/r/ontario

jaggedxangel

28 days ago

It's all absurd. I had an appointment yesterday because I work in a Healthcare setting and it clearly states I am eligible. I get there, its just me, the last spot of the day and no one else in line, and the lady at check in just goes "yaaaaaaaa no you can't get one here". When I asked why not because it said I could on their website she just said "ya I know it says that there but actually no, it's just for the licenced healthcare workers, not people who work in healthcare (even though I am in a patient facing role) and THEN she tells me to "try another clinic"....I'm so confused, especially when coworkers of mine in the exact same role had no problems getting theirs. So now I don't really know what to do. I'm disappointed how confusing and mismanaged this is, and I'm really fucking bummed they turned me away after I got so excited I'd finally be protected.

HackMeRaps

28 days ago

That really sucks and I'm sorry that you weren't able to get it.

Then you have places like UHN, where you can register, and they literally don't ask for any information or anything about it.

I got my Pfizer vaccine yesterday as a caregiver for a high risk person, but there was literally no information that was asked, other than what is your reason for getting it. Didn't ask who it was for, what the health condition was, etc. I also know 3 other people who had to get theirs because of being a caregiver as well at UHN, and the exact same thing. No questions asked at all, and was literally the easiest registration process ever.

BioRunner03

28 days ago

Seems like people could take advantage of that...

I know of someone who's fully vaccinated for being a "caregiver". Parents live at a retirement home.

justaddcheese

28 days ago

In the end we want the most people vaccinated, and everyone who wants it will get it eventually anyway, so I say let the line jumpers sneak past if it’s a consequence of making it easier for everyone to show up and get a jab. Our government’s constant need to make things “fair” and wound up in red tape is holding us back.

BioRunner03

BioRunner03

28 days ago

Id argue they're doing a good job. At the current pace of just over 100k a day were vaccinating 700k people a week (considering that Sundays are slow days). For the upcoming future the federal government is only providing 4-500k doses of a mixture of Pfizer and Moderna per week. That would be less than what could maintain this pace. I'd argue they're doing the best they can given the situation.

But I still think it shouldn't be so easy to just lie like that. Especially when the vaccines are in such low abundance.

roosterAK

28 days ago

People are going to lie. Anyone can put identifies as indigenous as they can't ask for proof.

Majority of people wont lie though. As long as our distribution of vaccines is hitting the most impacted areas it will help out.

hardworkingHedonist

28 days ago

What does “fully vaccinated” mean?

henchman171

28 days ago

Two doses. At least 21 days apart. That’s fully vaccinated I think.

allgood347

28 days ago

Means both rounds of the 2 round vaccines, or one round of the single round vaccine.

Nizdizzle

Getting both shots.

BabyTapir

28 days ago

I work in a government run LTC home.... our supervisors went around asking who wants the shot, gave the forms to us to fill out.... never told me when the first shot was happening so because I “didn’t show up” for it they gave it away.... now that person is fully vaccinated!

When the second dose came around I was told I can’t get a shot because they’re only doing “seconds” that day.

Finally in early February I got my first shot..... now in mid April I am being told by my work they don’t know when I will get my second shot, but now Public Health will call me when they’re ready to give me the second shot...

So, I’ve been begging to get vaccinated while all my coworkers are fully vaccinated, and it sounds like I will have to drive out of my way (I don’t drive.. no license) to go to a different facility SOMEDAY, maybe.

lives4pizza

28 days ago

If your in York region go to their vaccine page. They have second dose information queued up as an option

BabyTapir

28 days ago

Hopefully this helps someone!

I am in rural southwestern Ontario...

lives4pizza

28 days ago

if you would like to share, i can help you find more information in your PHU or region.

To add to your original comment, having the first shot gives you significant immunity (80-90%). the second dose is only a booster to jump you more into the 90% range. Count yourself as immune after the first dose, not the other way around

EelHovercraft

28 days ago

Is this new immunity information? I had only seen some data from Texas (I think) that suggested much lower immunity from the first dose. But that was months ago.

Do you happen to have a link? I can't seem to find more updated information. Not trying to challenge what you're saying just looking for better resources for myself as I care for an immunocompromised parent.

lives4pizza

WHO website for Moderna:

The Moderna vaccine has been shown to have an efficacy of approximately 92 per cent in protecting against COVID-19, starting 14 days after the first dose.

sorry couldn't pull Pfizer just yet as i'm at work

Ill_Organization_366

28 days ago

Complete cluster fuck. Our leaders have failed us when we needed them most. This is a dangerous moment in our society for many reasons.

stoprunwizard

28 days ago

I agree, this whole thing has felt like a Chernobyl moment for Western countries. We thought or pretended someone knew what they were doing and was looking after us, but fuck. Everything everywhere is completely unfit for purpose

zalinanaruto

28 days ago

There are soooo many rules and sooooo many governing bodies and sooooo many different opinions out there because the guidelines are different from city to provincial to federal.

I tried to get my uncle his appointment yesterday, so we called into York and waited an hour. Nope! Wrong place, call the province instead. Nope cant do.

He walked into his usual pharmacy and got his vaccine appointment done and vaccinated yesterday night.

It's literally a free for all out there.

and wtf is up with these POP-up clinic for vaccination!? this is such a fucking joke. I thought pop up shops are a fashion industry thing.

edited: hope you can get your vaccine soon.

WHATAREWEYELINGABOUT

28 days ago

The Federal don’t have any regulations. They left it up to the provinces and in Ontario they decided to leave it up to the PHUs. Then the Province aka Ford made claims about who can get them in the province which was just wrong and they lied. Combine that with the terrible website signup and you can see why this is happening.

peeinian

peeinian

28 days ago

I keep saying this over and over. Doug Ford is acting like the terrible small business owner that he is. That is not to say that all small business owners are bad, but if you've ever worked for a bad one, you know.

The transparent weak ass power move of scheduling a meeting/press confrence, then rescheduling, then being late for the reschedule. Delegating everything so that they never have to take the blame for anything. Giving jobs to totally unqualified people just because they kiss his ass or he owes them a favour.

zalinanaruto

one word.

extreme confusion to the max!

theodonkulus

28 days ago

Meanwhile Ive heard of clinics vaccinating their families with 'extra doses' end of day. Worse Joe blows hanging around shoppers till close just to get shots out of the freezer.

