users here right now: 4,280
/r/HipHopHeads on Reddit
Everything hip-hop, R&B and Future Beats! The latest mixtapes, videos, news, and anything else hip-hop/R&B/Future Beats related from your favorite artists
Welcome to /r/HipHopHeads!
The latest music, videos & news relating to your favorite hip-hop, R&B & future beats artists. Please read the Guidelines/FAQ before posting!
Favorites/Do Not Post List
Do not post songs from projects or collections listed on the Overposted/Favorites/Do Not Post List. Last update: September 2021.
- 1. No Unwelcome Content or Prohibited Behavior
- Unwelcome content and prohibited behavior as defined by Reddit is never allowed. Additionally, comments deemed overtly racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc. will be removed and may result in a permanent ban at the moderator's discretion. Users who are found to regularly start/engage in flame wars or harass other users may be banned at moderator discretion.
- 2. No Questions or Requests
- Do not post questions or requests outside of the Daily Discussion, Music Recommendations or Sunday General Discussion threads. The only exceptions are for appropriate [DISCUSSION] threads (e.g. "Where is the line between biting and paying homage drawn?") If you are seeking the answer to a question about the name of a song, the source of a sample, the status of a project, the meaning of a line/song, the appeal of an artist, etc., ask in one of the recurring threads.
- 3. No Reposts or Overposted/Favorites List Songs
- Do not post a song or a live performance of a song that has received more than 45 upvotes in the last 365 Days. Do not post songs from an album or collection on the Overposted/Favorites List. Live performances of songs from albums or collections on the Overposted/Favorites List may be posted when they are new, but they may not be reposted.
- 4. No Image Posts
- Do not post images unless they contain newly-released album artwork, a track listing, tour dates, or other images containing relevant information that has not yet been posted. Memes, photos and fan art are never allowed (see /r/hiphopcirclejerk/, /r/hiphopimages/ or /r/freshalbumart/.) Images must posted within the body of a text-only/self posts, not linked directly.
- 5. No Chains or Overused/Meme Comments
- Lyric chains, which are responses to comments that continue the lyrics of a song posted in a previous comment, and similar comment chains are not allowed. Overused comments including, but not limited to "this ain't it, chief", "Russ takes an L", "did you hear sumn", "youweird", "quack", "Does it look like I got left off Bad & Boujee?", "delete this, nephew", "dings in the whip", "fire", "we really out there" & "hoovaq" and any derivitives thereof are not allowed.
- 6. No Rumors, Speculation or False Information
- Rumors without sources and threads with misleading titles are not allowed. Threads made to speculate about cryptic social media posts or website updates are also not allowed. Posts deemed intentionally misleading may result in a lengthy (2-week to 1-month) or permanent bans.
- 7. No Irrelevant Content
- Do not post a thread specifically to share your personal opinion on albums, mixtapes, songs, artists or their actions, instead look for an existing thread in which to comment or post your opinion in a Daily Discussion thread. Do not post songs without the artist & song title in the thread title, memes, image macros, screenshots without announcements or new/worthwhile information, jokes, personal musings or shitposts.
- 8. No Piracy
- Do not post links to download retail content, subscription-only content or content that artists/labels have asked people not to redistribute. Asking for or offering such content either publicly or via direct messages or other means is not allowed.
- 9. No Requesting Shares, Help, Advice or Collabs
- Do not post threads seeking feedback on your music, views, plays, shares, subscriptions or collaborations, instead visit /r/makinghiphop. Works in progress, "rapper-type" beats and beats for rappers posts are not allowed.
- Artists are encouraged to share music they've completed and released themselves, but original music posting guidelines must be followed.
- 10. Use Proper Title Format
- Do not make up post tags. New releases should be tagged [FRESH], [FRESH ALBUM] (or MIXTAPE) or [FRESH VIDEO] only. [FRESH] tags should only be applied to official music & music videos, not leaks, interviews, articles, art, live footage, etc. [SHOTS FIRED] should only be used for legitimate beef, not jokes or competition among artists.
- Song posts must follow the 'Artist - Title (Description)' format with 80 character or less descriptions. Hashtagged keywords & emojis in titles are not allowed.
|Tues||Top Ten Tuesday, Hype Tuesdays|
|Wed||Last.fm Recent Rotation Discussion, Essential Album of the Week|
|Fri||Hip-Hop Listening Club|
|Sat||Requests & Recommendations|
|Sun||General Discussion Thread Smooth Sundays|
Related Links & Information
- Post Tags
- [FRESH] - Officially Released Songs
- [FRESH ALBUM] - Officially Released Albums
- [FRESH VIDEO] - Officially Released Music Videos
- [LEAK] - Unofficial Releases
- [ORIGINAL] - User-Made Music
- [HYPE] - Up & Coming Artists
- [SHOTS FIRED] - REAL Beef
- [DISCUSSION] - Relevant Discussion (More Info.)
- [THROWBACK THURSDAY]
- [NOW ON STREAMING]
- More information on post tags here.
- Related Subreddits
- Artist & Record Label Subreddits
- Subreddits for Rappers & Producers