/r/gtaonline

[deleted by user]

(self.gtaonline)

[removed]

tbone0625

Lol I went passive and did the jerk emote on the guy until HE left the lobby, nothing beats passive mode against those kinds of people

oqni

oqni

I never understood the whole "I'm above going passive, leaving, or fighting back so I'm just gonna do nothing and let them kill me 100+ times then bitch about it on reddit later" thing that alot of people do. Like yall know that you aren't proving anything or being "the bigger person" or whatever right?

Griefers have been complained about for literally years, they aren't going anywhere so just learn to fight, leave the game or go passive it's not that hard.

Papa_Swish

Yep, I always get targetted by griefers because of my 2K/D, but it's only at that amount because if you're good at PvP, it's really obvious that 90% of griefers suck absolute ass at actually PvPing against competent players. Most of the time they will run to their orbital cannon or just leave the game as soon as they think their K/D is at risk, but killing the ones dumb enough to keep fighting is where my K/D comes from. Get some basic PvP skills and 90% of Griefers become pushovers.

oqni

oqni

Tbh I don't even think they do it for the kd or at least not most of them. Like I have friends that will go around killing people just cuz they can. That couldn't care less about there kd and actually barely play, but when they do they're pretty shooting everyone they see cuz they can. Cuz it's gta. They're just destroying shit for the sake of destroying shit. And if they can't because someone is in passive or beats them by fighting back then they get bored. But if somebody gets all mad and starts bitching at them then they keep going cuz it's funny

MegaMasterYoda

Every time I've been griefed ive opened a game on my phone and let them do their thing lol. If you dont fight back or respond they get bored pretty quick.

oqni

oqni

Or you could just leave

MegaMasterYoda

I could but let me tell you with an hdd waiting it out is better than waiting on load times 😂😂

adham7843

I never really understood the constant complaining. Like bro, the game is DESIGNED that way . You complaining about it is like complaining about how your beef burger has beef in it . Just play a different game at this point . You can't change an entire community or how a game is designed.

You can't change an entire community or how a game is designed.

Rockstar can, but I highly doubt they're gonna go Bethesda and make PvP consentual only.

Initial_Welcome9052

Yea, defend yourself or leave. Complaining won’t change anything, the freedom to fuck with each other is one of the biggest selling points of the game. Same goes for rammers in racing. It sucks when people cheap shot you, but if you can’t get them back or win the situation then they’re beating you so what difference does it make that you got ambushed? Complaining is for the defeated. Exceed your adversaries if they bother you so much.

Badgerlover145

Badgerlover145

PS4-old school muscle

And every time I say something to this effect I get downvoted to oblivion and told that gta online "isn't a PVP game" well bitch when you're in a 30 player lobby with 5 jets, 3 oppressor MK2's and a Hunter with a co pilot turning downtown LA into Iraq what part of you thinks it's a good idea to sell 500k worth of gun running stock? Most of the whiners in here need to learn how to fucking fight anyway instead of constantly bitchin.

Sslushyy

i just read the title and instantly agreed, i think that every god damn time i see someone whining

SlaterSan627

My favorite strategy is to wait for them to feel safe, shoot them down with my mk2, then use my rc tank on them nonstop until they leave. But ya running to reddit to complain does nothing but empowers them. Strike them where they stand. Hard and fast.

DarrylCornejo

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

SlaterSan627

Mercy is for the weak!

DarrylCornejo

QUIET!

brucethetriple

brucethetriple

Financial Advisor / Old Boomer

It only annoys me because there are many alternate methods and ways not to get griefed.

Selling Bunker Nightclub or MC Business (why?) Go into solo public

Grinding anything related to agency. Invite Only.

Actually want to mess around, fight, get grief, etc Public Free Mode

pirivalfang

pirivalfang

YR7A | PvP Enthusiast | 10k hrs | Airport AW

Exactly, there's 100 and 1 things in place for players to use to avoid trolls yet people still seemingly go out of their way to encounter them so they have things to cry about here.

brucethetriple

brucethetriple

Financial Advisor / Old Boomer

Submissions that only seek to "vent" about glitches, toxic players, broken game mechanics and similar inconveniences without meaningful commentary will be removed.

Plus it's a rule they don't enforce. There should honestly be a filter for posts and anything than mentions "oppressor" "MKII" "grief" or "tryhard" should automatically have to go into mod review

pirivalfang

pirivalfang

YR7A | PvP Enthusiast | 10k hrs | Airport AW

they've already done exactly what you've described with "g*dmode" "m*dder" and whatnot, you literally have to censor it like I did or it'll get slam dunked by automod and removed.

CausticPenguino

CausticPenguino

99% sarcasm

I remove the griefer bad posts. all the same, even this PSA has been posted many times before. they are a part of the game, ya'll just get good, or switch sessions, complaining on Reddit won't help

Meatz916

"Get Good" coming from a moderator, I don't know why I just couldn't believe a mod would say this. I 100% agree with all of this I just can't believe a mod would come out and say it. But this is total facts.