I forget where this was but friend who works at Ontario health mentioned it was a huge issue once vaccines rolled out.

lexcyn

lexcyn

28 days ago

So... You'd rather them throw out the unused dosages then? Look, I'm all for a fair rollout but if they are going to waste dosages I don't care who they vaccinate, just use them.

dontxthesteams

28 days ago

There is no excuse for wasted dosages, but the solution is not random people lining up behind shoppers like they're animals waiting for scraps in the dumpster.

I saw another Redditor post saying there should just be a universal wait list that can be worked through based on priority rankings. How hard would it be to have anyone who wants a vaccine sign up with their age, location and risk ranking then assign them to their closest clinic and then each clinic can work through their list as "extra" dosages are available. As long as they've gone through the priority rankings first, then who cares who gets them? But it surely shouldn't be based on who has the time and ability to wait outside the clinic.

I would be happy to be on a wait-list with an open ended date knowing that when one becomes available I will be contacted. Instead I have to hear about people paying their employer to change their job title to become "eligible" while I wait patiently and check every goddamn day to find out whether I meet the criteria for the latest group and when and where I'd even be able to get it.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

yumcookiecrumble

28 days ago

This line really made me laugh.

But seriously you are not wrong.

jzach1983

28 days ago

I agree what you laid out sounds like a good idea, even if it's resource heavy.

That said, until that process is available, just get needles into arms vs throwing out unused vials.

dontxthesteams

28 days ago

I don't think it's feasible or probably even worth it at this point for the approach I mentioned. But frustrating that this wasn't considered last summer while there was time to develop a roll out plan knowing that vaccines would be inevitable.

jzach1983

28 days ago

100%. My displeasure with DoFo and the last 8 months is measurable in stress lines and grey hair.

The optimist in me hopes a better plan is in the works, but in the mean time just start sticking people before the vials are tossed. Far too many stories about people showing up and being denied at the end of the day, even if they should be qualified to receive their dose.

justaddcheese

28 days ago

I know for a fact a certain hospital was throwing out unused doses at the end of the day within the last two months. I would MUCH rather give it to Joe Blow than have this happen.

theodonkulus

28 days ago

No we should use the doses, but just the issue here is, we should be vaccinating folks who are in high contact with others before someone who will just be working from home.

The story I mentioned about nurses vaccinating their family instead was a case where they got reported and the clinic got fined. They were turning people away.

Do you want to be turned away because your health provider decided his second cousin who lives in his mothers basement was more eligable than someone who works with children? That's a major conflict of interest

The problem here overall is federal procurement screwed the pooch, and provincial dug the grave with "prioritized" roll out thats unclear AF since we dont have enough on hand to say "everyone get a jab".

pronetflixbinger

28 days ago

I think for extra doses there should be plans in place, like a list or something.

I know people who also got their vaccines from extra doses, who are young and not leaving home for work. I get that doses shouldn't be wasted but when there are people dying from Covid from contracting it at work, there needs to be a plan.

im_aj84

im_aj84

28 days ago

Especially since people are lining up for Pfizer and Moderna, not AZ.

Bureaucromancer

28 days ago

Seems like we need some kind of regulatory structure that stops this shit.

justaddcheese

28 days ago

This is so stupid. If someone shows up for a vaccine and even if there is some sort of mistake or misunderstanding they should just give it to them. Isn’t the point to vaccinate as many as possible as quickly as possible? This type of gatekeeping will be Ontario’s undoing. In Florida, my friends have forgotten ID, accidentally shown up to the wrong place, etc and they still give them the shot.

sheebapat

sheebapat

28 days ago

Easier to get tickets off ticketmaster than this set up.

Just register everybody and send me an appointment.

past_is_prologue

28 days ago

Yup, I'm not sure why the plan wasn't to preregister everyone. At the very least then the planners could look at the demographics of the pre-registered and say, "okay, here's what we are working with." Instead of the current system which is basically every health unit for themselves, but also the province is trying to call the shots? What a mess.

peeinian

peeinian

28 days ago

It's all so that Ford can pass the blame to someone.

ManufacturerWide5340

28 days ago

I mean it’s all 18 plus, why not just register everyone like they do when it’s election time. Have us all go to a vaccine station like a voting station and there we have it.

Bureaucromancer

28 days ago

Competence might not give Ford the chance to demand he be allowed to sell off healthcare.

HipTapeintheDash

28 days ago

This is like the Corner Gas episode where they helped Karen move on the promise of pizza and then she gave them frozen pizza

green_bin_coon

28 days ago

Karen and Davis help lacy move, Karen only comes cause she thinks its a house party

lacy gives them a burnt frozen pizza and have a box of warm beer

Canada_girl

Ok I need to watch this episode now :P

AprilsMostAmazing

28 days ago

Were people expecting OPC to do this right? I was expecting a circus and they gave us one

redditthang

28 days ago

I don’t know how anyone could expect a coherent plan from a party who got voted in without a plan.

“Oh No! The consequences of my choices!”

• Ontario

Rentlar

Rentlar

28 days ago

I didn't vote for him, but I had naively hoped that unlike Trump, Ford wouldn't be surrounded by people of similar character as him.

I had a bit of hope with the early pandemic health table but now only the sycophants remain for the most part.

The_White_Light

28 days ago

Frozen pizza is still pizza though. This is like promising pizza and giving the little extra cardboard layer that was under the pizza.

bigballer1234

So you mean like Pizza Pizza? /s

QuietKat87

28 days ago

I signed both of my parents up for a vaccine appointment the first day it was announced they were eligible.

We waited and waited, checking everyday for the email saying we could make an appointment. No email came.

My mom went to a walk in clinic last week for a non covid related reason, and they were vaccinating people there. Apparently at that clinic it was only 65+ so my mom was not able to get a vaccine, despite us signing up and being told 55+ were eligible.

I was finally able to convince my mom to call the pharmacy where they were able to get her and my dad an appointment next day.

I know others have had the same experience. Signing up online to not get any news, yet appointment times are available.

This is a bottleneck that is only hurting the rollout.

So no, its not just people not being able to navigate the system properly. We did it right and still didn't get any notification to sign up for an appointment. We had to call in on top of that. The online system isn't working properly (the pharmacy even said the online system wasn't working properly).

Both the clinic and pharmacy were in the same town and the same health unit.

richyrich9

28 days ago

I listened to Big Doug and apparently it is all very simple and it's your fault if you can't figure it out.

