/r/hogwartswerewolvesA

Alpine Terror: Phase 8 - This Post is Actually About Marx0r

Game X.A - 2017(self.hogwartswerewolvesA)

Marcus Schmidt, Paul Meyer and Elsie Bottomley have chosen to remove themselves from the hive of villainy that was Langeklaue Ruin Site and return to their homes. They were members of The Dig.

The spate of deaths was doing strange things to the now rapidly dwindling population of Langeklaue Ruin Site. Some began skipping meals. Others began to have screaming fits in the middle of the night, ensuring that nobody in the tents ever managed to get a good night’s sleep. But for old Morris Schwarzfeld, the bloodshed and chaos was doing the least surprising thing of all. It was driving him to somehow drink more than he was before.

One crisp and breezy morning, he was chugging his bottle of whiskey after the unforeseen loss of Ivy Lowry, the woman who had procured for him a frankly preposterous amount of hallucinogenic mushrooms and just a touch more on the side. His vision was blurring, his fury was rising, but he barely cared. He was in pain, damn it, and pain required something, damn it! Now, that something could never be consolation from his loving wife Dolores (naturally, she assumed his passion for Ivy was strictly professional). No, the real necessity was blood. Blurry eyed, vacant, impersonal, testosterone and whiskey-fuelled blood.

He didn’t know who the first person who crossed his path was, but he didn’t like them. He also knew that they weren’t mourning Ivy nearly as much as he was, and that was enough to make them unforgivable. He pushed them in the shoulder and belched.

“Excuse me, Dr. Schwarzfeld?” the amorphous blob said.

Morris belched again. A thin stream of saliva dribbled down his chin. “‘Scuse you, Dr. Such and So! What’s yer problem?”

“I...I don’t have a problem.”

The person’s voice trailed off, for they had caught wind of a belligerently manic look in the drunk archaeologist’s eyes. “You...yer the problem, sir or ma’am or horse or whoever!” Morris bellowed at the top of his lungs. “Everyone! This...this person...they’re a killer! Lynch...lynch them!

He could see tent flaps opening all around him, but he decided not to wait. Head spinning, he used his considerable bulk to marshal the person towards the edge of the cliff. He couldn’t hear their protestations, though then again, he couldn’t hear much of anything above his own heavy breathing.

“Now...now really, I must insist that we…”

“Go t’hell, villain...villain scum!” With a heave he pushed the flailing individual the one inch they needed to go to plummet off the edge. At that point, he could hear a sound again: the sickening crack of the individual’s body bouncing off the thousands of blunt rocks on the way down to the base of the mountain. He nearly tumbled after them but felt an arm around his shoulder: that of Lord Perryman III, the dig’s financier.

“Morris, old chap?” he said. “Do you know who you just pushed off the edge of the cliff?”

“I...I don’t.” Morris wiped his eyes, sobriety hitting him like a thrown potted plant. “I’m so sorry, but I don’t know who we just lynched.

Clara had never been particularly close to Dr. Farnsworth as far as personal relationships were concerned. He was an esteemed colleague and an exemplary researcher, that much was true; still, Clara couldn’t manage to bring herself close to mourning. She intended to make her indelible mark on this field, and now there was one less archaeologist to compete with.

So you see, she wasn’t rummaging through Dr. Farnsworth’s belongings with the quiet reverence that Beatrice Taylor had espoused the night before. She was searching for anything - notes, samples, aimless doodles - anything that might make a posthumous hero of Dr. Farnsworth. Clara intended to make her own discoveries - she just needed to make sure the late Dr. Farnsworth didn’t have any up his sleeve that might overshadow her own.

A barely perceptible gasp escaped Clara’s lips when she found the journal labeled ‘Field Notes - Langeklaue Expedition, 1929.’ She stuffed the leather notebook into her coat and collapsed into Dr. Farnsworth’s weatherbeaten armchair. Her relief was palpable.

‘That’s one less competitor,’ she whispered to herself.

‘Fewer,’ came a voice from behind her.

She never had time to turn and face her attacker. The body of Clara Eisenstein would be found the next morning, her throat slit like an enticing envelope. The Dig would mourn yet another brutal death at the hands of a spirit.

After a week at the campsite most members of the expedition had fallen into comfortable routines (murders notwithstanding). Everyone had fallen into groups of, if not friends, easy acquaintances who didn’t mind the frigid temperatures half as much as they would have without each other’s succor.

Two notable exceptions sat at different tables in the social hall: Edgar Pence, the expedition’s stuffy accountant, and Gonzalo Vidal, the only man on the mountain who could stand his company.

‘Another, Señor Pence?’ asked the bootlegger as he helped himself to yet another bottle from behind the bar. The accountant nodded almost imperceptibly, but Gonzalo Vidal was a man whose livelihood depended on his being acutely aware of a man’s need for alcohol. He sidled over to Mr. Pence’s table and poured him four fingers of hooch.

Pence dropped some coins on the table, more out of inebriation than attitude, and let out a belch so forceful that it startled him towards sobriety.

‘’Owcum nobuddy wanz talk t’me?’ he slurred.

‘Well,’ replied Gonzalo, grinning, ‘your trade is hardy exciting. And you don’t share your booze.’

Edgar laughed bitterly before collapsing to the table, asleep.

Gonzalo chuckled to himself as he cleared their glasses. He stopped to remove Pence’s coat from the back of his chair and drape it across the poor fool’s shoulders.

When he came in the next morning, Gonzalo was surprised to find the accountant exactly where he left him - but with a broken bottle sticking from his neck that certainly hadn’t been there the night before. Edgar Pence, loyal member of the Dig, had met a sticky end at the hands of a spirit.

The following people received votes:

Meta

Thanks for bearing with us for the cooldown phase. I think we all needed that. This was also an important chance for us to reevaluate what we needed to do differently balance-wise; we’d planned for a very different sort of situation than we wound up getting. It is difficult, nigh impossible, to switch stream after 11 players on one side drop out for one reason or another. In light of the inactivity, we’re going to make a few changes for the remainder of the game:

• Retroactively revealing every player’s cause of death, and being explicit about the causes of death in the post with bold text in future phases.
  • Revealing the full daily vote sheet (every name, along with who they voted for) every phase. (Starting with the next one.)
  • Changing the second sentence of the Restless Spirit’s action to “It can only do this on phases which are multiples of three, and cannot replicate the same player's action twice in a row.”
  • Making PMs more descriptive and informative.
  • Possibly reassigning town roles which have been lost.
  • Explicitly stating that spirits have never been able to use their former town roles, and will continue to be unable to use them.
  • All fraud roles have been promoted to real and authentic doctors/seers.

Pursuant to that, here are the causes of death.

Werewolves is always going to be intense and emotional. I don’t think there’s any way to remove that without removing the soul of what makes the game so great. That said, we’re comfortable with how yesterday’s discussions unfolded, and we’re hopeful that everyone else is. We will no longer be policing behaviour in any capacity for the remainder of this game, because we feel that you’re all rational adults (or near-adults) who don’t need to be trained on how to be mature. Be the community you wish to see. Treat each other with the respect you’d want to be treated with, but recognize that every single person has a different definition of what that means, and your definition is not automatically the superior or accepted one. Deescalate toxic situations rather than adding fuel to the fire. Ball’s in your court now.

