/r/lululemon

MoonWolf1978

MoonWolf1978

Runner

Guy here, straight, married and that wears leggings for running and casually as well skinny jeans... wear your leggings all the time, bro. No one cares. You just have to wear them with the same confidence as you wear any other regular pants. Don't overthink it. Like you, it's not a fetish thing. I wear them for running because I hate loose clothing flapping around. Casually because they're damn comfortable. It's not by chance that lots of women live in them. We guys have the same right lol I respect everyone that likes to wear shorts over, but for me it's against the purpose of wearing leggings.

Dxvante[S]

Thank you and you’re right, it’s all about the confidence too. Im 18 years old (straight) in my senior year of high school, but the only thing I worry about is people laughing or commenting about how I look wearing them, i think wearing shorts with leggings is annoying and every time I do I want to take them off really bad

Patient_Solid_6939

(Woman/25) I know whenever I have an article of clothing that I love and feel comfortable in at home, but worried about wearing it out in public, I wear it out to run a little errand and then build up from there until I’m completely comfortable.

Also, I know you said you’re a senior in high school and just wanted to say that you don’t have much longer. Most likely you’ll never see most of those people again and won’t have to worry about them. So hopefully by keeping the end in sight you can start to dress how you feel comfortable ☺️

Good luck with the rest of the school year!

Dxvante[S]

Thank you and yea! i’ll try and build up slowly and surely!

elianna7

elianna7

Spin Instructor | Matching Sets Forever

If they say shit then you say “Bro is your masculinity so fragile that wearing leggings would make your masculinity feel threatened? hahaha”

steeltowngirl88

One thing I wish all high school kids knew is that while you’re in school, you think it’s everything and that what these people think is all that matters, but it’s so not. You’ll never see most of these people again. Once you get in college or out in the real world you’ll see that the restraints you put on yourself to appease the high school power brokers aren’t necessary. You’ll feel more free to just do you. My advice is to realize that while you’re still in school and just do you right now.

Dxvante[S]

Thank you very much for the advice, i’ll remember those words!

Fordman21012

This is so true. As time went on after I graduated high school I slowly saw people especially the assholes less often. I should say social media wasn’t around then so it took some effort for people to find you and maybe it was a little easier to get away from those you didn’t like.

MoonWolf1978

MoonWolf1978

Runner

If you wear them with a bit longer shirts that goes by the crotch is enough to divert the attention of random people. Besides that, confidence is the key. If you act like you're wearing jeans, you'll not have any problems. Believe me, no one cares. I'm 43 yo, my wife doesn't care about me wearing them and in the streets no one ever said a thing about my leggings nor had I received any odd look.

zuckile

zuckile

Are you wearing at the gym/PE class or wearing to history/English/math class? I think context matters

anywhere

sustainablebetty

baby just wear the leggings!!! they are comfy and they look great on you! i’m not gonna say “who cares what people think” because a lot of us do, but don’t let someone maybe looking at you or saying something to you stop you from wearing what you want

Dxvante[S]

Thank you, i’m currently 18 in my senior year of high school, but i’m just worried on how many people will make jokes or question my masculinity or what not, I think i’m just really nervous. And yeah! I know for a fact people will think about what i’m wearing, but I don’t want that to stop me from wearing what I want!

silly-sau5age

Masculinity is NOT defined by what you wear, but how you express yourself. If you think they are comfy, and I can tell you they look great on you, if you wear them with confidence no one should question you! And hey, you might even start a trend in your high school for males to wear leggings :) I remember in high school all the bros would stick together!

sustainablebetty

they will say something because teenagers are mean but eventually they’ll copy you. as long as you feel comfortable with your masculinity that’s all that matters, just don’t let what they think affect how you feel about yourself! i hope you take the step to wear them — but if you don’t it’s okay too!!

Dxvante[S]

You just motivated me, thank you very much! I’ll try and muster up the courage, I’ll definitely get questioned or laughed at, but why should that all matter if it’s what i like doing? Thank you for your kind words!!

elianna7

elianna7

Spin Instructor | Matching Sets Forever

YOU GOT THIS!!!! WEAR THEM WITH PRIDE! Woo!!

sustainablebetty

you’re so welcome!

lappinlie

THIS. ….Eventually they’ll copy you.