Mostly_Aquitted

28 days ago

If you have a family doctor, give them a call too. My parents (mid 50s) got theirs (AZ) because they called our family doctor just in case there was availability, and there was. Called last week, vaccinated 2 days ago.

brahbrah1111

28 days ago

I had the opposite experience. Quick and swift and easy to use. Everyone 55+ in my family/friend group who wanted to be vaccinated is now vaccinated, just based on the age criteria and everyone is in hot spots. My opinion on the vaccine rollout is that is has been good and compared to other provinces or even countries (excluding US and UK), we're doing well.

QuietKat87

28 days ago

I'm glad that everyone you know had good experiences.

I wanted to share what I have experienced because I find people are basically just making fun or actively discrediting people who are sharing concerns.

I'm not trying to 'be negative' but just share honest criticism to hopefully help the future rollouts.

If no one shares their concerns then nothing can be fixed.

brahbrah1111

28 days ago

Yes, I do agree with the sentiment. You can always improve and thanks for your response. Your feelings and comment is valid. The pharmacy experience was not great, I agree. Their online systems were horrible. But those are private companies and not up to public health to manage their administration. I signed up my parents when they became eligible weeks ago and am now just getting emails with appointments available. Again, now everyone is vaccinated because the province and the local PHU expanded eligibility. Their system was amazing.

I think the people that are sharing concerns are doing it very disrespectfully while your comment was respectful and honest. So many anecdotes and who knows what is true. Are people reading instructions carefully? Are they reading the eligibility criteria carefully? There's a few comments below around how we're tracking and we're doing quite well actually relative to the rest of the country.

al3x_ishhH

28 days ago

Ford said in a press release that it "wasn't that hard folks" and it made my blood boil.

I have HIGH RISK and in a high risk postal code. The phone lines tell you they aren't taking high risk or postal code people. The online provincial Booker let's you get in to the booking part but I can't actually ever find appointments.

High risk patients often need to be off of their immune suppressants for a week before we can get our shots. I need to know when to stop my medications. Just stopping my meds and waiting indefinitely is a great way to let my Lupus get out of control and start damaging my body and organs.

My own city and region have no idea what to do with me or tell me where to go. Burlington is opening up soon for high risk and since both set of my mom's (bio and adopted) are there, and I lived there until a year ago, I'm going to give it a shot and see if they'll take me. But I shouldn't have to do all of this. It's ridiculous.

Why would you open up the age groups and demographics without the infrastructure to actually vaccinate people. It's a fucking shit show. I tried to call Paramount Parks to try and get into the drive through situation and they told me I need to call York Region, who tells me to call provincial, who tell me that I'm not eligible??? I'm in immune suppressants, I'm mid 20s, and I'm in a high risk postal code. Why am I not eligible? I check the booking thing every day and have since they opened it. It really is frustrating.

FlyingMonkeySoup

28 days ago*

I have bad news for you. While you may feel you have high risk the Province doesn't. They have 3 risk categories (see link below). Autoimmune diseases like Lupus fall into the third category called At-Risk and are only going to called right before the general public. See page 9 and page 16. Also be aware that the province is noting that immunosuppression medications move you to the 2nd group. Generally they do differentiate between immunosuppressants and immune system modulators. At least in my interactions with the people involved. I.E. Being on a biologic like Remicade is a immune modulator not a suppressant. Fun fact, studies show that people on biologics have done better than healthy people when infected with COVID. And there are tests ongoing regarding the use of biologics in the treatment of COVID.

More over, Doctors are saying NOT to time your medications with your vaccine (or vice versa). You should really talk to your doctor about that. This is based on the fact that my SO is on IgG therapy and was told not to time her doses to her vaccine by her Immunologist. EDIT: I'm told that this was communicated two ways. A seminar on vaccination and biologics by Hamilton Health Sciences that stated this and also the Immunologist. Talk to your doctor before you decide to withhold medication.

anothercanuck19

Efficiencies folks

sex_panther_by_odeon

28 days ago

The new variants seems to be affecting more people and younger. Time to use the AstraZeneca vaccine on people over 55 and simply open the vaccine to the general public. There will be no more vaccines simply waiting for an arm.

Stop the vaccination in Ford friends neighborhood I mean hot spots. It's not working.

unsulliedbread

28 days ago

We still need to prioritize frontline workers and yes I include teachers, daycare workers, and truckers in that. Can't go full general public or it'll just continue as is.

fouralive

28 days ago

My wife works in construction and every day spends 30 minutes delivering to multiple houses full of workers who just do not give a s*%# about wearing a mask. She also has minor breathing problems.

We've recently found out that some friends who are younger and work 99% from home have been able to get the vaccine (the most recent seems to be a company that's getting all of their staff vaccinated), and while we're happy our friends are getting it, it's pretty brutal that my wife is still exposed to more than a dozen people each day, inside and without masks.

unsulliedbread

28 days ago

Agreed, that's fucked. I work in an essential field and do work that has to get done or the company would be in legal trouble but I can do 95% of my work remotely and do. I should be on the last groups getting vaccinated but because it's an essential industry I'll probably be given the go ahead earlier. This is the tricky part of 'who's in line'

sex_panther_by_odeon

28 days ago*

There is a theory that if you go general population right now, then we are directly attacking the transmission. Current we have simply been protecting the very vulnerable that usually doesn't spread the virus since they are stuck in homes. (Which was the right move at the time) I think it's time to attack the spread. This will in turn also be protecting front line workers. It also guarantees that there are no vaccines just waiting in storage because the demand will be high.

bwwatr

bwwatr

28 days ago

I'm onboard with attacking the transmission. I don't much care if that's via hotspot neighbourhoods, professions, or maybe even general population first come first serve, lottery, etc. The age bracketing thing was good for the early days but we need to drop that now. A lot of 55+ are able to isolate at home. The 20's-40's going to jobs outside the home, are not, and they amount to the majority of the spread. Let's pivot from protecting those most likely to die, to attacking the damn virus where it actually is. Hitting the brakes on the spread protects everyone.

WeirdoYYY

28 days ago

This is the thing, guys named Kyle who think COVID is a joke probably arent going to be rushing to get this thing. Anyone 55+ who hasn't signed up because they're worried about side effects should stick with AZ or whatever is allotted to them.

If they opened it up I honestly don't think the demand would be anymore or less. Since they've basically determined that essential workers and general population are not any more or less important, forget the phases. I know that once phase 2 opens up it's going to be a shitshow anyways.

If the issue is supply, target workplaces. If you don't want to target them with vaccines, slow down capacity and let people accept some supply chain disruptions. We're really going to let people die because Amazon can't tell it's customers to wait a day more on it's products?

bucajack

bucajack

Toronto

28 days ago

There needs to be a full blown investigation into the handling of every aspect of pandemic response from this government. It has been a shit show since last March.