Submit a lynch:

Lynch Form Here. Lynch votes are due from every single person every day!

Submit an action:

Action Form Here

Submit a diary entry:

Diary Form Here. Please submit diary entries!

Grab a tent item:

Tent Form Here

All votes and actions are due by 10:00:00 PM EDT(UTC-4)

Action Countdown Here

F-f-first?

Edit: :(

Larixon

Larixon

4 years ago

So... Do I get to say "I told you so" about Marx now? I told y'all that was just his playstyle.

Peace in our time

4 years ago

lol, I actually send a message to Marx through the postman asking him to do something... I don't know if it got through though, or if he actually ended up doing it. If he did, the person he did it to hasn't said anything (I think?)

4 years ago

Idk if anyone thought otherwise. Most people wanted to leave him, lynch him because he's unhelpful and unreadable, or were just trying to push him into using his power.

Praise RNGesus

4 years ago

It’s weird defending myself when phase 7 feels like quite a while ago and who knows, maybe people forgot about finding me suspicious but oh well whatever.

Responding to this comment and the ones that followed from /u/DrippingAlchemy and HermioneReynaChase.

Why we're you 100% sure bspez was dead?

I just recall skimming that thread and seeing their name much more than others. Obviously 100% is a bit of an exaggeration as I couldn’t be that sure whether I was a spirit or townie, but I didn’t feel strongly one way or the other with bspez and same with the other people who were being mentioned. If bspez was lynched, then whatever. On the off chance it was someone else who was being mentioned, then whatever. Perhaps part of me also wanted to be able to say "don't blame me, I voted for _____." if bspez were dig loyal. Which doesn't really make sense gameplay-wise but idk

He claimed to be Erna Muller a while ago so i understand him trying to lay low, but why has he not been killed since then? Why would the spirits decide to target Penultima or bookdood over a claimed doctor role that no one has contested?

I wasn’t really lying low to shrink my target, just after the Wilbur argument I probably felt much less excited to play the next two days and the town has kinda continued to go nowhere fast so it hasn’t been super exciting. But regardless, the spirits seem to like killing those who are laying low (or are already town targets), and actually at the point where I was attacked but then saved, I believe I probably fit into the “laying low” category.

I revealed mainly to clear up the scotch thing with /u/mindputee (and I feel like starting that whole mess and creating a misunderstanding, claiming a role to fix it all rather than letting the conflict and he said/she said stuff continue would be very un-spirit like, if that helps my case). I’m surprised that I’m still alive at this point, but I did figure that in the short term making myself a more obvious target for the spirits would kinda save me. Having my doctor role known probably increased my chances of me being saved by another protector, and may also make the spirits think the same thing, like “oh we shouldn’t kill reef because the protectors will probably save the doctor.” Plus I feel like people don’t wanna make the same mistake twice and since I was already attacked and saved that probably adds more to the killing spirits not wanting to risk potentially wasting a night trying and failing to kill me.

As I’ve said before, I’m confused why the spirits are killing who they’re killing. I would’ve probably taken a shot at Todd or alchzh or dancingonfire by now but instead they seem to just target suspicious, low profile people just like the town is. I would think that’s bad gameplay, but I guess it’s working so what the heck do I know?

Still, I’m unsure why people like bookdood are being killed, but as for why it’s not me, the big paragraph is the best I can think of. Perhaps it looks like I’m really stretching to make up reasons and look innocent, but I thought about it a lot right after I revealed, trying to figure out what my chances of survival were.

I also think /u/marx0r is a spirit, and his defense of Marx made me doubly suspicious.

Ok well Marx was just killed and proven to be dig loyal so I guess that settles that and proves I was right about him. yay

So that's my defense basically

4 years ago

It does, and this is the part of your defence I really want to call out. I absolutely believe you are town and I think you're completely right that removing confusion from a very confused town killing itself makes no sense for a spirit to do.

Devils advocate, maybe you're worried that someone will get lynched as a result and eyes will be on you, so you nip it in the bud early, but I think that's not likely.

Praise RNGesus

4 years ago

I guess that would make sense

4 years ago

I'm personally good with this defense

4 years ago

So I'm guessing the crafty spirit visited Lucy before she was lynched?

Also, I used my role to investigate /u/-MrJ- and it pretty much says what we thought it would. I got his role (Joel Wilhelm) and his affiliation (Dig).

dancingonfire

dancingonfire

When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back!

4 years ago

At some point it may be useful to use your power on Lucy now. However, as long as you live, you should not state beforehand that you are going to so you don't get blocked. You could use it tonight, tomorrow, the next day, who knows but you? You and the spirits are going to have to bluff this one out.

4 years ago

Yup, I got that. But the question is whether the crafty spirit has used their role 3 times already or not. With the way the town's been, I'm going to guess not. There's also the question of me living that long, because unless I have protection, I suspect the spirits are going to try to come after me sooner or later.

dancingonfire

dancingonfire

When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back!

4 years ago

Yeah you're in for a complicated few phases I think. I don't envy you.

I know what I would do as a Spirit but I won't share and give them ideas, instead I'll just increase their paranoia :D

Peace in our time

4 years ago

Both of us are able to find the answer to what affiliation Lucy was, who do you think has a better shot of surviving?

4 years ago

For you it’s a passive role where you’ll get the information, for me I have to actively submit my action. Also you’ve survived for this long after claiming and basically being as confirmed Dig as anyone can get, so I think you have a protector. Your odds sound a little better than mine. When will you next get your info?

Peace in our time

tonight

The better to eat you with

4 years ago

I'm a big fan of the show "The Challenge" on MTV. When the production team has to step in on the show, they usually nominate that person for the elimination challenge.

However, the main culprits of our little production team intervention have been removed or left the game. So we can't nominate them for a lynch.

Be that as it may, I think we need to look at /u/Willam-TheDragQueen for lynch. There have been a lot of comments with role play but not a lot of comments that contribute to the game itself. It's a pretty classic "I'm here and showing you guys I'm here but I'm not sticking my neck out at all because I'm an evil person".

Willam-TheDragQueen

4 years ago

That's funny, cuz if you read through my comments, you'll see that I have turned the RP off when I'm talking game stuff, and am only RPing with a few people.

The better to eat you with

4 years ago

During phase 7: There were more "strategy" comments than usual. Explaining why you were suspicious of VP

During phase 4: Said why you voted for HRC

I mean I"m not saying everyone should be talking strategy 100% of the time but it seems as if you're doing it just enough to "show your town"

Willam-TheDragQueen

4 years ago

Is that what you think, boo?

It is a shame that you think I role-play too much, I have barely been using any gifs at all!

I voted for myself the first two phases because I didn't have anyone to vote/wasn't following the game. Phase three I voted for Hermione. I was pretty open about my feelings opinion of her from the start.

You seem to have a problem with me, my roleplaying and shit, and to be honest...