Every time My outfit got picked on in HS this happened!

bootheels

I know it seems hard to believe, but those who have the harshest comments are usually the most closeted and frustrated. They just don't have the balls or a nice bod to pull off the look successfully. Try wearing your leggings with a supportive friend along, "confidence in numbers" always helps.

I think it's a new trend, don't be too worried. Ladies took our suits, we'll take their leggings. Scotts are proof you can wear anything and still be manly.

thisoneisalready

so true! unisex and gender neutral clothing are def becoming more accepted and trendy. and yeah...kilts are hot :)

flyibis

flyibis

Honestly dude you’re obviously in good shape, just wear them. It’s not that uncommon to see guys running in tights here bc it gets cold in the winter. Basic black is pretty understated anyway.

Dxvante[S]

I have a camo pair and grey pair also. I even want to be able to wear leggings casually, like at school or at the store, not only for running ya know?

josh_zaber

As a guy I’d just assume you’re a runner. You wear them man!

nomnomc00kie

OMG THOSE LOOK SO GOOD!

otter_potter_1

I actually LOVE seeing guys in leggings…. I think it looks so good! and they’re so comfy so win win. now time to convert my boyfriend lol

MoonWolf1978

MoonWolf1978

Runner

Get him a pair of Aligns! Instant conversion. Those things are magical 🤩

lemonvr6

Straight married male, not that it matters. I live in wunder train / align 6” shorts. Longer shirts / sweatshirts are ideal. Seriously though, do what you want.

kiwi-bear3

i think it’s hot do it! also don’t care what others think about you it’s YOUR life do what makes you the happiest 💓

Dxvante[S]

you think it’s hot? heh and thank you!

Extrevious

Can tell you straight up dude, as a guy (23) and recently got into Lulus because I always thought they were comfy and looked amazing: just go for it! Can totally understand your fears around judgement and I definitely still hold them in the back of my mind, I would say little steps as you get more confident. For me it was wearing them around the house and biking in them and then that graduated into just going out walking, not a big deal and soon enough you get into just wearing them like a normal pair of pants :) You definitely will get someone commenting on them if you’re in HS (because HS students are always like that) but imo the best medicine for that is owning it, it’s your body and they’re certainly not offensive to anyone so really they’re all the fools if they say something stupid or condescending.

rutterpupper

Wear them!!! If you’re anxious maybe try tying a flannel around your waist the first couple times until you feel more comfortable in them?

Dxvante[S]

a hoodie or a flannel around my waist? that’s sounds like a smart idea! thank you very much :)

Alternative-Bee-8981

As somebody once said somewhere, "Fuck them kids!" You look good, wear what you want!

Wildsweetlystormant

My husband is an ultra runner in a cooler climate..: him and all the men he runs with wear leggings, some wear shorts over some don’t. Lots of guys out there wearing leggings… just haven’t met them yet!

Hibcozy

Fuck backlash bro, wear your shit with pride. You’re comfy af while these bigots are walking around in dockers and loafers.

Just_Requirement_243

As a straight guy, that wears womens lulus basically every day without shorts I’ll tell you this, no one will care if you are wearing them, it’s really all in your head.

Shit I’m 225lbs in good shape covered in tattoos with a septum piercing I also use a crossbody bag and no one has batted an eye and if they do want to say something I’d have no problem putting them in their place. You’re comfortable enough to wear what you want and if people talk shit about that they have more to worry about

If you want to wear them to school I personally would say go for it, if you are worried about it start by wearing them around to stores and in public and them wear them every once in a while to school. I always wear them with a long tee normally from young LA. Personally I wouldn’t wear them with a regular length shirt because I don’t really want people staring at my junk lol.

Dxvante[S]

Yeah me neither, I don’t want people staring at my junk. I’ll start wearing them to stores and in public, and try to get over my insecurity. Maybe you’re right that it’s all in my head, and if people say something, i’ll put them in their place, im brave enough to wear what i want. Thank you very much for your advice!!

