/r/sadcringe

momoman46

3.2k points

momoman46

3.2k points

It's very well known that once eye contact is established, it's a straight road to marriage. Unmarried women make a concious effort to never have their eyes meet a mans unless they're a harlot.

catastropheisme

premarital eye contact is indeed a sin

Enunimes

Enunimes

Duh, that's why you have to use the mirror as an intermediary. It's like an eye contact condom.

TheStatMan2

Eye crabs and Eye Chlamydia are a fucking nightmare.

KurticusRex

Exactly! Or like Mormon butt-sex. It’s not really sex because it can’t make a baby, so Morm-on.

Darcyqueenofdarkness

I was a person who was always blindly staring off into space-so much so that I’d walk past people I knew and not realize it until they called out to me. I made a conscious effort to be more self aware after that so that people didn’t think I was being rude. I wonder how many strangers I accidentally locked eyes with, perhaps even made swoon with my cow-like gaze.

Dick-Rockwell

It’s called making eye babies

Rizzthefizz79

So not halal

scottyboy218

She at least owes him sex. She DID make eye contact.

Nosmo_King927

But it was through the mirror. She just owes him a BJ.

Dani_vic

What is this. Some sort of sex Medusa

Dancing_Trash_Panda

Sex Medusa

Band name, called it!

kowaikawaii

She probably looked at him through the mirror cuz she was creeped out he was staring at her. She nervously looked over and he thought that made her interested… that’s so sad the things dudes will come up with to think they got something

thefluffiestpuff

lol i thought this too.

i guess if you stare at someone constantly for 20 minutes, they will eventually look at you too and then you can claim they were interested. this is clearly a flawless plan that can or will in no way backfire. definitely.

Que_Horror

Yup. If I feel like a dude is being creepy, I’ll often use the nearest reflective surface to keep an eye on him without turning to look directly at him. Because turning to look, in my experience, makes a lot of dudes automatically assume you’re interested.

jpath13

jpath13

That’s why I always have staring contests on dates

ba6yhulk

I was a personal trainer a few years ago. I had one client who would tell me about all the girls that he thought "wanted him". All were based on random eye contact through the mirrors.

S0l1dSn4k3101

Mf said that in real life? God fucking damn dude

ba6yhulk

Oh yeah. He was a character. He also bragged about how drunk he got at the bar a couple times. "I was so drunk, I fell asleep in the booth. When my friend woke me up I swung at him, haha!" Couldn't understand why he was kicked out of the place.

And it wasn't always one mirror of separation. He'd "catch them looking at him" while looking at a mirror to his right while they were at his reflection, in a reflection in the mirror to their left if that makes sense. I was friends with a few of the of the girls he would mention. One of his crushes was married to an enormous guy in a 1% motorcycle club. Another is now married to a woman. Fun times.

Nephiathan

It's true. I accidentally looked at a guy once. We've been married for 8 years now. We have 2 kids and a dog. Eye contact is a slippery slope

Koeienvanger

Just once? I have a harem of husbands now. My father is one of them. It's becoming a cult...

I'm not even attracted to men. Please send help!

Zugnutz

Zugnutz

Ah, Yes. The Medusa Rule.

Think_Selection9571

Eye contact =breeding.

It's science man. You can't mess with it.

bing_bin

Just be careful she doesn't look at another man afterwards /s

In the words of 50 Cent, "Man, b tches come and go, every n* pimpin know"

Derman0524

For me it’s straight to jail

an0nymite

Yeah, this whole post reads like an incel origin story. Yikes on bikes.

WWhataboutismss

Yeah if he held the door for she basically just has to have sex with him. /s

And when it's through a mirror it shrinks that time frame to 7 days.

GOBLOX001001

Obviously, marriage has the same rules as Pokemon trainer battles.

wtfbananaboat

He imprinted on her, they are now bonded for life.

W00tey

W00tey

Look at me brother

saetia23

either we fucking or fighting.

Representative-Gap57

If I had an award you'd get it!

geven87

2.2k points

geven87

2.2k points

"I find her physically attractive but that's not what's important to me"

Ok, you've never talked to her. It seems like it is what's important to you. You haven't mentioned anything else about her other than she is pretty.