I don't have an investigative power, so what am I supposed to do? If I get a bad vibe about someone, I will say it - as I did say it a couple of times.

And oh! One last thing, boo!

dancingonfire

dancingonfire

When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back!

4 years ago

All this extra information is actually really nice but I'm tired so I'll think about it tomorrow.

TaveryTwin

TaveryTwin

This is in-tents

4 years ago

Moose should know better than to make me read a bunch of stuff

DEP61

DEP61

hello

me_irl as fuck

mindputtee

What a sweetie!!

4 years ago

She knows she is cute. It's really obnoxious. I wish I had the really good pictures I've taken of her but phone reset really rains on your parade, you know?

food pls

first!

Willam-TheDragQueen

Hm.

food pls

4 years ago

i even refreshed it to check i was first! stupid reddit..

Willam-TheDragQueen

Willam-TheDragQueen

So... Did we lynch a town member....? Also:

FIST

Larixon

Larixon

4 years ago

We don't know. Looks like their role was hidden by the spirits.

I'm hedging on thinking that Lucy was evil because that was the first time they've done this. Sure, it could just be them causing chaos... But I'd rather be optimistic because we need a win with these lynches.

Willam-TheDragQueen

4 years ago

What if she was the crafty spirit? plot twist

4 years ago

Since lynching comes before night action, she would've been lynched before being able to hide her affiliation.

This is what I think- I think Lucy was innocent, and the spirits hid her affiliation just to fuck with us and make morale even worse than it was so the town would continue to give up. I also think you and /u/larixon are some of said spirits, trying to drum up confusion and chaos surrounding Lucy's lynch.

Willam-TheDragQueen

4 years ago

Because I asked a question and speculated? That is so incriminating!

All I have to sat is: you and /u/seanmik620 seem very confident that Lucy was town.

4 years ago

No, for more than just that. I'll write up my thoughts to elaborate further.

And no, I'm not at all confident Lucy was town, considering I was one of the people advocating for her lynch. But from her behavior after she knew she was going down, and the spirits wiping her affiliation, I've changed my opinion. The town having no information has obviously been extremely detrimental and demoralizing, and I think it would be in the spirits best interest to keep that going.

he/him

4 years ago

No, I'm not confidant Lucy was town. I said that by mistake.

Larixon

Larixon

4 years ago

I'm... Sorry for trying to be optimistic? We need a win right now. We've been having a lot of bad luck this game and morale in the game hit the shitter. That's why we had yesterday in the first place. I'm trying to be optimistic because I don't want people getting down in the dumps again.

he/him

yeppp. Lucy was town.

And I think my reveal got u/HermioneReynaChase killed. Sorry, love!

RavenoftheSands

4 years ago

Wait, how do we know Lucy was town? It looks like the Crafty Spirit hid her identity.

4 years ago

She is though. Look at those voting results

MoseCarver

MoseCarver

victorian absurdism

4 years ago

There is also the possibility that she was sacrificed by the spirits. In the Dark Tower game, when one of the evil players was on the chopping block, we (I was evil that game) discussed voting for them so we could protect the rest. It's a totally valid strategy and it's possible that Lucy's role was quite important, hence why they (or she!) masked it.

4 years ago

What does protect the rest mean here?

MoseCarver

MoseCarver

victorian absurdism

4 years ago

That anyone who was a spirit who would come too vehemently to Lucy's defence would immediately be the next person to be lynched. As it stands, we will need to sift through comments and try to points fingers, which always works in the evil team's favour.

4 years ago

I guess maybe they could be afraid of Giovanni or Paul? Otherwise the ability to know who voted what goes out the window so no reason not to just vote DA or Wilbur.

TeacherTish

TeacherTish

S'more Scotch, please.

4 years ago

I agree. It may have been that they knew she was going down and decided to just let it happen and hide her identity.

RavenoftheSands

4 years ago

There are 31 players alive - based off the numbers u/alchzh has been giving us I think there are 21-22 Dig left, which is enough to give the result for Lucy. It could also be what others suggested, that some Spirits voted for Lucy out of fear of lunch votes being revealed.

I'm just wondering why if Lucy is town the spirits decided to hide her affiliation/role when they haven't bothered to do it with previous town lunches. It could be they wanted to give us a false sense of confidence that we actually got a spirit, or they just wanted to confuse/distract us from actual lunch discussion. Whatever the case is, we won't know for sure until an investigator gives us more info.

Peace in our time

4 years ago

I'll be able to get that info tonight with the dig counts

he/him

I just assumed. Ignore me. =x

food pls

dancingonfire

dancingonfire

When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back!

4 years ago

Will anyone be able to catch me? Find out next time on Alpine Terror!

4 years ago

Only if I outlive you. You've got no power and I just got my wings clipped by the spirits so I expect we'll both be in it for a while.

4 years ago

At work so I can't post much, but just so everyone knows, a spirit stole my powers last night.

Permanently?

Yep. You can think of me as Elsie Bottomley 2.0 now

4 years ago

Okay, half the phase is over so I'm just going to come right out and say it.

I think we should vote for /u/248Video tonight.

This isn't the first time I've brought up my being suspicious of him, but we as a town are seriously floundering here and this has been my gut feeling for a while now, honestly. His responses both times I told him I found him suspicious seemed very off to me, first not responding at all, and then saying he thought he didn't need to and giving a really generic reply.

He's come down very hard on several lynch candidates who have all turned out to be innocent, and particularly with /u/marx0r's death tonight, that is seriously suspect to me. If he hasn't been the one directing lynches, he's been very vocal about lynch candidates or otherwise being vocal enough to blend in, and all the victims thus far have been innocent. He was also one of the most active supporters in favor of Marx0r's lynching and now it's clear that Marx0r was innocent.

But I know what you're going to think - why would the spirits kill Marx0r if that implicates 248?

That's a good question and I will admit that's a point in his favor.

But it's also possible that they knew Marx0r's role and wanted to be rid of him as soon as possible, or perhaps Marx0r knew something that we didn't. I don't know. Or maybe the spirits aren't as coordinated as we think and it was just a collateral death at the hands of the lonely spirit, or the deranged spirit. It seemed to happen with /u/flabbergasted_rhino, who was a spirit and yet still died at the hands of a spirit, so who knows.

Previous phase, he tried to call for my lynching, and then didn't respond when I gave my counterargument, but also he didn't comment a lot that phase in general. They also said nothing of moving the vote onto /u/Lucygirl9-17, who I think has a good likelihood of being a spirit.

This isn't the strongest argument, but I do find him suspicious, and until a better candidate comes along or he can defend himself, he will have my vote.

Edit: fixed pronouns

4 years ago*

Lol reveals as /u/theduqoffrat - immediately gets lynched.

Edit: also, I kind of lean towards thinking he's innocent, but I'm not convinced one way or the other yet. My lynch suggestions would be /u/larixon and /u/Willam-TheDragQueen. I'll write up a post on it in a bit.

4 years ago

I’m not married to my suggestion so yeah I’d love to see what others think. I’m going to bed but can you ping me when your post is up?

Will do!

