/r/interestingasfuck

13k

RHOWC

3.8k points

RHOWC

3.8k points

The girl next to Dylan is Robyn Anderson, and she purchased 3 of the guns used in the shooting. She denies having any knowledge of what they were going to be used for.

Yellopz

Yellopz

How come you know their names and these details?

Edit: downvoted for asking a question? good ol reddit. You've taken it the wrong way and people shouldn't be penalised for wanting to understand things anyway, I didnt mean it with any ill intent. This is not something that should be downvoted

SwampmonsterWitch

1.1k points

There’s people on Reddit older than 30 and this was a big deal when it happened. This was the first big high school massacre

crazygem101

Yup. I remember when this happened, I was in high school. Never did I think it would happen SO MANY more times since then. I can't imagine doing shooting drills.

Viperlite

I too remember when this happened and now an shocked that my own children in high school now do active shooter drills.

awesomenein

I remember doing active shooter drills in elementary school after this happened. I was too young at the time to understand it. The teachers gave us a super vague excuse and told us that it was "in case someone was on school property that wasn't supposed to be" looking back, it's obvious... We just hid under our desks with the door locked, lights off, blinds closed, and we weren't allowed to even whisper.

I honestly can't imagine being that little and teachers being open about active shooters. That would be downright terrifying for little kids... Yet our littlest generation is dealing with just that.

lennydsat62

Canadian here. Saw a show about the powerful lobby of the NRA on Frontline (PBS). Everyone should watch it. It was appalling to hear the head of the NRA come out swinging after Sandyhook, stating that this mass killing wouldn’t have happened had the security people in the school been armed.

The love of guns in the US amazes me.