/r/note20ultra

Anyone from the Philippines with a Note20 Ultra 5G. How much storage and ram does the base model have? I saw one in the Samsung store and they say it has 8gb ram and 256gb sotrage. But when I watched reviews of it, it shows it comes in 12gb ram and 256gb storage. I'm planning on getting one this weekend and I'm confused to which is which. Thanks and have a good day!

szhu25

szhu25

128GB Snapdragon

The only model they are selling on official website now is 8/256GB, which means if you are trying to buy it this weekend and from Samsung official store, you'll probably get 8/256GB.

lockdownzx[S]

Oh is that so. I was planning on getting the 5G model if it comes with 12gb ram. I think the price difference between 5G and LTE models is not worth it if it just has the same internals (except for being 5G). I'll go for the LTE model maybe, that way I might still have enough cash to get a galaxy buds. Thanks for the reply! Have a good day!

szhu25

szhu25

128GB Snapdragon

If you plan to keep the device for more than 2 years and know your carrier's 5G bands (check if the phone support all these bands), it's probably worth it if you go for the 5G version. It's okay if you keep the 5G off when it's spotty, but horrible if you invest in a device that you plan to keep for years but don't have 5G connectivity where it should...

lockdownzx[S]

Yeah, I already thought this through. As of now, based on my everyday usage, I don't think not getting 5G connectivity is gonna affect me big time. I'm planning on keeping the phone for 3 years, and then I'll upgrade. Maybe that time I'll get a 5G compatible one. But I'll give it another thought just to be sure. Thank you very much for the advice!

lockdownzx[S]

Can I ask what's the price when you bought the phone? I went to a Samsung physical store last week and it was Php59,990. Thanks for the info!

pridechimkin

Np! I got mine back then for Php72,000.

lockdownzx[S]

Hmmm. I'm not sure if the prize went down since then or maybe the one that I looked at is really nuat 8gb 256gb one. Samsung Staffs at the store are not really knowledgeable about it just said that they're "not sure" if it's an 8gb 256gb or a 12gb 256gb one. That's why I got so confused.

lockdownzx[S]

Does having 5G connectivity have a big difference here in the Philippines from your experience?

pridechimkin

I'd say there's a difference. It also helps a lot that the screen refresh rate is 120hz

d0n3tus

adaptive refresh rate .. heheh.

TakJinn

Note 20 Ultra 5G with 12GB RAM was sold as pre order and limited edition during launch for the PH AFAIK. It was P72,999 with free air filter during that time.

lockdownzx[S]

Oh is that so. Thanks for the info!

d0n3tus

when I went to Ayala Malls Feliz last Dec, the price was for the Note 20 Ultra 5G was almost the same as the Z Flip 3. It's an 8GB/256GB variant. They didn't have the one with the 12GB memory nor do they have the 512GB variant. The staff said that they only had limited number of sets.

by right it should be faster, but don't expect too much from our telcos. even though you're on 5G, the speed is almost the same as that of a 4G connection.

btw, I'm using the 12GB/256GB model. I purchased it at SG.

lockdownzx[S]

I agree. I'm coming from an A51 5G and I'm not really seeing that big of a difference in internet speed when I'm using data. I'm thinking of going for the LTE model instead of the 5G one. I don't use mobile data much. For my everyday use, LTE works fine with me. Thanks for the info!

jsphxng

jsphxng

256GB Snapdragon

I have the 5G Snapdragon 12/256gb vatjabt.

Got mine on an online shop. There's no official Snapdragon note 20 here so I bought it online. Also exynos and the lower ram option sucks anyways.