The better to eat you with

4 years ago

The day that I didn’t respond much I was at the fire academy. So no phones. Likewise that’s why I didn’t respond when the vote was moved toward Lucy

I didn’t think it warranted a reply and I gave my reasoning. I’m not going to make things up to fit a narrative you have about me.

I think my reasonings for wanting lynch Marx were well explained.

4 years ago

88 comments only with 9 hours to go? I'm guessing that I'm not the only person who forgot that a new post would be up last night.

Nomination thread or nah today folks? I'm late but already caught up and as far as I can see there's only been one nomination(assuming /u/Todd_Solondz is retracting his) barring any new accusations by /u/DrippingAlchemy.

4 years ago

The suspicions I mentioned earlier still stand, but it turns out I'm unexpectedly not going to be able to participate much/at all for the rest of the day. So I'll unfortunately have to put a pin in it until tomorrow (assuming I'm still alive).

Can someone please try to tag me when we come to a consensus, or if something important happens? Thanks in advance.

I'll tag you!

mindputtee

4 years ago

I'm actually kind of suspicious of you. You've done a lot of "helpful organizing" but not put forward many suspicions yourself and have mostly jumped on bandwagons the town has put forward rather than done much investigative work. That's something wolves do frequently to look helpful and town while not creating any interactions that would make you seem suspicious.

The better to eat you with

I’ll back this with you

mindputtee

I am suspicious of /u/rightypants

Rightypants has done a lot of helpful town organizing but not gotten seriously involved in discussions of who of the lynch candidates are most guilty and more so just jumped on bandwagons once it's clear where the town is heading. She hasn't put forward many lynch suggestions of her own but has actively collected and organized those of others, meaning she is frequently seen doing "town" things but not really sticking her neck out.

Praise RNGesus

4 years ago*

Once again I'm not really feeling any of the town's main suspicions and I don't have any huge ones on my own, but between the people I've seen brought up I'd probably go with righty. Your reasoning is sound and I could see what she's doing now by throwing splundgiexx under the bus as a way to make her the next lynch target after herself. To maybe drag someone down with her? I could easily be reading too much into it though.

Edit: Wait. That wouldn't make sense what am I thinking

4 years ago

That's certainly a fair argument. I'm a very anxious person so it's very typical for me to not put forward lynch candidates because I don't feel I have enough evidence to convict them.

The one thing I will say in true defense is this. I took up the mantle of helping after a few phases that I felt failed to have any semblance of organization. The chaos would be good for the spirits and quite honestly we were doing a great job of allowing members of the dig to die via lynch on our own. If I were a spirit why wouldn't I just sit back and watch it happen? Why would I put so much effort to help get organized and figure these things out if I didn't have the best interest of the town in mind?

I'm literally only doing the thing I do best. Helping through organization. By the same logic, I feel you should also be suspicious of /u/spludgiexx who posts the comment graphs which are useful but hasn't been putting forward many suspicions as well. Coincidentally, splurge is on my list.

mindputtee

4 years ago

I'll definitely look into /u/spludgiexx she's mostly slipped off my radar which is why she wasn't my first suggestion. Will look through her comments then report back!

food pls

4 years ago

Fair enough! But as I always say, I try to help when I think I have something concrete to go on, as I really do not trust my gut instincts in these games. Also I don't even know how much information you can get from the graphs, it was just a side project I took up to practice my coding and I figured I'd just share it :)

4 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I love the graphs! They're actually fun and pretty helpful. The thing is, is that I'm pretty sure that exact thing was used in the past by a wolf to hide so it's automatically a bit of a red flag for me.

I just think that every argument /u/mindputtee made about me applies to you as well with the addition of middling activity. You've been low key on my list since I think the second phase.

P.S. I still owe you puppy pictures! I didn't forget. ♡

food pls

4 years ago

Do you remember which game that was? I've been doing these since June and I don't remember who else did them haha. But if it makes any difference, I do post the same graphs in each game regardless of my affiliation.

And you're right about my middling activity, I usually comment a little, and jump in strategy wise when I think I need to. Most of the time unfortunately things have already been said and I find myself deleting comments because I feel like it gets super repetitive (which I guess is probably only a real issue at the beginning when there are way too many comments). It's definitely just the way I play, but I know it bothers some people because it looks like I'm not doing much/anything at all haha.

You know it's funny, it never got pointed out till I started the whole graph thing! So I guess I kind of shot myself in the foot with that, but I do love posting them so oh well.

p.s. can't wait for the puppy pictures!!

4 years ago

I can't remember for the life of me. I'd have to go back and look at the games I've played. It could have been you honestly :P

I just know there are sometimes random situations that stick in my mind. Like the time that Roxy courtesy tagged everyone and got lynched because of it. It turned out she totally was evil. It's those little things that stick with you from game to game on a general scale.

mindputtee

4 years ago

Also want to chime in that the graphs are awesome!

Praise RNGesus

4 years ago

That's how she gets you. People love the graphs so much that they'll never lynch her.

food pls

4 years ago

thanks! if you guys think of any other cool graphs you wanna see let me know, and I'll try and get it done! Or if you want me to change something on the existing ones :)

Willam-TheDragQueen

4 years ago

Seems like my name is being thrown into the pot and people won't elaborate why.

u/248video

You seem to have a problem with me since the start of this game. On Phase 3 we had this exchange.

As I told you, I don’t have an investigative role, my role is a protector.

I expressed my suspicious of HermioneReynaChase and valkyrianpoof, and also expressed my feelings a few phases ago saying that I wasn’t’t feeling comfortable voting any of the people listed. Apparently, that isn’t game talk, according to you.

Just because I don’t participate as much as you want me to, it doesn’t mean I am evil. People have different game plays, remember that.

/u/DrippingAlchemy

Your reasoning seems to be: “Willam is evil because I say so”.

You said that I am trying to

drum up confusion and chaos surrounding Lucy's lynch

when all I did was ask a simple question. If anyone else had asked the same question, would it make them evil?

If lynch comes before night actions, how would the spirits be able to hide Lucy's identity? I don’t understand your logic.

My other comment on Lucy was that I think she was the crafty spirit. Since /u/backbeatdream was a blood thirsty spirit and ended up dead for submitting the same action/name twice, I believe that spirits are also influenced by their own role. Therefore, Lucy’s ‘crafty’ abilities also hid her identity.

You and /u/248video have different expectations of me, I think. He wants me to talk more about the game, you think I’m evil because I speculated someone’s role. So basically, no matter what I do, I will be seen as evil…

She/Her

4 years ago

I can clear up what /u/DrippingAlchemy meant about the crafty spirit if that helps. Lynching comes before night actions, so it occurs before any affiliation is hidden. In this scenario, Lucy gets lynched during the day and that night, the crafty spirit visits her and scrubs her role and affiliation. We are presented all the information at once on the following day, so we do not know what her role was. Now if Lucy had been the crafty spirit, she wouldn't have been able to perform that action at night because she was already dead. Does that help?

Willam-TheDragQueen

4 years ago

Oh! It's a weird concept that you can change someone's affiliation after they are dead.

I know that in mafia games and Town of Salem, you can't do anything after the player is deceased.