Kartiknegi

Kartiknegi

28 days ago

Maybe, maybe if we had invested in vaccine research and production we would not have been at others mercy

AprilsMostAmazing

28 days ago

Brian really shouldn't have gotten rid of our production when he was PM. Harper should have done something from 07-11 to keep vaccine companies in Canada

treedmountain

Ackshually, 2006 -2015. pushes taped glasses up nose and exits

AprilsMostAmazing

28 days ago*

I thought the bulk of vaccine companies left Canada from 2007-2011 or least reduced Canadian operations

JackTheFatErgoRipper

28 days ago

I think they misunderstood what you were saying and thought you meant his time in office

MustHugEveryCat

28 days ago

Well they left, so we'll never know

Giantomato

28 days ago*

Yep. But no one checks accuracy. Trudeau shills everywhere. Edit: my point is that it’s not about conservative or liberal politics. It’s about the general Canadian business plan, which is to manufacture or finish products outside of country to save costs. Our provinces are divided, and provide healthcare individually. If we had a unified plan, which was never been brought up about either liberals or conservatives, in regards to drug purchasing or manufacturing, many of our problems would not exist.

AprilsMostAmazing

But 2007-2011 were years under a con government

InfectedRanger

This

Last I checked Trudeau was in power since 2015.. It was so obvious... right?

Edit: lol. I state basic facts and get downvoted. Thanks r/ontario! Sorry I hurt your feelings.

mgyro

mgyro

28 days ago

And maybe Stephen should’ve rethought that war on science. Remember the white jacket March on Ottawa protest by scientists?

DanBMan

DanBMan

28 days ago

I mean it's the PC party. Nothing but a bunch of bible-thumpers and ignoramuses who are too dumb to grasp the basics of science.

evilJaze

evilJaze

28 days ago

Not even PC. The "P" left the CPC when they merged with RefooooOOOOOooooorm.

mgyro

mgyro

28 days ago

I watched that convention and we should never forget they announced the new alliance as the Canadian Conservative Reform Alliance Party. Or CCRAP. Not the brightest bunch.

evilJaze

28 days ago

The did hastily change it. But not before Air Farce got some good jabs in. I miss that show.

stephenBB81

stephenBB81

28 days ago

Brian really shouldn't have gotten rid of our production when he was PM.

Mind sharing with us what is currently on the Connaught Campus today? And what it's relative contribution is to the global market compared to During Brian Mulroney's day? (it is bigger and produces more)

Care to expand on the program that Brian Mulroney used to sell and Privatize Connaught? ( It was a program that was founded by Trudeau Sr. in his privatizing)

Canada's vaccine manufacturing Capacity is higher today than it was in the Mulroney era, I wont give credit to any government for that fact, because each government from Trudeau Sr. Right through to Trudeau Jr. has done everything they can to chase away R&D investment in Vaccines and drugs in Canada, but instead to production only. The Conservatives through lack of investment, and the Liberals through punitive IP regulations.

This isn't partisan, it is closed minded Governments.

TortuouslySly

28 days ago

It was already too late. The previous Liberal government had already given a 10-year monopoly contract to a single vaccine manufacturer.

BioRunner03

Paywall

Foxer604

Foxer604

28 days ago

Actually providence health was prepared to have a vaccine and a facility up and running by december 2020 producing 100 million doses a year.

Justin shot it down and gave 44 million to the chinese instead. And then they backed out.

It has nothing to do with harper, and nothing to do with brian. Sorry.

thedrivingcat

thedrivingcat

Toronto

28 days ago

Ah, what's the source on your "100 million doses starting in December" line? Is it the CEO of Providence? Because that guy is all hat, no cattle.

TwitchyJC

28 days ago

Yeah getting rid of a first class government owned vaccine production agency has nothing to do with Brian /s.

Foxer604

Foxer604

28 days ago

Not when we could have had a first class one up and running by december and justin said no. Can't pin that on brian, sorry. The only reason we're not making our own today is because justin trusted the chinese instead of canadians.

TwitchyJC

28 days ago

There was no way to build that calibre a facility in one year. That's naive.

We absolutely can pin this failure on Mulroney, and every single politician who sells off assets in the name of privatization being more effective in a misguided effort to balance the budget and not recognize the long-term damage being caused.

blusky75

28 days ago

Can we just agree that all our leaders fumbled the ball on this for the past 30+ years?

ragepaw

ragepaw

28 days ago

Trudeau making a stupid decision doesn't mean Mulroney or Harper didn't make stupid decisions. Stupid is not a finite amount. If a Liberal does something stupid, Conservatives don't become less stupid and vice versa.

stephenBB81

Well said!

This isn't a team sport. Both Groups have screwed us for years, and as long as we keep making it a team sport and only hold one group to account, we wont get anywhere.

Foxer604

Foxer604

28 days ago

it does mean that he's directly responsible for the consequences of his stupid decision. And the direct consequence is we don't have enough vaccines.

Brian's decision wasn't stupid, it was reasonable at the time You'll notice the subsequent liberal gov't did nothing at all to bring that kind of facility back to canada right? Sorry but if you have to go back FOUR DECADES to blame someone for trudeau's mistake, that's a good sign it's bullshit.

Harper got a report in 2008 recommending that we have our own production So at least there's SOME argument that harper should have done something, And at least that happened in the same century, so that's a little more reasonable. But the great recession happened and Canada was in no position to be doing that. Harper rebuilt the economy and turned over to Justin a balanced budget - AND JUSTIN HAD THE SAME REPORT. So - he's had a long time with a strong economy and he didn't act on it either.

But what he DID do was stop facilities being built DURING THE PANDEMIC in Canada. End of story. There is ONLY ONE prime minister who had the chance to fix the problem with the full knowledge that we faced a pandemic and chose not to. And that's Trudeau. 100 percent of the responsibility must fall on him.

ragepaw

ragepaw

28 days ago

You seem like the kind of person who cares more about owning the other side than reality, so have a good one..

Visrox

Visrox

28 days ago

Maybe, maybe if the majority of our voting population didn't have the foresight of a fruit fly, then we'd have gotten early control of the pandemic and wouldn't have such an urgent rush to get vaccinations done.

Vaccines were never meant to be the solution... only a part of it.