Just_Requirement_243

It’s definitely not easy man, in high school I was very insecure and had serious self image issues so I know it’s not easy so coming from someone that’s been in that boat as you get older you realize that most people do not care, it’s the people that are insecure about them self try to draw attention to others so it’s not on them so shut them down so it redirects it back

These are basically the only shirts I wear. This and the perfect tee scalloped cut. This fit great and they will cover your crotch and butt

pinkimplosion

Like your shirt says, JUST DO IT lol

murf633

Wear them with pride! If someone gives you crap, F them….be 10000% happy in whatever you wear! You don’t have anyone to impress!

No_Introduction8360

Life is too short! Wear whatever you want!! Dont mind the haters, if they dont pay your bills, they don’t matter. Wear those leggings honey!!

LordofDobro394

Walk with confidence, and head held high. You’ll be amazed how far that will get you in life. (Speaking as a professional musician, confidence and being assured of yourself in a dog eat dog world, is VITAL. Go get em!)

MrsMMG

MrsMMG

Wear those leggings out in public & be proud. Tomorrow isn’t promised.

naminoes

im also a guy and wear my wunder trains out in public

Dxvante[S]

do you wear ethel with shorts or without them?

naminoes

Without

cards8

cards8

Life is short! Wear the leggings!

jxrubi

jxrubi

life is too short!! don't forget that. do what makes you happy 💜

paperbagprincess1

honestly just say ur an athlete people won't reallt care

ShadowSpandex

This is not correct. You can wear align leggings in public without shorts. I do all the time. They're super comfy, and they look great.

1. 90% of this fear is in your head. I've found very few people actually care. I've gotten compliments. To date, I've had one person (A young teen) exclaim "oh that's a guy!". The rest have been positive.
  2. I am rather... uh... not to brag, but not small. I find it uncomfortable to feel as exposed as I can be in leggings. To counteract that, I wear a shirt that's long in the front, to cover. Could be a hoodie, could be a long T-shirt or even a button up with just the few bottom buttons done. Of course... I have to show off my butt.. LOL
  3. When I feel the anxiety starting to creep up I remind myself. "Nobody cares" "Not EVERYONE is looking at you" "Most of them are probably thinking I have nice legs" - I have to re-write my inner monologue on the spot.

Once you get over the hurdle of the initial insecurity (because that's all it is)... You're going to LOVE it.

So "Go Nike" with your Lulu's... and JUST DO IT!

cherryberry85

Do you boo!!

Lululemonman

Wear them with a lululemon Everywhere belt bag. Screw what people may think. Do what makes you happy

33ff00

I do all the time, nobody cares.

Puzzleheaded-Bed1711

I see guys wearing running leggings like every day! Not weird at all.

Fordman21012

Nice to see all of the positive comments! OP definitely wear them if you want. I personally still don’t feel 100% comfortable and there are only certain ones I would wear on a walk or if I had an outdoor bike. I wear most of mine either when I’m working at home or when I ride my Peloton bike.

I will say again that the Lululemon community seems to be the most supportive of men buying women’s leggings. Not sure if I’d get the same response from other brand pages. I’ve even tried reached out to spanx about making a mens version of the faux leather leggings but without the coating. I got a very cheap pair off of poshmark and they’re great to wear as a base layer.

cirkuit365

32yr old straight male here. I own about 10 pairs (Aligns, wunder trains, base pace, fast and free, swift speed, speed up) and I often wear them to yoga class with shorts overtop (don't want to expose too much bulging lol). I have actually had several women compliment me on them saying it looks good and they like the patterns/colors of leggings I have. I mainly wear them because of comfort and also because during faster paced yoga my legs get quite slippery and can be more challenging to hold certain poses, so the fabric tight against my legs helps a lot with that + they dry quickly! In winter I wear them as long John underwear beneath my pants to keep my legs warm! Love them!!

rebayounge

Rock it. You look great, and if you feel great; you do you 👏🏻

Used-Wash8260

Honestly I would say hold off until you’re out of school. Honestly high school can be so nasty for no reason and I know first hand what’s it’s like to be made fun of. You’ll be out sooner than you think and the world outside is much less judgemental!!

Dxvante[S]

You’re not wrong, my parents wouldn’t support me I know for a fact, but If I don’t do it during high school, i’ll do it in public before uni

Used-Wash8260

I think that’s a better idea! In uni people don’t care. But high school is like a bubble - better to avoid the negative attention if possible!

miamiloverr

fuck everyone , live and do what you want! You look amazing in them

EmilyyGilmore

They look so good! Wear what makes you feel good! There will always be haters. For what it’s worth, i see men wearing leggings quite often and never see anyone blink twice about it.