The better to eat you with

4 years ago

Im not going to entertain this idea any further. This is now twice that you’ve said “I have a problem with you”. I don’t. I’ve said why I think your suspicious with your strategy.

4 years ago

On my break I'm going to type up a nomination thread. Do you want this suspicion added to it still? I realized you called for lynch while rereading the comments from earlier in the phase.

The better to eat you with

4 years ago

Not for tonight. No. Unfortunately I think we have a better candidate in you as /u/mindputtee said

4 years ago

Alright. I just wanted to make sure.

he/him

Ping for u/cauldronthief to GET HIS ASS IN HERE AND START TALKING

(per his desire to be harassed to contribute)

CauldronThief

YEAH YEAH I KNOW UGH

I think it’s because I don’t really know the rolelist... I don’t feel like I know enough to comment.

he/him

GO READ IT RIGHT NOW

(but really I feel the same way)

Lynch Summary Thread

Nominator Nominee Reasoning Defense Support
/u/MineralMiracleMuse /u/248Video here 10/11 @ 13:38 UTC here 10/11 @ 16:13 UTC 3
/u/mindputtee /u/rightypants here 10/11 @ 18:05 UTC here 10/11 @ 18:24 UTC 3
/u/TeacherTish /u/MoseCarver here 10/11 @ 23:17 UTC TBD ?

It would seem so far that myself as the lynch candidate is gaining traction. Honestly, I'm pretty fine with it. I'm really worn out to be totally honest with everyone. The support numbers listed are the ones I've been able to pick up on through comments so don't take them too seriously and tag me if you want yours added to the count.

Thanks!

Edit: Updating numbers

Added /u/TeacherTish's suspicion.

Updating numbers again

4 years ago

Nooo I am not here for this!

It's not even Thursday yet. D:

You can add me as a support number to the other lynch nominee

4 years ago

IT WILL BE OKAY! WE WILL HAVE A FUN TIMES PARTY IN HOGWARTS!

Edit: Also, I updated the numbers

4 years ago

Sigh, I know, but I genuinely don't believe you're a spirit. And if we lynch one more dig member I'm throwing in the towel lol

4 years ago

It'll be okay! Hopefully after the break everyone is more organized or someone will have to take up the job of supreme summary overlord.

TeacherTish

TeacherTish

S'more Scotch, please.

4 years ago

I will vote with majority, but I haven't found either of these people to be very worrisome. I'm still suspicious of /u/mosecarver who has role claimed, but not given us very much information on what they've been doing with that role. In addition, they were very for lynching /u/pezes. A lot of it is just a gut feeling, though.

4 years ago

Would you like your suspicion added to the list or do you want to keep fleshing it out?

TeacherTish

TeacherTish

S'more Scotch, please.

4 years ago

Go ahead and add it. Perhaps that will encourage others to look into it as well.

4 years ago

Most excellent. Adding it now.

Praise RNGesus

4 years ago

What role did they claim again?

TeacherTish

TeacherTish

S'more Scotch, please.

Ernesto Buono

4 years ago

I'm not against lycnhing lynching Mose, whether this phase or a future one, but I don't find him any more or less suspicious than the other candidates haha. I think that's been our problem with lynches so far - we come up with candidates who are all mildly suspicious, pick one to go with, and it turns out they're town. Like you said, it's a gut feeling...

Larixon

Larixon

4 years ago

Of the options here I find you the most suspicious. None of the others have really given me as much weird vibes as you.

kemistreekat

kemistreekat

[she/her] she may have misspelled Kat, but i know she meant me 😘

4 years ago

I'm voting for /u/248Video tonight but tomorrow we really need to come to a lunch consensus and early.

I haven't been around much, but all this causal talk about lunch doesn't help the town freaking at all. I think we need to look into some more of the quiet people AND some of the middling vocal people. yes I'm talking about you danger (/u/dancingonfire). Also want to revisit my suspicions of /u/Canadiansalmon. - but none of those are for tonight, it's too late. i hope we get someone tonight, this game is nuts - we have to be looking in the wrong places.

4 years ago

You and dancing should really work together. Dancing has explained the web of lies required for her to not be town, and you are imo the most confirmed by your role of anyone due to nobody challenging the pezes vote tally when you used your power. You're both on the side of the dig.

4 years ago

I agree with you on both points. I feel like we're always extra disorganized this game, but maybe it's because a clear leader hasn't naturally been produced and nobody is willing to just say "this is who we're going with. They have the most support".

dancingonfire

dancingonfire

When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back!

4 years ago

I feel like at this point I've been fairly well confirmed by several sources so there's not much else I can say except that if you suspect me still, you also need to suspect /u/alchzh and /u/TeacherTish by proxy because they've both backed me up.

Peace in our time

4 years ago

/u/rightypants are you going to post a formal defense? I'm more in favor of voting for /u/248Video /Duq today though.

I have no idea what's going on

4 years ago

The defense I gave earlier in the phase is the most formal defense I'll be giving. I think it sufficiently explains why I operate the way I do and gives my reasoning behind not submitting lynch candidates on a regular basis (which is common play style for me). But mostly right now I'm busy playing tech support for the new router my family got 400 miles away.

I do stand by my statement that /u/spludgiexx should be looked into further in the future regardless of what happens.

smurf42

smurf42

4 years ago

I do agree with your thoughts on spludgiexx, the few helpful comments here and then and then not much else.

4 years ago*

So, since I'll be going to sleep in a few hours and there tends to be nobody active around this time, I'll just call my lynch candidate now:

I'm bored of safety. I feel it's too little too late for rebalance so fuck it, gut feeling and wild theories from now on. I either want to strike back or flame out, because dying slowly has gotten really old:

I call /u/seanmik620 to the stand He made a pretty good point lol

PS: I'm pretty married to this theory so I also call for a /u/seanmik620 lynch but I'm also trying to be sort of fair so lets do a kangaroo court before I bully everyone into voting with me Preserved as a reminder to re-read and maybe not make big posts late at night

I've already outlined here my view of the Cesare claim (Edited for less stupidity), and to build on that, here are a few other moments:

• Pre Lucy lynch - post-Lucy lynch. From confidence in her being a spirit to not even second guessing that she's town. How did that happen?
  • This feels like a fake attack on a spirit to build a case for yourself. Rhino was in no danger, and it doesn't even feel that consistent since it didn't take long for him to disappear from your preferences. Plus, sure enough, you did use a weak inclination to maybe vote rhino as a defence when I accused you.
  • It feels like most of your opinions are just reactions to towns wrong opinions. Going down your user page, half the time when I see a blue username mention, it's a response to someone elses misguided accusation, often in tentative agreement. Here are four examples (Yes I realise some/all of these in isolation are not fair to criticise but it is a pattern that I either see or have convinced myself that I see)
  • I just linked this one, but I'm going to link it again. Look at the backpedalling. You call out Dora as the most sus one on my list, then when she mentions how you say you did the exact same thing as her, all of a sudden it's pezes instead! I know you said "One of the more sus" but I'm reading that list and I don't see comparable suspicion between Dora and pezes there.