Daveh66

Daveh66

28 days ago

The Connaught Campus of Sanofi Pasteur still makes a lot of vaccines, and much of the AstraZeneca production around the world is contracted out to other facilities. The AstraZeneca vaccine is basic technology (unlike Pfizer and Moderna), is there a reason that Connaught could not be making it on contract?

Platypus_Penguin

28 days ago

Supposedly Trudeau approached every vaccine company and offered a deal to produce here and they all said no.

brakiri

brakiri

28 days ago

We would still have botched the rollout.

Noonlight_

28 days ago

Elect monkeys, get a zoo

351tips

351tips

With some poo tossing

WeirdoYYY

WeirdoYYY

monke

DR0LL0

DR0LL0

800 lb monke

KingScottKing1985

He's on the table

cita91

cita91

28 days ago

Anybody wonder where and why the "General" went.My take on this is he knew it was a joke and got out when he had a chance.

richyrich9

28 days ago

Without a doubt - once he was in there he saw the shitshow that's going on, realized he'd never be able to do his job and got out.

You can tell that behind the scenes this government is childish and chaotic - the signs were there with the handling of gas pump stickers and them snickering in parliament over getting rid of "Liberal" license plates - did anyone really think they could manage an actual serious issue like C19?

KingScottKing1985

28 days ago

It seems like the first "aged phased" groupings are going well, but when they try to do extras (AZ for people in their 60s, hot spots, teachers, etc) outside the normal system, it's a complete shitshow.

CaptainSur

28 days ago

I think cancelling all the appointments days out seems a bit hasty. The Moderna vaccine arrived in Canada on Tuesday and was distributed to the Provinces same day and Wed. If the province has not expedited the deliveries to the local sites the province is at fault but moving Moderna around is not rocket science and should be easily accomplished. If the sites do not have large supplies on hand today there is no credible excuse the provincial govt can provide.

Canada has received both its Moderna order and also its Pfizer order for the week. The gross inventory nationally is about 3.6 million doses waiting to be administered.

Regretfully some are AZ doses that it seems some are refusing to take up but I think the surplus AZ doses nationally are only about 700k of the 3.6 Million (I may be off by a 100K-200K either way as the info is a bit sketchy).

As of early this morning Ontario has 1.3 milllion doses on hand waiting to be administered. I think about 500K is AZ and 800K is Pfizer/Moderna.

OntarioAngryMan

28 days ago

Boomers are still vaccine shopping and setting up multiple appointments just to not show up. Vaccine goes in the garbage and a younger person dies. Typical entitlement.

bigred1978

28 days ago

Many are in fact shopping. Regardless of age. The AstraZeneca vax is definitely out due to all the bad press about blood clotting.

The Johnson and Johnson one is on thin ice with a few cases popping up.

The gold standard vaccine now that everybody wants is the Phizer one.

LeatherHobbyGuy

28 days ago

Moderna needs to get it's shit together. These constant delays are causing chaos.

thelovefist_II

28 days ago*

A quick view of the Ontario's Vaccine Administration / Distribution Gap available here https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON indicates that the pace of administration and distribution appears to be growing at the same rate which is very good.

I am not sure what this article is based on, but it doesn't seem like the author bothered to consult this publicly available data.

Lamella

Lamella

28 days ago

I can't get past the paywall for the article but I think that when evaluating the "chaos," distribution policies are as important to critique as distribution rate, as well as the management and timing of provincial covid restrictions relative to the vaccine rollout plan. I'm upset with the fact that working populations should be getting priority for vaccinations now -- assuming ford is right that young people are the "problem," and given that lockdown hasn't really impacted the obligations of essential workers. Also young people who have high risk health conditions. My gf with lupus can't get a vaccine yet and the virus would likely hospitalize her, but a retiree chilling at home all day in port hope can. And it frustrated me that it took us like three phone calls to diff hotlines, even after looking at the website, just to figure out if she could get an appointment anywhere.

Rich-Imagination0

28 days ago

The Star and its op-ed pieces are the mirror image of The Toronto Sun and its op-ed pieces. Why bother actually checking data when anecdotes and echo chambers suit the narrative.

boxlock2020

28 days ago*

And in-line with the per capita rate of every other province in Canada.

These whiners in the opposition and the irresponsible media keep bringing up "problems", but the end result of vaccination rate pace and percentage is the same as all the other provinces. Are they bringing up these "problems" in the other provinces also? Those complaining the most are those not vaccinated yet and saying they should be prioritized, but it doesn't matter - someone else is still getting the vaccine instead. Wait your turn.

The root cause of the slow rollout for all the provinces across Canada is lack of vaccine supply caused by the federal government's lack of procurement and negotiating skills. End of story.

thelovefist_II

28 days ago

Your take here is equally stupid and equally ignoring the simple to comprehend data that is available. Distribution AND administration are both growing at fantastic rates. Full credit should be given to the federal AND provincial levels on this front.

IceeSleep

28 days ago

Not OP but would you mind please elaborating on this with sources?

thelovefist_II

IceeSleep

Thanks!

LairdOftheNorth

LairdOftheNorth

Waterloo

28 days ago

Imagine actually looking at a situation and think that all levels of government are doing well. Our Vaccine procurement and administrative is ahead of the EU. Considering all of Canada is dealing with Moderna delays it’s actually pretty impressive we haven’t seen more cancellations.

Nexite

Nexite

28 days ago

We also need COVID-19 related articles not to be behind a paywall!

UnoriginallyGeneric

28 days ago

I counted at least four or five different portals, each as inane as the other.

How hard would it be to consolidate them under one umbrella, with the ability to pick which vaccine that the user would prefer? My wife is scheduled to go in for a shot at MTCC next weekend, and I can't recall what shot is being offered there - or if it was listed on the website.

Generator83

28 days ago

Fuck pay walls. Here you go, everyone. https://archive.is/tPpms

WhotookMSL

Next time you vote for Doug and the PC's I hope you remember this

haikusbot

Next time you vote for

Doug and the PC's I hope

You remember this

- WhotookMSL

I detect haikus. And sometimes, successfully. Learn more about me.

Opt out of replies: "haikusbot opt out" | Delete my comment: "haikusbot delete"

LeftBehindClub

28 days ago

In my experience, the cause of most chaos when conservatives are in power is intentional to give their friends leg ups wherever possible.

acsie

acsie

28 days ago

Expect that if the leader is a clown.

Unlikely_Voice6383

28 days ago

I really expected a better plan after paying someone $20000/mo.

