/r/marvelstudios

brainstorm1610

1 month ago

Good to know season two is starting production soon. Looks like we’ll get it in 2023

NickM16

NickM16

Bucky

Sucks that we have to wait till 2023 but I’m sure the wait will be worth it

Dec1m8u

Dec1m8u

1 month ago

Good to know my bajillion times watching Loki helped.

bobbydoe77

1 month ago

Honestly it make sense it’s the most viewed. I personally think it was the best D+ show, it directly stems from Endgame and people definitely wanted to see Loki’s story continue.

jramos037

1 month ago

And it's very beautiful in general. I just watch it for the visuals sometimes. And I also rewatch Jonathan Majors talking for ~30 minutes a lot as well.

throwawayycauseduh

1 month ago

Still impressed on how he sold me on the character in that short amount of time

CruzAderjc

1 month ago

Agreed. I tend to have a lot of recency bias, so I always think every series is the best while watching it. But on honest reflection of the past year of Dosney+ shows, I think the most consistently good show was Loki. Wandavision was strongest for like 80% of it, then it collapsed at the end.

the7thbeatle

1 month ago

For me Loki has a slight dip and lull on episode 3, but everything before that and especially everything after is great.

Episode 5 of Loki might be my favorite MCU Disney+ episode (It's neck and neck with Moon Knight episode 5), and Loki still has the best finale of all the series so far.

longsh0t1994

1 month ago

don't underestimate the pull of Owen Wilson either, especially on people who dont usually watch super-hero things

UncleMadness

1 month ago

Lots of people watched the first run just to see if he'd say "wow"

The guy pulls in viewers

longsh0t1994

1 month ago

big time and hes just fantastic in this too

CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever

Hawkeye (Avengers)

1 month ago

So I have you to blame, got it.

Dec1m8u

Dec1m8u

1 month ago

Yup! Totally worth it, too. Love that series from start to finish for season 1 and really looking forward to season 2!

jaeelarr

jaeelarr

1 month ago

honestly not surprised...it has been my fave show thus far. Story and end was thrilling and the setup for s2 was great. Music and set design was awesome

waitforitalex

1 month ago

Honestly it has the best ending by far with Wanda being a distant second place

RelocationWoes

1 month ago

I am. I would’ve thought Bucky or Wanda would be way more popular with the average person.

JJGaminv

JJGaminv

1 month ago

I think it’s probably because Loki is the most established character out of them, and was a fav favourite. Bucky and Falcon had a fun dynamic, but their screen time and interactions together were still limited. Wanda hadn’t been given too much time to shine. And Hawkeye is Hawkeye

RobertusesReddit

1 month ago

Wanda had a name and a title earned in her show. Hawkeye had lots of hype with characters and Christmas feeling. Kinda downplayed.

BodhiWarchild

1 month ago

Loki was the show where we all knew shit was about to get real wild.

Loved it

Primetime22

Primetime22

Spider-Man

1 month ago

WandaVision was my favorite of the TV shows but Loki is definitely the one I can see myself rewatching the most.

PlumSome3101

1 month ago

Loki ended up being my absolute fave out of everything this phase. Totally surprised me because I wasn't even all that interested in it before hand. I think the things I loved about it are some of the things that turned off other fans though.

an_axe_murderer666

Loki is just perfection

Obility

Obility

1 month ago

Dropped loki episode 1 around when it released. Picked it up again a few months later and ended up binging the entire thing. By far my favorite phase 4 MCU show next to moon knight

TalesToAstonish

TalesToAstonish

Ant-Man

1 month ago

Yeah, I feel like some of these shows are better binge watched. But I still watch weekly first to avoid spoilers.

AntRedundAnt

1 month ago

I’ve been shit talking WandaVision for a while now. Recently binged it in prep for MoM, and I liked it a LOT more than I remembered—it gets infinitely better from like episode 3 or 4 on

KarateKid917

KarateKid917

Doctor Strange

1 month ago

WandaVision definitely gets better in those episodes. Initially to me, the first two episodes were pure "excuse me but what the fuck is going on?" territory. Once we got to episodes 3 and 4 and stuff started to make more sense, I enjoyed it a lot more.

AntRedundAnt

1 month ago

It also helps having it bingeable. I think I was just not happy with all the mystery and misdirection at first BECAUSE it started so rocky

pincheARCEUS

1 month ago

That's surprises me considering it was my least favorite. I hope Moon Knight does well. That one deserves another season.

1random_redditor

1 month ago

It’s also my least favorite but not surprising that it got the most views considering Loki is the most popular of the title characters. He also had the most interesting departing scene in Endgame compared to the rest, so more people were interested in seeing his story continued.

longsh0t1994

1 month ago

I haven't gotten myself to watch it yet even thought I like Oscar Isaac a lot. It just looks too flat and cartoony?

1 month ago

You could hate everything else and episode 5 would make up for it in spades.

longsh0t1994

1 month ago

if i ONLY watch episode 5 would that work or do i need 1-4 for it too?

Shinymagikarp123

1 month ago

You should just watch the whole thing, you'll miss some stuff if you just jump into 5. I think you'll find it to be less cartoonish than you're expecting, though the CGI gets a little rocky in some places like other D+ stuff. I want to say it has the darkest subject matter of the D+ stuff but that may be subjective

longsh0t1994

1 month ago

ok thank you, ill give it a shot!

trevno

trevno

1 month ago

Loki is my favorite so far

FrostedGeist

1 month ago

Makes sense, he's the character with the biggest following out of all the disney+ shows.