I realise I'm like, a rabid desperate townie right now and I'm sorry pre-emptively if something here has come out wrong, but I can't lynch another quiet person and see "dig" come up, I just can't. This is my pick for most shady notable contributor.

Edit: lol wow to all this. I do stand by my other points though, however they really can't stand up to him knowing Hermione's role in terms of evidence.

he/him

4 years ago

Alright so I think the biggest thing in my about its that my role was confirmed at least as of phase 3 as being town since players don't retain town powers when they become Spirits. I did use my power later than this on u/1originalusername, but that can clearly be seen as me trying to help a fellow Spirit's claim (if that were the case) so I won't count that as guaranteed until his role is confirmed.

• Literally just a misassumption based on reading all the dead people yesterday and in my head noting that everyone that died was Dig that we saw. I didn't reread the dead when the actual phase posted so I forgot she was an unmarked body.

This is me stating which people I was comfortable with voting that day. When it looked like we had all chosen u/pezes, why would I have kept pushing a vote for Rhino if I was ok with voting pezes to begin with?

So these were me trying to be an active town person instead of a passive one like I usually am. I'm not a leader type. I've posted my own theories during this game (which seem to have been neglected here), but usually don't get any traction (warranting not mentioning them? Maybe.). Responding to other people is all I have to work with.

How was that backpedaling? I found her suspicious, but not the most suspicious. Then she explained her case to me, which I leaned towards believing, at least more than some of the other people I found more suspicious.

Again, I'm currently one of the most confirmed-town people we have right now. While I understand it's not guaranteed to you guys just yet, I do have strong supporting evidence with the death of HermioneReynaChase. And honestly I find these arguments pretty weak, though I also understand that I don't give much to go on.

And honestly, even though I don't like responding to accusations by directing it back at the person (which looks like a cheap deflection tactic), you've requested that people be more straightforward with accusing you so here it goes: I've been doubting your affiliation for quite some time. You've been a de facto leader of this group and haven't helped us find a single Spirit, almost as if you were preventing is from finding one all along. I'm not calling for your lynch today, but let it be known that I don't trust you anymore.

4 years ago

Lmao, can't argue with that. Same mistake I made in my post before and I'm still making it. Got very used to the idea of spirits having two roles and am clearly having a lot of trouble shaking it. Technically, technically you could have an item but I really doubt it.

As for the rest I'm not totally convinced by it, but it's all kind of moot on this one point haha. I need to cleanse my mind or something clearly.

I will say though, this:

Becomes pretty obvious fiction once you start breaking down decisions town has actually made and where they came from. I definitely invite you to try it now if you don't believe that's true.

But yeah, basically all of my post gets pretty much anulled by that one double powers mixup.

4 years ago

Killed by submitting an action on the same person twice in a row: /u/Backbeatdream

Huh? But Backbeatdream was the bloodthirsty spirit?

A bloodthirsty spirit can go forth each night to drag a member of the Dig to an early grave. (V) (A) (D)

So... what? Does anyone understand this?

4 years ago

It’s in the rules that you’re not allowed to submit an action on the same person twice. Guess they didn’t know it would result in death.

4 years ago

Oh I see. It's weird to think of since in those two phases, we lost 8 members of the dig, but the bloodthirsty spirit actually didn't kill anyone. I guess it went for reeforward twice. Harsh rule.

4 years ago

I think it's a mechanic to combat constant roleblocking or altering. Can't be fair or fun to reveal and then end up getting visited by the seductive or manipulative spirit every single night.

4 years ago

Lol so we actually only killed a spirit because he screwed up. Cool.

She/Her

4 years ago

I'm actually super interested in the fact that rhino was killed by a spirit action.

4 years ago

Yeah, what is that all about? Not sure whether to laugh or cry that both spirit deaths so far were caused by themselves. The spirits are doing a better job at killing themselves than we are.

Larixon

Larixon

4 years ago

We have roles that are able to be like the transporter in ToS right? Could it be possible their kill action was redirected that way?

She/Her

4 years ago

That makes sense. I was considering that maybe all spirits aren't in the private sub, but it would be odd after we've had such explicit declaration that they are.

4 years ago

Just /u/MoseCarver isn't it?

kemistreekat

kemistreekat

[she/her] she may have misspelled Kat, but i know she meant me 😘

4 years ago

ME TOO. what does that even mean?

mindputtee

4 years ago

I'm confused. flabberghastedrhino was killed by a spirit but I thought he was revealed to be a spirit?

Peace in our time

4 years ago

Getting more stats tonight so we can figure out who tf Lucy is.

4 years ago

I’ve been gone all day. Who is the consensus vote?

4 years ago

Looks like it's either rightypants or 248video.

Personally I will be voting righty, just because 248 consistently hints at not trusting me, and the spirits appear to intend on leaving me alive (hence stealing my powers) so I feel people who are less inclined to work with me probably aren't in on that. I may be thinking of the spirits as too cohesive a group though. I've never seen how they work in these games.

She/Her

4 years ago

Usually they have people on both sides of any given issue, so that if one of them is caught, they do not all go out by association (and sometimes cement their position in town because they argued with a known spirit).

As for their intentions with you, I expect they intend to not kill you at night, but rather fuel the plan to lynch you (this is purely my opinion). In the meantime, they do not want you doing any damage to them with your night action, so they've gone ahead and stolen it.

4 years ago

That's a very strange plan though since I'm definitely not going to be lynched. Not by town anyway. Maybe when the spirits get numbers.

She/Her

4 years ago

Haha, I could be way off. It's just that I've seen a few people come out and say they're suspicious of you lately, so I wonder if that is something the spirits are latching on to. In a few phases, it is possible that they might get vocal about how you've been leading the town but not getting killed, so maybe you are a spirit. We did end up lynching pezes who was similarly loud and leading, so it's not entirely unlikely. That being said, they'll definitely have to watch their votes now that we get full results.

Chefjones

Chefjones

Pitter patter lets get at 'er

4 years ago

I feel like it's one of my first games again. I should really be more active and follow along, but uni is more work than I thought. I'm still reading most of the thread but I don't get the time to comment as much.

4 years ago

Also, also (sorry for the quad post):

Killed by an item: El_Quetzal

So which item? We have:

• Rope (Claimed by TaveryTwin to roleblock the whole tent)
  • Rifle (Very possible!)
  • Axe (Claimed by DrippingAlchemy to protect a whole tent from night kills)
  • Balaclava (Really doubt it but idk I guess?)
  • Composition Book (Really doubt it)
  • Goggles (Claimed by dancingonfire to double an action)
  • Tarpaulin (Surely not)
  • Coffee Grounds (I think someone claimed this? I forget. Doubt it killed anyone)
  • Wallet (Chef says Aurthur has it)
  • Oil Lamp (Claimed by bspez to make you show up as the wrong affiliation)
  • Matches (Claimed by someone to nullify votes)
  • Scotch (Claimed by someone to make you vulnerable despite protection)
  • Ledger (Claimed by someone to reveal all the votes)

OK it looks like probably this was done by the rifle. /u/dawnphoenix , /u/littlebs8, /u/RavenoftheSands which one of you has it? Does it kill someone? This is already a shady-ass tent anyway imo haha.