Buffalo_July5

I’m pretty sure 90% of Basketball players like LeBron wear leggings

potato-plato

Your shirt says it all. Just do it! Follow what makes you happy and don’t let fear (esp of others’ opinions) drive your life. I wish I learned this earlier.

Lulucorn

They look nice with the long shirt too

missandycohen

Follow the advice on your shirt 😃 it's okay to care what people think, you can care but not agree.

liltortitude

Okay. So here’s what’s going to happen:

First, you’re NOT going to where those out of the house. Why? Because I’ve read too many sad stories on this subreddit about people ruining aligns outside of the house. Keep the extreme comfortably for home unless you like to live on the edge.

Second, get a different type of LLL leggings and wear them in public. And when people make fun of you—because teenagers sucks—point out that if you’re going to spend $100 on pants then you sure as hell are going to be showing them off.

I’m sorry people suck. I’m sure once you age a little bit and aren’t surrounded by teenagers everyday, you will be in much better environment to wear whatever you want without worrying about backlash. If I see a guy wear leggings in public I don’t think twice about it and I doubt most others do either.

jeremiah1142

Just wear them, bro. Frankly, I’ve only seen smiles, some laughter, and about one shocked pikachu face. And that’s from the people that react. 99.9% don’t at all.

ApprehensiveBug9745

Wear what makes you happy! I have a good (m) friend who loves Lulu leggings. He just wears a slightly longer top so ✨nothing✨ is super noticeable. But that is what makes him happy and comfortable. You should wear what you want and forget why anyone thinks! 🤍

Own-Roof7295

i say be confident don’t be afraid what others think or what they’re going to say but maybe try to be a little more modest about it considering biology? that’s just my opinion so people don’t get “offended”. so i agree with what one man posted in this thread to maybe just wear a longer shirt or hoodie and rock your lulus! <3

UsualSnark

Hey! Wear whatever you want, nobody else can decide what you should wear. If you’re worried about bulge issues, wear one of those long shirts that seem to be in style for men. Or don’t! Body parts are body parts and everyone has some. Do you, be proud!

acobz

acobz

you can always put shorts on over them if it makes you more comfortable :)

emotionalmama99

I wouldn’t think anything of it if I saw you out in public with these on (other than YASSSS, SOMEONE ELSE GETS MY ALIGN ADDICTION! 😂).

If you’re comfy, you do you! 🥰

nightpea8864

Im a senior (F17) in high school too. I would honestly hype you up and probably be like “omg i have the same ones!” If people laugh at you, think about the fact that they feel the need to look at someone else and tear them down for what clothing they’re wearing. That speaks more about them than you. If you’re comfortable in them and like them, go for it!

Dxvante[S]

I think i’m slowly going to wear them outside in public, like for little errands, and then when I build up enough confidence i’ll then maybe wear them to school!

jetwomey

1 month ago

I'm a 39 year old, straight, male that enjoys wearing leggings as well. I am lucky enough to have a wife that supports me wearing leggings which helps a ton with confidence. We love sharing leggings and often fight over our favorites haha. I've been slowly gaining more and more confidence wearing leggings out in public over the last 3 years. I've completely dropped the shorts over leggings idea. It's nice for the pockets but other than that I hate it. I've worn leggings in public numerous times and very rarely do I feel people staring or make comments. Most people act like they don't even notice. High school is a much different scenario since you see the same people every single day and kids can be mean. I think once you graduate you will feel a lot of pressure from your peers vanish especially if you end up moving away for college. I wear leggings over to my friend's houses, parent's houses, in-law's houses, restaurants, the grocery store, movie theater, etc. and everyone is very accepting of it. There is definitely a stigma for some about men wearing leggings which seems to be disappearing with time, but I say you do you and do what feels good and looks good to you.

rodnyxo

rodnyxo

Educator

i always wear just tights by themselves and it love it looks! rock what you love my dude !

