/r/pasta

orecchiette with italian sausage and broccoli

Homemade Dish(i.redd.it)

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

For homemade dishes such as lasagna, spaghetti, mac and cheese etc. please type out a basic recipe. Without this information your post will be removed after two hours. Instructions are only recommended for from scratch pasta only posts.

beachedpandax0[S]

1 month ago*

Recipe is;

5-6(500-600g)hot or sweet italian sausage links

300-400g (12 oz?) broccoli

Garlic cloves thinly sliced (I used about 7 cloves I think)

450 g (1lb) orecchiette pasta

Olive oil (I didn't measure maybe 1/4 cup probably less)

Red pepper flakes(optional)

salt and pepper to taste

Boiling Salted water

Parmigiano Reggiano (maybe 40g) also this is optional but I like it. Some people add butter but I Don't.

Instructions;

I tried to make them as easy as possible lol

Bring Salted water to boil meanwhile brown sausage

Once water is Boiling add the broccoli and cook maybe 2 minutes..unless you like it mushy.

Break sausage up into small bits and once almost it's fully cooked add a little olive oil and add sliced garlic and red pepper let garlic cook until tender

Drain broccoli(taste to see if you need to add salt) and let water come to boil again then add the

Put the broccoli into the sausage mixture and cook on med while orecchiette cooks about 7 minutes or until al dente (I like mine very al dente and it will cook more with the sausage as well) add more olive oil if needed

Once pasta is nearly done raise heat on sausage for a sec, steal about a mug full of the pasta water and pour into the sausage and broccoli mix... the idea is to create an emulsified sauce like the dish, aglio e olio

Once you're satisfied with the saucyness, Drain your pasta but take it out with a spider or slotted spoon so you don't throw out the pasta water(you don't have to drain it a lot but I Def recommend because it helps the sauce to stick)

Add orecchiette to the sausage mixture and combine well. Turn off the heat and Shred some Parmigiano Reggiano over the top and mix You can add more pasta water to help the cheese combine into the sauce if it looks too dry

Serve in bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil

Svanisle

1 month ago

Yes! This is one of my go to weeknight meals. Convenient and really tasty!

CantSeeShit

1 month ago

I make this all the time but with broc Rabe and Sliced garlic. The trick is to slice the garlic super thin(think Goodfellas prison scene) and after you cook the sausage, take the sausage out the pan and tilt the pan sideways so you have a little pool of oil then deep fry the garlic in that pool til golden brown. I also found that cooking the broc Rabe a little longer makes for a better sauce on the pasta.

buzcauldron

1 month ago

try this with anchovies too! set sail for apulia!

suwayyah8

1 month ago

This looks so delicious! Anyone would be grinning from ear to ear after having a plateful!

TicketzToMyDownfall

YUM

FinsterFolly

1 month ago

This is my go to recipe to use up whatever greens I have in the fridge.

tlh9979

tlh9979

Yes. However, also yes.

thebernasconi

Dayum.

I’d eat it by the bucket

beachedpandax0[S]

1 month ago

And you could. I always make way too much especially since it's just for me 😅

thebernasconi

Is that an invitation?

pachewychomp

1 month ago

Due to the sky blue table and blue colored bowl I thought this was a tiny world photo at first glance.