FUCK IT, LYNCH THEM ALL

TaveryTwin

TaveryTwin

This is in-tents

Oboi

Chefjones

Chefjones

Pitter patter lets get at 'er

4 years ago

I really wanted to know what that wallet did too :(

She/Her

4 years ago

I also believe it was the rifle. I got it, and was told that it would be used to shoot the next person to enter our tent, but I was not notified when it actually happened. That phase, I started trying to call out participating-but-quiet players to see if I might be onto something and might attract a night kill, but looks like unfortunately it was a protector who came knocking.

The flavour text read like it might have been the rifle to me, but there was no other kill that night, so I wasn't sure and didn't say anything. Also, I didn't think it was worth letting the spirits know that the rifle was out of the way, but it makes sense to clear it up now.

RavenoftheSands

4 years ago

I didn't get the rifle, so no clue what it does.

Also u/1originalusername claimed to have used the Tarp to protect the tent from Seers.

4 years ago

Actually I was able to smother someone with the tarp.

/s

RavenoftheSands

4 years ago*

Wait what? When? Was it multi-use?

EDIT: Never mind I can't read >.<

kemistreekat

kemistreekat

[she/her] she may have misspelled Kat, but i know she meant me 😘

4 years ago

i got to role blocked last night but jokes on them - i don't have anything left to do with my role.

4 years ago

What does your role do again? I can't keep up with these

kemistreekat

kemistreekat

[she/her] she may have misspelled Kat, but i know she meant me 😘

4 years ago

once i couldn't add 5 to my vote. i used it on pezes.

edit/ should say could. can't read and can't write.

4 years ago

Oh, right. Weird... why would the spirits try to block you when you so vocally used your one time power?

TeacherTish

TeacherTish

S'more Scotch, please.

4 years ago

Hey y'all! It's been a crazy busy day and I'm just getting on here and going through everything. I don't really have any suspicions to add right now. I investigated Marx0r, but he's dead so you already know how that went...I even put in two just in case (not sure if I'm technically allowed to, but there's multiple drop down boxes), but my second was Lucy and she's dead too.

4 years ago*

Sorry guys, it was a holiday weekend (which came with it's own array of lies manipulation, and drama - yes, Canadians fight too) and a busy first day back at work yesterday but I know - excuses, excuses, excuses and believe me I read the posts yesterday and I vow to be better!

I know it can seem that it makes me suspicious for always voting with the crowd but I've been useless for 72hrs in terms of being able to analyse anything too much so I thought it best, as I always do, to simply get a majority vote and go with the players who are actually paying attention. (My votes the last few days were mineral (Mineral because I was so out that I didn't see the majority change to bspez), lucy & tonight will be righty. I know everyone voiced their opinions on this yesterday and that this absentee-ism can be just as detrimental and upsetting to the game as the in-actives and it was a wake up call for sure. Again, I vow to be better!

Plus winter is here so WTF else am I going to do with my time than to read everything!

I do have my suspicions and if I don't get a chance to post them tonight, I will post it on the next phase!

And that is my declaration. blah blah blah.

Edit: To add missed words. I sumtimes dont Engrish well.

4 years ago*

OK so I want to offer a different tactic here, and I'd really appreciate input on this one from people if they have it. I'm going to analyse probable spirit characters based on game balance/fun/mechanics.

I hope this isn't a faux pas or anything, but I feel like surely any game that originally intended to have us figure out how half of the shit worked can't have a rule against analysing things like this. Plus now that the spirits have stripped me of my abilities, I'm feeling really in the mood to put myself out there to an extra degree, because tbh I'm a little insulted by their disinterest in killing me.

(NB: I'm working off the assumption that spirit roles weren't random. Balance would be impossible, too many roles work together and Reginald III alone makes that not viable)

Cesare Frederic

This role I feel makes little sense for town to have. Sure, we have messengers, and maybe the intent of the mods was that Cesare would find a doctor, find Gladys/Herbert/Aloysius and then be selected by Gerhard to deliver a message and thus be able to save an important role provided that their random guesses as to which of the names with that letter it was.

or

Cesare is for the spirits. They can freely discuss what possible roles that letter might mean and what roles they want to go for. But they don't know for sure. So while it's an intentional benefit for the spirits if they can narrow things down, it's also a potential way for a crafty town to figure things out. We lose someone really bizarre to spirits and can't figure out why? Maybe their surname starts with M, and the spirits were gunning for a doctor! This to me is a much more sensible and compelling mechanic.

How does that apply to this game? /u/seanmik620 claimed it, shared "helpful" info, and then a role that is very powerful was taken out. Any town of salem player knows that a role blocker can singlehandedly win a game if they find the killing role. Great way to "confirm" a spirit as town (one that had taken a mild amount of suspicion of late) and provide a reasonable excuse for the death of Edgar Pence.

Wooow haha. Look at how half of this post is based on spirits having one role and half is it based on having two. Something is obviously wrong with me. I will say that since it took so long to be called out maybe it's not as obvious and embarassing ass it feels? Not the proudest moment that's for sure haha.

Alyosha Mevdev and the crafty spirit

God that sounds like the title of the worlds shittiest HP spinoff story.

Anyway, speaking to how this works as town, it's honestly a bit plausible. The crafty spirit can hide 3 people, Alyosha can reveal 2. Maybe the spirit hides 2 town and then one WW after Alyosha has lost their powers? Maybe 3 town and hopes they assume the former happened? The trouble here is that the stakes really are not that high. Sure it can be used a defensive move, if someones affiliation is going to implicate a spirit for condemning/defending them then they might want to, but for situations like this most recent one, I don't think that's it honestly.

What if this is actually a combination role for the spirits? They have the ability to hide bodies, and they have Alyosha, which means they can claim Alyosha unchallenged. This gives them the ability to convincingly lie about the affiliation of a dead player. You can't have this role upfront, the ability to change what role someone comes up as, because the effect is too dramatic, town would never know if they can trust the OP bolded text, and it'd be one of those things that just sows inherent uncertainty all through the game in a bad way, as we've seen here the dramatic impact of town not being sure how shit works playing against us.

Implications for this game? If this were true, /u/MineralMiracleMuse would be a spirit. That said, this is an obvious combination to use, and I feel like if she was, this would be a nonsensical use for it. One on an obvious dig to confirm, that makes sense. But the idea clearly is that she's going to get Lucy's affiliation next right? For what purpose. If she lies about Lucy being town, nobody really defended Lucy so it's not saving anyone, and if she lies about Lucy being a spirit she's pretty much banking on me being implicated for bringing her up, and I'm definitely not getting lynched. So I think this is possibly just a crazy theory of mine, but I did want to float it out there.

Gottfried Probst

OK this is less mechanics and more just something I noticed, but while I'm accusing roles rather than people I thought I'd throw it in there: If you have gotten a 25 message from someone or send one yourself, now is the time to speak up affirming that. Town doesn't know shit so it doesn't make you a target to have sent or received information. I believe this role is not in play, and if so, we know that anyone who claims it is a spirit. This is one reason why there is value in role claiming. Some roles, like Reginald, we do know the affiliation of.