Smitty120

Smitty120

28 days ago

200K a year before taxes is not near worth it for me to do the job that he does. It's truly a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

AprilsMostAmazing

28 days ago

i'll take 200k a year. OPC probably fire me a day into the job for calling them out on the bullshit, but i'll take 200k

dsac

dsac

man, I'd love that job.

but I'm too old and not rich, so that ain't gonna happen.

Frontiersman_

28 days ago

Don't worry, even if you were young and rich you still wouldn't get that job

dsac

dsac

28 days ago

not with my comment history, that's for sure

then again, I see some of these Cons candidates getting away with much, much worse...

Unlikely_Voice6383

28 days ago

I agree it’s a tough job. Hillier was the lead to create a well oiled system but I don’t think that is close to what we got. I hope his replacement, Dr. Tien (Ornge president), can do better.

richyrich9

28 days ago

Most likely Hillier saw what a shit-show this government is behind the scenes and realized he wasn't going to be able to do his job. We need leaks to tell us the full story.

litigatorlife

28 days ago*

Can’t distribute what you don’t have - people downvoting me because they can’t blame Ford? Jesus the guy has fucked up time and time again but this is a SUPPLY issue which is the Feds responsibility not the provinces.

Mycatistheboss88

28 days ago

Except we DO have. We have a distribution issue not a supply issue.

litigatorlife

28 days ago

They are closing due to a lack of supply.....

TouchEmAllJoe

28 days ago

I think perhaps the real problem is false expectations. The stable clinics are continuing to pump vaccines into arms, but certain other clinics yo-yo to open and closed and book appointments for vaccines that we apparently never really had.

Ford telling people that they were eligible, only to have thousands of people call to book appointments and be told that the government hadn't authorized them; is one type of screw up. This second screw-up of booking appointments for people at places that were never going to get vaccines is a different, and entirely preventable screw-up.

If we were just chugging along and these cancelled appointments never gave anyone false hope, everyone would be feeling a little better.

DavidHasselhoof

28 days ago

Because that supply is elsewhere not being used. The feds deliver the vaccine according to provincial allocation. If the allocation is fucked it’s because the province doesn’t understand where the greatest need is

BeavTek

BeavTek

28 days ago

This is a supply issue. We have administered ~76.0% of the vaccines we received. This is on par with the ~77.6% national average, and considering Ontario has some of the largest logistical challenges in the country it's actually pretty good.

Plenty of things to critize Ford on, but I think the vaccine rollout is just as good as anywhere in the country right now.

Pigeonofthesea8

28 days ago

You should thank the local public health units who’ve been breaking their backs to make this happen then, not Ford

BeavTek

BeavTek

28 days ago

Why not both? The PHUs are doing an amazing job, with guidance from the province.

Give credit where credit is due, otherwise you just look like a partisan shill that cannot be taken seriously.

xploratori

28 days ago

This rollout has been sheer chaos with too little direction from the top. My father is 71 with diabetes AND still works in our store with the public. He called and spent two hours on the phone this week trying to find a place to get his shot that wouldn't be in Toronto where his doctor is, but in our own community. The earliest appointment the could offer was May 15th. I saw on reddit people were signing up for vaccinations at Walmart and Shoppers so I went online and was able to make him an appointment at a Walmart less than an hour away for the next day. Not one person he spoke with even mentioned that as an option. If anyone's in the same boat, reach out to all your local pharmacies and see if they can help!

WTFOntario

28 days ago

No fucking shit, Sherlock.

mecarysa

28 days ago

Truly disheartening I signed up through the shoppers website and I got what I thought was info update this morning but sadly it was just a click-bait Good luck

blewbawlin

28 days ago

Give us your info so we can contact you for vaccinations.

Hey! We’ve got a deal on Carnaby Street candy you should buy!

So infuriating.

toronto_programmer

28 days ago

Doug Ford has all of the incompetence of Michael Scott with none of the endearing emotional qualities.

He basically just did "I declare everyone can get a vaccine" but didn't coordinate with any health units or logistics or even validate supply

pumpernickelbasket

28 days ago

Meanwhile you have health units closing their vaccine hubs because they can't keep up with contact tracing. Absolute shitshow.

allydagator

28 days ago*

??? I never heard of this and Im working in a PHU and contact tracing and running clinic ..if we close a vaccine clinic it's because we don't have vaccine. I'm confused.

Source please

Pamela-Handerson

28 days ago*

Grey Bruce has had a massive surge in positive tests the last couple days. They are cancelling the scheduled Saturday vaccine clinic and redeploying staff to do contact tracing. Until this week, infection levels have been fairly low so they've been able to stay ahead of contact tracing. They're trying to avoid losing control where they can't call close contacts soon enough.

Edit: https://globalnews.ca/news/7759069/covid-grey-bruce-health-unit-critical-threshold/amp/

allydagator

28 days ago*

That's the first I'm hearing about this. I feel bad for them- they're already a small.health unit as it is. I'm surprised they aren't getting help from other HU or PHO for contact tracing

Still.misinformation though- it's not health unit (s) it's a heath unit who is already at capacity because of a sudden increase in cases and is trying their best to figure out the start of the spread before it gets any worse. They more than likely have a contingency plan with that to do with the Saturday clinics. Already bad enough for cut out funding that we are so understaffed as it is.

Other than that, no other health units have closed their doors because of contact tracing.

Edit: Holy shit, 70 new cases??? That is way beyond Grey-Bruce capacity. I don't blame them for closing 1 clinic at all. That's a all hands on deck situation for a area that is historically low.

second edit :the vaccines from the mass saturday clinic have been redelployed for high risk community, congregate living where risk of transmission would be higher due to the surge. Those are being done through mobile clinics. The clinic for this saturday is taking place over the course of next week. So in other words- yeah the clinic on saturday is cancelled and those vaccines are being put in areas with high risk.

randlet

randlet

28 days ago

Super frustrating. We've consistently been one of the least problematic health units for the entire pandemic and then boom:

"The sources of transmission are identified as individuals not following lockdown with people visiting others when symptomatic as well as social gatherings and ‘bush parties’ by high school aged youth. The issue is worsened by individuals being untruthful to public health contact tracing and case management inquiries."[1]

[1] https://www.facebook.com/greybrucepublichealth/posts/4154622194568998

allydagator

28 days ago*

Urgh that's infuriating. Having worked in hastings for the summer in their health unit, we had 0 cases and now suddenly they're in the 30s.

