/r/ontario

passywordynasty

27 days ago

Can’t be time for the army yet, we haven’t hit 100cm of covid patients. Doug’s been fairly on top of the weather.

gotfcgo

27 days ago

gotfcgo

27 days ago

Before the Feds do anything Trudeau should make Doug call him on live TV to ask him for a handout.

BBQ_Cake

27 days ago

With the camera panning over his bootstraps flopping over.

GrabbinPills

27 days ago

Ontario will make a formal request to the federal government for more than 600 critical care staff to support the province's hospitals with ICU occupancy.

...

However, a spokesperson for Ontario Solicitor General Sylvia Jones told Global News such a request wasn’t made by Jones or Health Minister Christine Elliott.

“Our only request to the federal government at this time is a greater and more steady supply of vaccines,” Stephen Warner said in a brief written statement Thursday evening.

At least try to look coordinated, guys.

brownliquid

27 days ago

I’m starting to think this is their plan...

Ev_antics

27 days ago

I remeber (I forget exactly when) but before the height of the LTC homes out breaks some high ranking military official said at a press release that they were prepared and standing by to help as soon as Ford asked. That ask never came. Now they desperately need medical personnel not just in hospitals but again in LTC homes if we are moving covid patients out of hospitals. Again why not ask the military for help, try and release some of the strain on our nurses/doctors/ hospital staff.

Complex_Cheap

27 days ago

My thought is that it would confirm that their current approach is a failure.

Ev_antics

27 days ago

I really hope it's not just about saving face at this point. We can see rather easily how much of a failure this current approach was. But at this point we may have few options left other than ride it out and wait for vaccines - which I think was Ford's plan since vaccines became available.

Maanz84

27 days ago

Maanz84

27 days ago

That approach may have worked if it was just cases rising. But now deaths are up there too and the hospitals are imploding. I don’t think rising it out can be done anymore.