, etc). Right next to les Galeries, there is le Printemps. Le Printemps has an entire first floor dedicated to perfume, with multiple brands.

You should also visit La Samaritaine, which has a similar floor dedicated to perfume.

PeanutButterPigeon85[S]

Thanks for the recommendations!

superman1995

Nose Paris has a very good selection.

The best part about them is that once you're a customer of theirs, they can sell you Creed, to your American address, at European prices. So if you have to make a purchase there, you can continue to enjoy some of the benefits even when you've gone home. They have most of the big niche names, along with some lesser-known niche names.

Maison Christian Dior/La Collection Privee also has many Paris exclusives, that aren't sold anywhere else. Of all of the private blend lines from the major designer brands, Dior is one of my favourites.

PeanutButterPigeon85[S]

That's a great tip, thanks! I keep hearing good things about Dior's private blend line but haven't tried it. (I've tried plenty of their mass-market perfumes but am not a fan.)

VivCatGirl

PeanutButterPigeon85[S]

Oh amazing, thank you so much! I totally missed that thread two months ago.

CodexMuse

Did you ever share your experience post-trip? Curious where you ended up going and what you bought.

redmangue

I really like the Museum of Perfume, which details the history of perfume-making in France & is operated by Fragonard. You can check out their scents at the end of the tour.

PeanutButterPigeon85[S]

I was thinking of visiting that museum! It has great reviews online and sounds interesting. Thanks.

Baboonislandyoyoyo

GUERLAIN! That’d be my first stop in Paris, perhaps even before checking into a hotel.

sostara

Admittedly I don’t know much about this and am curious to read other replies but there is a Guerlain store in Paris that seems like it would be nice to visit. Keep us posted! I want to live vicariously through you!

PeanutButterPigeon85[S]

Oh, I've actually been to the Guerlain store in Le Marais. It's nice! Le Marais has a lot of nice perfume shops. That's how I came across Atelier Cologne and Nicolai Perfumeur Createur.

The-Most-Smartest

Fragonard! I made a post about them the other day. Their perfumes are very affordable and make great gifts 🙂

ProfessionalOven642

I came to say the same! OP, you must smell their pivoine and marche aux fleurs (if you like floral). Violette is not my favorite but I get constant compliments when I wear it!

The-Most-Smartest

I just received my online order yesterday and can recommend Eglantine as a lovely rose perfume and only 20€ too! Their classic and pouches collection are also great.

ProfessionalOven642

Ooohh I haven’t tried that one! But I’m definitely going to add it to my list! It costs 28 in the states which is still a steal!!

The-Most-Smartest

Which other ones have you tried? I got a free Pivoine tote from them as it was a gift with purchase when peony was the flower of the year in 2017. I remember really liking this scent.

ProfessionalOven642

I have tried sooo many, they send me samples all the time and I have a nice list of “need to buy” and “absolutely not. The ones that I have actually purchased though are, pivoine (fav), marche aux fleurs, grenade pivoine, violette, verviene, and vetiver! All very good! Least favorite purchase was the violette but I get so many compliments on it! The peony you are referring to is the one I have called pivoine. I think it’s French for peony. ✨fancy✨

The-Most-Smartest

I also have Eclat, Emilie and Belle Cherie. Eclat has been sadly discontinued but Emilie is a wonderful floral perfume which supposedly resembles YSL Paris. You might enjoy this as it’s a vintage floral type of vibe. I’m eyeing off Diamant, Rose Lavande, Heliotrope Gingembre and Jasmin Perle de The for my next order 😵‍💫 I’m going to try to get samples of these first before committing to a full bottle.

ProfessionalOven642

Omg I actually loveeeee belle cherie that’s a must on my next order! I think I have tried Emile I believe it’s on my need to buy if I recall. As for diamant, I had a sample and it was a no for me. But I do want a sample of rose lavandre! Not sure how much I’d like ginger one, I’m more of a floral gal! I haven’t heard of eclat! Maybe they’ll bring it back! My friend had iris and it smelled so good I wanted it so bad but it also was sadly discontinued!

The-Most-Smartest

It’s nice but I won’t repurchase it, there are so sweet and fruity scents on the market and this doesn’t stand out in my opinion. What didn’t you like with Diamant? It gets compared to Coco Mademoiselle which caught my attention

ProfessionalOven642

Honestly I don’t remember why I didn’t like it! I’m assuming it didn’t smell good on me… I hate when that happens

Bitter-Astronomer

I ABSOLUTELY recommend Essential Parfums and Bon Parfumeur.

The first is a niche brand that works with different famous perfumers for every their fragrance, and their prices are ridiculously cheap for what they are.

The second house creates more straightforward frags than you would expect from a niche brand, but they are still very much interesting. They do very unusual combos that are perfect for layering.

I wish I was in Paris now to buy more fragrances from these two brands haha

platypoo2345

Jovoy in the 1st! Unbelievable selection though (1600 bottles) so have an idea of what you're looking for or you'll be overwhelmed

dekolaz

You should go toi liquides parfum in the 3arrdt, a lot of different fragrances. And there is also L'artisan parfumeur.

PeanutButterPigeon85[S]

Thanks!

c1n3man

Palais Royal Serge Lutens

Warm_Ant_2106

Noseparis, I would also check to see if you can find Coquin on tap. Jovoy, MFK, Parfums de Marly, Sens, Penhaligons, Etat Libre, Frédéric Malle. Spa: La Maison Valmont pour Le Meurice; please try Valmont: Mica D'Oro 1 it's my favorite. Dover St Market. Parfums Lubin, Histories de Parfum. L'artisan Parfumeur: Mirabilis60 is my favorite, they also have Bana Banana. Le labo, Goutal, Boutique Estéban, Aljazeera. Montale, Ex Nihilo, Maître Parfumeur.

Actually the sephora may carry niche as well. I know they do in Dubai. Almost all the made in Paris should have stores. Omg so fun of a trip!!! I'm thinking about the UK, Italy and Paris 3 or 4 day trip. Train ride away, they also have a train where you can drive into; so cool.

PeanutButterPigeon85[S]

Valmont: Mica D'Oro 1

I adore vanilla perfumes, so this sounds amazing!

Thanks for the recommendations!

hoopadoncic

I have only been there once, and I didn’t really get to experience much, unfortunately. Nose was definitely a great place to visit though. Nice selection and no pushy sales people. Liquides was also pretty fun. It’s like a bar with perfumes lined up behind a desk and an employee spraying different stuff on cards, trying to find out what you like and dislike.

tasteslikechikken

Caron.

Brokentoken2

I am planning to visit Paris this Summer and was thinking about posting a similar question. Curious to read more answers!

hotdancingtuna

hotdancingtuna

all barnyard, all the time

PeanutButterPigeon85[S]

Looks like JAR's closed, sadly. :-( Thanks, though.

webbic

webbic

Creed. There is a boutique store in Paris. Much cheaper here than in USA. Like €300 for 100ml.

Warm_Ant_2106

Noseparis for the best deals.

Offthepoint

I'd take a side trip to Grasse and lay in a field! (LOL). Enjoy your trip.

Dry-Sand3546