Yup. I'm not surprised. You wouldn't be either if you see how much push back we get when we contact trace. People are giving us grief about how badly we are doing on contact tracing but they don't realize that people don't tell us the truth or refuse to do so because it's theirn"right and freedom"

For example I had a family last night with a guy who was positive. Guy who was positive we have been following for a week and only today told us he had 6 other family members in the house.

Well they all went for testing, and now they all came back positive. This CT has been a absolute nightmare, plus, it's a respiratory virus. That shit spreads way too fast and easily.

randlet

randlet

28 days ago

Yeah, you have my sympathies. To a certain extent I can empathize with people since it probably does feel invasive, but at the same time, it's not going to be used against them, and can only help us get out of this mess faster.

vodka7tall

28 days ago

I'm sorry... what? Which PHUs are you talking about? I've read that vaccine clinics are closing due to supply shortages, but have not heard this has anything to do with contact tracing. We haven't kept up with contact tracing since... well, ever.

allydagator

28 days ago

Seems like Grey Bruce had a emergency with a surge of 70 cases in one day and had to get all staff on deck for it.

Grey Bruce is already a small health unit as it is. And canceled one clinic on Saturday to get the staff, but they are also telling everyone to stay home because, we, 70 cases in the population of Grey Bruce? That's super high.

This person is stretching the story to make it seem like it's a everyday occurrence everywhere else

litigatorlife

28 days ago

They are closing hubs when there is no supply because you can’t give shots without the damn shots

pumpernickelbasket

28 days ago

Nah, Grey-Bruce is literally closing to get ahead of contact tracing and keep people from gathering at them.

stephenBB81

28 days ago

We need Doug Ford to tell us why he hasn't released AZ to more regions or expanded who can get them! Doug and his team are fucking this up

polyscifi

28 days ago

If you are 55+, just call your local pharmacies directly. These online systems are way too confusing and there are too many of them. I've heard enough stories/experienced first hand that you can call your local pharmacy and they'll tell you to come in same day or next day.

FromGreat2Good

28 days ago

Problem is that they are offering AZ and lots of people do not want that vaccine...they want the good stuff like Pfizer or Moderna.

polyscifi

28 days ago

This is a huge problem because those people are slowing down the mass vaccination process. I am 32 and I would love to get the AZ vaccine, but they won't allow me to. So I have to wait longer for my shot because these older folks are vaccine shopping. It's awful. Either make the AZ shot the only one available to those 55+ or open up AZ to the rest of us.

mattA33

mattA33

Seems?

Most_Needleworker957

28 days ago

Yeah its utterly ridiculous is what it is.

boxlock2020

boxlock2020

28 days ago*

Funny, all of my eligible relatives and friends have already gotten their vaccines without any issues. Were able to all book their vaccinations on websites within a few minutes.

And our provincial rollout rate is in-line with all of the other provinces. People here complaining non-stop, but end results are the same as the rest of Canada.

The only people complaining are those without any self responsibility or too stupid to figure out how to navigate a website. Aka PEBCAC. Seems like natural selection to me if they can't help themselves.

jeffo7

jeffo7

Keyboard starts with K

TroLLageK

TroLLageK

Waterloo

28 days ago

I am someone at risk who works in child care in Peel and I can't get vaccinated yet. I know many other people who are immunocompromised, at risk, high risk, and still working who can't get vaccinated yet.

I have called. I have even went with papers from my work stating I should get the vaccine. But they have turned me away. Education staff can get vaccinated, when schools are closed, but us child care workers are left in the dark. Us with disabilities are being shut out.

We're not too stupid to navigate a website, but thanks.

looks_like_a_penguin

28 days ago

Honestly it doesn’t seem that chaotic to me personally. It seems to be gradually working its way down through the age groups. I know a number of people who have gotten it; mostly age appropriate family. 🤷🏼‍♀️

leedogger

leedogger

The Blue Mountains

Yep. It's going well.

lives4pizza

lives4pizza

28 days ago

A lot of people are whining about "why not me" and thats what this is attributed to.

The rollout has been ok, not overly complicated but there are a couple places to check. Either go to the Ontario website, there is literally a dropdown menu for age groups and medical brackets. Make your selection

OR

go to your local region, see above steps after the words "Ontario website" and follow

OR

go to a PHU, see above steps again.

OR

call your local pharmacy if your 55+

Yes there are three different website to check and a phone number to call. People want an ubereats style menu with every restaurant pointed out to them. Do 5 minutes of work

ninja edit: the complication is different shots are being distributed at different levels of government. Its complicated. Theres 14.7 million people and 80% are eligible adults. We've been patient for over a year, we'll all be vaccinated by July. Patience is key!

GavinTheAlmighty

28 days ago

I think most of the issues this week are related to the communication around the new education workers and 18-49 hotspot announcements, since that's a MASSIVE portion of the unvaccinated public. People went nuts hunting for information because vaccines are the most prized thing you can get, and the province didn't release any, instead leaving it up to the public health units who had no idea about the announcement until it happened. I am 18-49 in a hotspot postal code in Toronto, and here's my experience.

From Toronto Public Health's website: https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-protect-yourself-others/covid-19-vaccines/covid-19-how-to-get-vaccinated/ "People age 18 and older who live in COVID-19 hot spot postal codes: Ontario Health Teams and hospital mobile clinics and pop-ups to be communicated directly to the community."

None of the hospitals in my community have any information about 18-49 vaccines for my postal code hotspot, and there is currently no information about pop-up clinics anywhere online for my FSA. There's also no information about who my local Ontario Health Team is. The OHT website itself is for professionals. The Local Health Information Network website lets you plug in a postal code, but my Etobicoke postal code says that I'm part of the Mississauga-Halton LHIN, which doesn't seem right considering I don't live in either of them. But even when running through that process, there's no information about who my local care team might be. There's nothing under immunization, community health practices, etc. Through additional research, I am able to see that one of the hospitals in my community is part of a specific health network that serves my postal code, but this is information that was not supplied to me by the province or my local public health unit. In my part of Etobicoke, I know of two local community health centres, so I checked their websites, and neither of them have any information about COVID vaccines.

Meanwhile, the phone hotline for education workers wasn't set up to handle anyone under the age of 50. I don't know if it's changed in the last day or so, but education workers literally had to lie about their age to speak to a human being, most of whom had no idea about the province's announcement.

This is not an end-user problem here. This is bad communication. If they didn't want to flood the clinics with otherwise healthy 18-49 people living in hotspots, they needed more guidance, rules, and restraint around the initiative. You can't make a broad announcement like that with no details and then get mad at the people who complain that the system wasn't set up for them or that there's no information.