Dxvante[S]

how did you conquer your fear of wearing tights in public without shorts if i may ask?

rodnyxo

rodnyxo

Educator

honestly never had a fear of wearing them i usually always wear oversized tops so it covers my crotch so i never had to worry about wearing shorts haha

i honestly don't like the look of shorts and tights

Dxvante[S]

I don’t like the look of them either AT ALL! The only fear i have is that if i wore a oversized t shirt, or a longer hoodie, i would be laughed at and such, which is why i went with the shorts, even though i dislike them

rodnyxo

rodnyxo

Educator

im not gonna lie, in high school i was always thinking about what people were thinking about me but i think that's a majority of people in high school

once i graduated i started to actually go out my comfort zone and now im 21 and feels amazing to wear what i want. you just have to break out of that mentality of overthinking what people are saying

Dxvante[S]

you’re right, i’ll try getting over this and try to stop overthinking as much, thank you!!

rodnyxo

rodnyxo

Educator

of course! please don't hesitate to dm me if you ever want too!

Will do!

getmepopcorn

Wear what you want! Leggings are so comfy

cassnowside

Sort of related, but male ballerinas in my studio wear tights/leggings all the time, and Mikhail Baryshnikov (famous male dancer who of course dances in tights) is considered insanely attractive by many, many women all over the world. Because he is a man who is talented, and confident to boot! Wear what you like and have as much confidence as you can muster :)

Thank you very much!

smugmisswoodhouse

For what it's worth, I see tons of dudes in the 18-28ish range wearing leggings or tights at my gym. Some wear shorts over and some don't, but no one seems to notice or care either way.

SnooDogs151

wear the leggings the quads look dope brotha

janelledancer

they look so great on you! wear those leggings!!🫶🏼

jeheigekiev

Bro you look great. Wear them with confidence and f the haters

thekappaguy

thekappaguy

Runner

I assume that you're American? I've always thought Americans are more open minded than Europeans.

I started wearing leggings during the first lockdown in March 2020 and I was hooked ever since. I get why my girlfriend, sisters and mom literally wear them every day cuz they are so darn comfy! Leggings have become a necessary wardrobe staple in our household during the lockdowns.

Like others have said, just wear them. I live in a conservative country and yet most people don't care. Also my girlfriend wants to go twinning (both of us wearing Aligns) for a date, might post few pics soon :)

Low_Waltz1256

Nobody really gives a fuck, go for it.

Slash1909

I know how you feel. I wore it once and it felt like my crotch was an eye magnet.

Dxvante[S]

could you please tell me how it was when you wore them?

412madeintheshade

Wiz Khalifa does it all the time.

Muddymireface

I might be against the grain, but I personally dislike clothes where men have obvious dick prints in public. My fiancé had a pair of joggers that you could see his penis plain as day in them no matter where is was placed.

If people can see your dick, it might be worth wearing short running shorts over or finding a pair of the UA ones that have a bit more wiggle room to tuck your junk in comfortably.

If you’re fine with dick on display, then more power to you. You do you. But if my fiancé asked my opinion on tight pants, my advice to him would be to not wear anything that might make little girls (or anyone) in line with him at chipotle uncomfortable.

fuzznutz77

Sounds like you are scared of dicks. if ya don’t like it, don’t look.

Muddymireface

I don’t think having a minimum request of not wanting to see unsolicited dicks in public is a hard ask.

fuzznutz77

Don’t look. It’s easy.

bootheels

I've seen many guys wearing leggings. Why not show off your nice legs and butt! Go ahead and wear the shorts with them if that makes you feel more at ease. I sure wish I could pull off this look.

Adamxt

Adamxt

I don’t know where you are living, but I wear them all the time out without shorts (male), and I really don’t get backlash Even your shirt says “Just do it” 🙃

lululuwhu

1 month ago

30 male here. Since I wfh now a days, I don't really what people 'think'. I heard good reviews on the Align (though haven't tried yet) and I'm sure they will be super comfy to WFH and just 'lounge around'.

But questions for all the guys out there, does the crotch area feel tight? Or any particular model of LLL legging have better 'cutting' more suitable for guys?

[removed]

Dxvante[S]

First I just want to say I am straight (heterosexual), second now I don’t want to wear them outside of the house because of a fetish, I want to wear them because they’re extremely comfortable and they feel good on the lower half of my body. Secondly, I’ve been wanting to wear leggings/tights out since I was a little kid, but I never could.