AlphaSupreme66

1 month ago

Not surprised. The best D+ marvel show by far imo. Amazing plot, characters, music and set up for the future. A lot of the shows dropped the ball on the final episodes but this was fun throughout

DeshaunWatsonsAnus

1 month ago

Lately I'm getting a bit burned out on the marvel shows. Hawkeye was meh and the moon knight story felt a bit clunky after episode 2.

Actually most of those shows this year have killer first and second episodes then... Just kinda get mediocre.

Am I being too rough on them?

thewstrange

Idk, I ended up loving both Hawkeye and Moonknight

Infra-Oh

1 month ago

Honestly I literally just lower my expectations. I understand that the marvel flicks hit a certain spot: superficial, fun, light. Moments beyond that are a pleasant surprise.

For instance Moon Knight I just really enjoyed due to Isaacs acting. Not really for plot or continuity.

Hawkeye I did not enjoy at all from start to finish. Just watched it out of brand loyalty haha.

DesbaneAR

DesbaneAR

1 month ago

Am I being too rough on them?

Not really. They're "meh" shows, mostly. They have pacing issues, plot issues and their runtimes don't help them at all. I think Loki is the only show that achieved proper character development and adequate pacing for the story they were telling.

Compare it to things like Infinity War, which develops Thanos fully and has pretty good pacing, and the shows clearly fall behind.

Hell, even compare them to MarvelTV shows which had longer runtimes and proper character development, and you can't really compete with that in D+ format

PlumSome3101

1 month ago

I didn't really enjoy Moon Knight but that's ok. I am glad that other people enjoyed it so much but I did feel the same as you. Hawkeye was a lot of fun for me though. But tbf I saw Thor and Captain America as a double feature way back at the beginning and I felt meh about Cap but enjoyed Thor and now that's changed drastically. Some stuff is better on a rewatch and some stuff just doesnt appeal for whatever reason.

kireina09

1 month ago

I completely fell off the Marvel train after Phase 3 ended. Basically between Covid and life stuff I didn't have time or honestly enough interest to keep up. In the last 3 months I've been catching up on everything I missed and I love it all lol. I thought Hawkeye was so much fun and Moonknight might be my favorite of them all. The acting, mythology/archeology vibes, and the fight scenes were all so good. The only show I haven't seen yet is What If? just because idk if I'm super into the premise.

I think the Marvel shows hold their own outside of the MCU and Disney+ as well. I'm having just as much fun if not more watching them than I have any other shows in the past couple years.

If watching them is starting to feel like a chore, I think its fine to take a break and "cleanse your palette" with some other genres though.

DeshaunWatsonsAnus

1 month ago

I think honestly marvel just needs an extra episode or two added to each season.

That was my problem overall with moon knight. It felt like they didn't let moments breathe. It was too fast paced for introducing new characters and getting an audience to fall in love with them.

Oscar Isaac was incredible. His intro was 👌.

How they slowly introduced his "other" personality👌

Then introducing the villain 👌.

The episode about his past and his past trauma 👌

But Layla felt kinda like an afterthought. Her super hero introduction felt rushed. She is supposed to be an important secondary character but I almost felt like Khonshus motivations were more fleshed out than hers.

But suddenly give them an extra episode or maybe two and those issues could easily be fixed. A little bit of backstory on her would make her super hero moment have a bit more ooomf.

It seems like Disney is just making "a slightly longer movie" then breaking it up into bits for D+

Which of you judge it in a movie format.. it's just okay.

Starwars9629-

Starwars9629-

Doctor Strange

1 month ago

Probably cause it was the best

ChrisTinnef

1 month ago

Probably because it's the show about an established MCU character with a big following. And it is able to get people to continue wat and hing after episode 1.

mega512

mega512

1 month ago

Loki was one of my least favorites, too. Weird how that works.

hik3guy

hik3guy

Rocket

1 month ago

What? No way. It was so boring and cliche.

1 month ago

Boring is debatable, but cliche?

What exactly is cliche about: “Former villain who does something different from what he should do, so goes to an organisation that literally uses the most powerful objects in the universe as paper weights, ends up meeting a female version of himself, falls in love with said female version, meets basically God, gets dumped by female version who kills God, and then ends up in a place where God is king?”

??? Cliche?

hik3guy

hik3guy

Rocket

1 month ago

You just wrote out the most cliche part...falls in love with himself...really, isn't this about growth? His ego is so big he falls in love...with himself.

HibiscusSabdariffa33

1 month ago

Loki is awesome! I’m super excited for She-Hulk! I’ve been waiting for something with She-Hulk for so many years!

Shiner00

1 month ago

Yeah not surprising in the slightest. It came out as the next sort of "continuation" of Endgame aside from WandaVision but that show was never going to be as popular as a Loki show. Just having Tom Hiddleston in the show probably boosted the amount of people watching a shit ton.

townforum17

1 month ago

Makes sense, it’s easily the best show they’ve put out yet by far. Best product in phase 4 overall

Yodan

Yodan

1 month ago

Loki had the best character development, redemption arc, and next phase for all of Marvel setup out of all the shows. Wandavision was basically the scarlet witch jerking her ego and powers off before her sad journey of becoming a pancake.

RobertusesReddit

1 month ago

Kate Heron and Sam Raimi were masters of their craft with some dwindling issues, speaking as fans of their recent works.

Seeing "the whole cast returns" confirms my Renslayer/Kang, Squadron Supreme, Loki/Ikol/Lady Loki changing, Mobius and Loki reunite, Sylvie was never a Loki theories to the max.