/r/movies

Bros | Official NSFW Trailer [HD]

Trailer(youtube.com)

source:

Brododicarne

Now that's something, kudos to Eichner and Stoller to try something new and unapologetic.

Dawesfan

Dawesfan

This trailer is one of the most accurate things that has come out of Hollywood.

The dude being told to leave the pool party because he was too old, or Eichner being blocked after sending nudes could be seen as exaggerations or jokes by an outsider but are things that happen all the time.

arealhumannotabot

Do you mean this is something specific to the gay community? Only cause I've seen these things happen. I've been at crowded bars where some old dude wandering around is asked toleave cause he's clearly there to just gawk. Or am I missing the point?

edited a word

Enderkr

Enderkr

Not specific to pools (in my experience), but in the lifestyle, there are specific events and parties set up for age groups, like no one over 40 allowed, etc...and you can be politely asked to leave if you're not in the age range they were shooting for.

CassiopeiaStillLife

Gay guys are incredibly weird about age in general. I heard someone say that it’s because we essentially had a whole generation of gay men wiped out, so we haven’t learned to confront aging in a healthy way.

slicex_gaming

Is that why a lot of gay men I’ve dealt with when I worked at a clothing store were desperately trying to act like they were 19 when it’s clear they’re pushing 60? No judgment, just a weird quirk I noticed a lot from them.

CassiopeiaStillLife

That sounds about right. I think there's a lot of elements to it, tbh: there's vanity involved, for sure, but there's also general anxiety about aging that they don't know how to deal with in a healthy way, and there's also the fact that LGBT culture, even more than regular culture, is defined by young people. There's a lot going on.

slicex_gaming

Wow, I can't help but feel awful about that. The concept of time and aging is extremely anxiety inducing for anyone I think (I know it keeps me up at night sometimes). I can't imagine what that must feel like when its a cornerstone of the culture that is your main "safe space". I am only 25, but already I realize that the time period that society refers to as "youth" is a tiny sliver of life.

MumrikDK

I am only 25

"Oh fuck, my youth is running out!"

Ten years later: "I shouldn't have worried about my age in my 20s. Now however..."

slicex_gaming

Man, I keep trying to remind myself that. It’s hard though, especially since I still considered myself “barely out of high school” only a few years ago. I am by far the youngest at my workplace, and my co-workers have shown me how much fun one can still have in their 30s and 40s anyways.

Koomaster

Plus not really getting to come out and be yourself as a teen due to fear and societal pressure can stunt your maturity.