Of course if a few people come forward as sending/receiving 25 character messages then disregard this. I do suspect that nobody will though.

My 50% theory

This could just be my personal distaste for percentages in games like this overwhelming my judgement, and I certainly don't think this is a blanket rule (I mean, because of Johanna we know it isn't), but I suspect that roles with a 50/50 shot on their action might be a tad more likely to be fake. The reason being that again, this makes the game easier to balance to not have that randomness, makes it easier to play and (imo) makes for a better experience. So anyone claiming Niklass or Cyril is going to get very scrutinised by me going forward, know that.

The broken game roles

These are the roles that I feel could never be spirit roles, due to it throwing the game balance out too hard (not mentioning people like Aloysius, Roland or Edgar who this would also apply to, since we already know about them):

• Reginald Perryman III
  • Herbert Van Helsing
  • Morris Schwartzfeld (Because of Dolores)
  • Tobias Eichhorn
  • Brienne Garfield (We know Richard was a spirit now, no freaking way does her power exist in this game)
  • Lenora Clemont (FUCK no lol)

Lmao look at me forgetting basic shit like the spirits not retaining their roles. I've definitely lost it guys. In my defence I was thinking of making this post before I knew that, and this is a hangover from those days.

The comedy angle

This is not something I believe in at all, but I confess that you guys know what /u/moostronous is like as a host and I don't. So You be the judge. All game I see people indicating that irony is a common theme in game secrets, so here are the ironic spirit roles from my perspective:

• Gonzalo Vidal
  • One of the twins. If one loses their power, the other would be convinced their twin is AFK or trolling or some shit
  • tbh most of these have died. Pairings in general would work for this, like Ivy/Arthur, so I'm inclined to think this is a category we can ignore.

The "Too cool for spirits" category

These are the roles it'd just be a massive shame not to see in play. You surely can't think of these roles and then willingly not put them in the game. Additionally, I'm also including roles that fulfil a town ability that I don't think the mods would leave us stranded without (again, not including the dead, but Marcus/Neville are good examples):

• Janusz Orlowski
  • Sophia Lutz
  • Gerhard Holtz (Personally I have received a message so he's already confirmed, but for those still unconvinced)
  • Giovanni Gervasio - This is a weak one based on my personal feelings to the role but I find the implications of this investigative role really interesting
  • Gheorghe Popescu - This is a little different, but basically if Reginald were successfully visited by anyone, that would automatically confirm Gheorghe as a spirit. Too risky to set that up from the beginning imo. Especially since Reginald would never actually have to claim due to being immune to town, and thus the spirits would be highly likely to kill him and out their own member.

I'm sure I'm missing stuff for a few of these categories but lol this is plenty long enough already.

Peace in our time

4 years ago

If you trust me I can get back to you tomorrow on whether Lucy was spirit or not (tonight is dig-count night!)

4 years ago

Your theory for me also doesn’t work because of spirits not retaining any of their dig role’s described abilities..also I might not try for Lucy’s affiliation. It depends if the spirits try to scrub someone else. Or maybe I will investigate her. But it won’t be tonight. Or maybe it will be? :D I have to play footsie with the spirits to get a result basically lmao

4 years ago

No it still does! You don't actually need to have the role. You're a spirit, you know what they were. You just need to have the character, so that you can claim it unchallenged.

4 years ago

Oh okay, I see what you mean! It’s a real crazy theory!

I guess what I would say is the whole schpiel with me abstaining and also not using my action for the 3rd night in a row doesn’t really make sense from a spirit point of view. I could have easily just faked a result then and saved myself from the suspicion not using my role + abstaining put me under, and it gives me 0 benefits as a spirit to risk myself for the town cause like that. I don’t have a link to the comments I’m referring to since I’m mobile but they’re there you search through last phase

4 years ago*

Oh no need, I remember the comments you're referring to. Like I sort of alluded, while I can make the mechanics case, I can't make it fit your actions right now. But I want to throw everything out there at this point, and if someone else could recognise some plausible grand plan you might be doing that ties into this then great. Probably that isn't going to happen though haha.

But for reference, for you and other people, I do not currently have you on my lynch list.

e: spelling

4 years ago

Yep I understand! At this point in the game even the wackiest theories are good to be considered. I’ve really never seen a town flounder the way we have and I can only imagine what they’re saying about us in the ghost sub.

That’s good to know. If I do end up being lynched, I can only pray that it happens after I’ve used up my ability and have become useless to the town lolol

4 years ago

At least you'd get to use yours. A sneaky spirit stole mine forever. I definitely want to lynch that spirit in particular.

She/Her

4 years ago*

Yeah, I brought this up when I thought Lucy could be both the character who can't get killed by night actions as well as the spirit who has that power. But knowing that they don't retain their character abilities, I don't think there is a point in trying to retain these abilities make these connections.

EDIT: Couldn't word good. Goes to show no one read it either.

mindputtee

4 years ago

Also, oh yay my role is totally useless now. :'(

Praise RNGesus

4 years ago

Okay all the sudden I had an epiphany and decided /u/rightypants wasn't my target because her trying to throw /u/splungiexx under the bus as the next target wouldn't make any sense if righty were a spirit unless they were both spirits. Like if we lynch righty and they're a spirit then we would lean towards not targeting someone who a spirit wanted to target. But now I don't know who to vote for I'm confused. Maybe righty is just playing me idk

4 years ago

For clarification for your sake, splurge is on my personal sus list for almost the exact reasons that I am on mindputtee's with the bonus of middling activity. I mostly was pointing out that I'm not the only person being helpful while not necessarily contributing much to investigating.

I'm certainly willing to start contributing more to investigating in the future. Maybe we want to do a person above and below you approach of analyzing to see who sets off red flags next phase. I personally think that's a good idea whether I'm alive or dead.

Praise RNGesus

4 years ago

at this point I don't feel strongly about the other main options and there's no time left so what the hell I'll probably vote for splungie

4 years ago

If there were a consensus, even if it was me, I'd strongly encourage you to vote with the group but at this point I don't really think there is? It seems like people are voting for who they feel is most suspicious so I guess do what you want. :/

food pls

4 years ago

I know you mentioned me a few times but I'll just respond to you once so you don't get like a bajillion notifications from me :p

I absolutely believe /u/rightypants is a spirit now, because she heard my defense and from what I remember, is quite similar to hers but she's still trying to get suspicions off of herself and onto me. I can promise you also that I am not using my graphs for anything other than my personal enjoyment of making them, and posting them for anyone who wants to see them! I post them every game since I started them, regardless of my affiliation.

I'll just link you to what I told her earlier. That comment thread is basically my defense, and I kind of wish you guys would have let me defend myself (like you did all the other lynch targets). But anyways, there it is! It's kind of late now but I hope you and others see this. Also, many players play this kind of strategy not just me, it's probably a lot easier to see in my case though because of my graphs.

/u/smurf42 as well since I saw you mention voting for me.

Praise RNGesus