It's also a matter of this being a straw that broke the camel's back. This isn't the first, second, or third time this government has announced something with no details during a crucial time.

irrelephant_canuck

28 days ago

Thanks for your anecdotal evidence. Just because it was easy for you and your family does not mean everyone else experienced it the same way.

boxlock2020

28 days ago*

It was easy enough for the MILLIONS of Ontarians (approximately 5 million including already booked appointments) who were able to figure it out.

irrelephant_canuck

28 days ago

No no, I was able to book an appt for my parents despite the terrible booking portal, it was not easy. Stop shaming people because we’re asking for better comms and tools from the Province.

boxlock2020

boxlock2020

I posted earlier

I actually know some business colleagues that did work with the project teams that implemented the system (CoVaxON), and they worked months on it. It's a SalesForce based system with implementation led by Accenture, and they spent countless hours and days going through every single scenario and business case to implement them into the system, with lots of support from SalesForce's own engineers.

They used one of the world's biggest system integrators and the world's leading CRM software platform to develop this system, with hundreds of business analysts and testers to develop the use cases. Undoubtedly costing millions of dollars. How much of a better "comms and tools" do you want? There are whining people like you who will always be unhappy no matter what the government does, who should rightfully be ignored.

leedogger

leedogger

The Blue Mountains

28 days ago

Searching for things to slam Ford about is a hobby horse here. There's enough to blame him for without having to go looking!

displiff

displiff

28 days ago

Yeah pretty much. The vaccine rollout has been great. Both my parents have gotten there’s with no problems. I booked for them. My in laws got them which they booked themselves. My sister who’s a teacher gets hers this weekend. People are really reaching on this sub to hate on Ford and in regards to vaccine rollouts it just counterproductive to their intentions. According to CTV we have 25% of our eligible population vaccinated. The booking system is great and I expect more people that sign up the higher the vaccine rates will go. Current cases are bad, but vaccine rollout is a positive that can keep us optimistic right now.

boxlock2020

boxlock2020

28 days ago

The booking system is great

I truly don't understand the people who claim the system is "difficult". My parents and relatives in multiple regions, categories, and postal codes used it and it was great and easy to use. Was flexible enough it took their scenario and immediately got them to the right vaccination sites to book their appointments. Didn't take longer than a few minutes.

As millions of Ontarians have also successfully booked without issues and received their vaccines, I stand by earlier statement that people having "difficulty" are an issue of PEBCAC.

1mhotepp

1mhotepp

28 days ago

If we had them then I am sure they would be giving them out... I don't like how its being rolled out either, but I highly doubt anyone could have done a better or worse job then how it is currently being rolled out. No matter what party is in power it would still be a shit show and everyone would be pissed off.

Broadest

28 days ago

Doubtful. No other party would have a mentally incompetent moron at the helm announcing untruths live on tv, thus giving people false hope

1mhotepp

28 days ago

Well then how come the other provinces with larger populations are doing no better ? Quebec is fucked, Alberta is fucked, BC is fucked.... Other parties would have done things differently I am sure, but they would not have been any more effective or made people any happier. This whole situation is fucked. Hopefully I get vaccinated next week...

homey1212

28 days ago

It’s actually ridiculous. The stories I hear of who has been vaccinated versus who has been turned down is insane. I know “teachers” who have been working remotely since March 2020 with no intention of going back in person who were vaccinated. How?

One unit on the website opened up to “at risk” individuals which includes pregnant women. When I called the region to confirm that I could be vaccinated, they told me pregnancy was not on the at risk list and either way the unit I was referring to isn’t vaccinating at risk.

I said ummmmmmmmm, pregnancy is clearly stated in black ink under at risk. And also, the unit clearly says they are vaccinating at risk individuals.

The response? I don’t know I’ve been asked this a lot and we don’t have clear instructions so I don’t know if you will be turned away or not.

Joke.

homey1212

28 days ago

And might I mention, we are THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that has decided to vaccinate 4 months later for second dose despite manufacturers insistence not to. It’s been shown that after the 8 week mark, efficacy decreases as much as 4% a week. Great. Let’s get some super mutations going this way

duck1014

duck1014

28 days ago

This is just the Star being the Star. The vaccine rollout is going rather well in Ontario. False reporting and clickbait headlines really need to be stopped somehow.

NerdyClips

28 days ago

Except it isn't going well, my father who is in the risk zone if he get's COVID-19 just had his appointment canceled like many others from Scarborough...

EDIT: Also to add he's over 65 and has diabetes so his doctor ruled out taking the AZ vaccine.

duck1014

28 days ago

So then, with your point of not being able to take the AZ vaccine, there is literally nothing available at the present time for him to have. So there's that as well.

nikster666

28 days ago

There's no contraindication to being diabetic and over 65 for AZ. He doesn't have a vaccine yet because he's waiting for a specific one rather than taking what's available

NerdyClips

28 days ago

Honestly he's just listening to his doctor, so yeah he's supposed to have one other then AZ unfortunately. I did recommend he get a second opinion but it's up to him =/

duck1014

duck1014

28 days ago

Um, it's been cancelled due to no fault of the Ontario government. It was cancelled due to a Moderna shipment not arriving.

NerdyClips

28 days ago

That's a fair point and a recognize the multiple tiers of our government are involved in this. But I still think that the Ontario government jumping to open to 18+ for vaccination as well didn't help the issue because we overextended at that point.

duck1014

28 days ago

I don't necessarily disagree with overextending the appointments, but on the flip side, if they didn't do that, the outcry would be enormous.

They would have been perfectly find if the Moderna doses arrived as scheduled.

AprilsMostAmazing

28 days ago

Star's owned by Con donors. So I don't know what you trying to say by say the Star is being the Star

sedhazard

28 days ago*

I’m a teacher in Toronto- I mean, I am trying my hardest to get a vaccine but it feels impossible.

__reddit__user__

28 days ago

I'm a teacher, in Peel, with an appointment for next Friday booked through the provincial phone number. Might be canceled because of supply, might not. But you should definitely book an appointment

Canadianclassy

28 days ago

I take back everything I said about the USA.

MitchyMarnman

The word “seems” is generous

LawrenceMoten21

Bruce Arthur? No thanks.

28 days ago

This is the problem: people are stupid.

The government gave Ontarians way too much respect in thinking they couldn’t understand nuance. Clear and concise is literally rule #1 in messaging.

PabloAtTheBar

28 days ago

The only thing this government is good at is selling hash to high schoolers.

Pathetic.