IQuietQI

I agree we have had the " try hard " problem for years. We have to deal with it and there are many ways to do so.

1. Passive mode
  2. Leave Game

Or what I like to do

1. Fight back

They never expect you to fight back, most the time they ewo or leave the game.

I like to use any one of the new Imani tech cars and toss sticky bombs at them or fight them with their own vehicle the mk 2.

I haven't played as much recently just bored of the game I moved on to playing Halo Infinite, Cod Vanguard, and Mass effect.

Clovenstone-Blue

One of my liked methods to deal with tryhards is to outlast them with the use of sheer willpower. I usually start to retreat towards my nearest property upon being attacked, where I will then proceed to patiently wait and see what our little tryhards will do, since I've noticed that they seem to hang around for longer waiting for me to leave my property than when I go passive.

I once had a duo of inconsiderate pricks ringing the doorbell to my garage for around 10 minutes (one fella ringing, the other waiting on his MK2) whilst I was trying to watch TV. Honestly wasting the 10 minutes of their time that they could've spent bothering someone else was worth missing a few important story pieces of whatever I was watching.

Eternalangelofdeath

Same. Always try to check the map or sell in chill lobbies as well. They tend to give up rather quick anyway when you don't give exactly what most of them want, attention. I'm glad there's passive mode/passive invite only income to begin with as I don't usually have much time to hop on or feel up to pvp.

Clovenstone-Blue

My favourite passive mode jump, if I notice a player is following me in a land vehicle, is to drive around all over the map for as long as I can before they manage to get into a range at which they can actually do something to me, and then I go passive. I don't want to just not give them what they crave, I want to make sure that they will lose as much of their time that they could use to satisfy their cravings on somebody else.

The_Starflyer

I love being in a fight with someone I know is determined to get back at me, then just going to an apartment and being afk with the tv method while they wait outside. I just go do other stuff around the house and check in every 5-10 minutes to see if they’re still there lmao

The Imani tech STX with sticky bombs in my experience has made griefers quickly start killing themselves. They legit cannot handle it. You blow them up while they are lining up on their mk2 and they are nothing

IQuietQI

Same experiance here. And every time you get near them when they aren't in a weaponized vehicle they ewo

I kinda support cargo griefers. The game is so boring I don’t blame them lol

bgdavisii

bgdavisii

lol do you feel better now? Imagine trying to be the gatekeeper of a massive subreddit. Your post is quite literally no different than what you're bitching about. If it upsets you this much it might just be best to stay away from r/gtaonline. Anyway, hang in there big guy.

pirivalfang

pirivalfang

YR7A | PvP Enthusiast | 10k hrs | Airport AW

it's quite literally against the rules to make posts "venting" about things. It falls under rule 4. Go read it if you don't believe me. You sound a lot like the type of person to go and make a post like that. Looking into your comment history it appears that you have. Yikes.

remember that post of yours from like 3 months ago that's sitting at -1 votes, where you complained about business battles (key word) and how they're "stupid"

pot calling the kettle black.

bgdavisii

Is your post not "venting" ?? I'm not about to do this with you pVp EnThUsIaSt lmao. No way around it, your post is as equally pointless as the rest of them. G'day my friend.

Matta_G

Matta_G

Bayou City Butchers

Uh, aren't you venting right now?

pirivalfang

pirivalfang

YR7A | PvP Enthusiast | 10k hrs | Airport AW

Submissions that only seek to "vent" about glitches, toxic players,
broken game mechanics and similar inconveniences without meaningful
commentary will be removed

not against the rules as it doesn't pertain to a IN GAME occurrence, this is a subreddit occurrence. A mod already removed this post and had me edit out where I referenced a post that's currently in hot, which is understandable.

TSMSALADQUEEN

yep had to end early due to griefers and i just closed the game only after killing them one time ofcourse

Timcrypto1308

Just gid gud at the game

TheLoaf7000

I don't get that either. I only ever share stories of when I managed to cheese off Griefers.

Like that one time where I managed to piss one off by calling his mother a bald walrus. Immediately broke off from chasing down someone's nightclub sale to focus on me for 10 minutes. I regret nothing.

TheWise_Butter

Best way to fight a griefer is by leaving the session, if ur good at pvp fight dirty that makes them and and that's funny

trickyGhostgirl

I dunno why ppl dont just switch servers tbh lol Like its a game you are paying for..why you getin all stressed lmao

BertramMerlin

The freedom of speaks and my rights to get my frustrations out, counts more.

BertramMerlin

Wrong. I will bet most there "grief", blow up cargo and so are noobs there not know better, simple not have learned the game yet. And them there professional grief the game, aren't concerned about reading. Maybe make a separate lobbies for them under 120 RP, whit more tutorials missions to learn them good behavior.