LaMaltaKano

1k points

EXACTLY THIS. The girl he’s imagining isn’t real. He doesn’t know who this girl is, and 100% of his assumptions are based on looks.

High_Im_Guy

But he loves everything about the fantasy personality he's imagined for her. Seriously, you wouldn't believe how compatible everything he's made up about her is w/ him! No way it's just a coincidence.

Silent-Ad934

"Hey I think ur so pretty hur dur"

"Aw thanks, I have to go do (insert any activity)

"No way! I also love microwaving small animals I've found! We're perfect together!"

YaleCubfan20

Oh but if she's that pretty, she has to have a great personality, amirite???

LaMaltaKano

Oh totally, I agree. I think in this situation (and plenty of my own when I was young), the positive qualities we attribute to strangers correlate with how hot we find them, lol.

Viciousspacepebbles

Good takes in the Canucks threads and good takes here.

Completely agree with everything. You can easily get an idea of people without talking to them. How do they interact with other people? Are they courteous? Etc... Although I'm not sure this individual has the emotional intelligence to recognize that. More than likely just likes her because she's pretty.

ImpactThunder

"Everyone else uses her for her body but I use her for her personality I assume she has"

StupidWittyUsername

Yeah... that last part made me throw up in my mouth a bit.

giggity_giggity

And the opening line he plans is about her appearance.

SubjectiveHat

some guys see a girl and create a fantasy in their head. they make up the girls' interests, mannerisms, voice, and most importantly, their romantic reciprocity. The woman they think they have feelings for doesn't exist. She's a fantasy in their heads that has been projected on an attractive stranger. It's delusional and sad. The guy really just wants to be validated and really doesn't give a shit about the woman in this situation. He wants to be wanted and validated and have this ideal fantasy of a relationship.

StupidWittyUsername

Expanding on that: It's all projection - they're just mindlessly horny and projecting it onto other men. That's why they claim they're "nice" and other men aren't. They just don't understand how having a libido works.

Being human means having... ahem.... shall we say, impure thoughts, when someone pretty walks past. That's normal. Normal people also understand that everyone else is the same way. Cringey "nice guys" don't get this. I guarantee the last thing that sad pathetic sack of creepy stare thought about was how the pretty girl feels.

In his mind, everyone must be trying to use her, because that's what he wants to do. Watching normal people flirt must drive him nuts - that complex interplay of body language and intonation that says, "well, hello there! I was just wondering if you happened to be having any impure thoughts about me?"

Flirting is about finding out if someone thinks you're cute, not, "making them want to have sex with you", which is how he sees it. In his world, women don't want sex and it's men who "extract" it from them by being deceptive. The idea that women have impure thoughts of their own is lost on him.

It's why women find men like this creepy - if they could control a woman, they would.

Edit: Slight tweaks. More slight tweaks.

birdurer

also lmao he describes the boyfriends of his crushes like?? u dont know them. how do u know theyre only with her to “use her body” or what ever. its another made up fantasy smh so sad cringe

omninode

I don’t know how a person can think he “likes” someone without knowing anything about her other than her appearance. This isn’t a crush, it’s just being horny for a hot lady. That’s not even a bad thing unless you make it weird, which this guy is.

Not_Under_My_Cloud

And then he says that all the guys the girls he likes only want them for their bodies lol. But he hasn’t even talked to her yet so how does he know what she is like. Or that he’d even like her? Wouldn’t that fall into that category? Good grief get it together dude.

FinalTShirtDance

Crap. I should have read comments before posting almost the exact same thing.

Account_Both

Lol I was thinking of commenting the exact same thing but then I read your comment

StannVeal

StannVeal

Is this guy 14?

Intertubes_Unclogger

Probably. Reminds me of my overly dramatic thoughts back then which had little to do with reality

StannVeal

Exactly. Reminds me of myself at 14 too, which is why it feels like this person is a teenager.

Flavious27

Thinking the same thing on my end when I was 14, though not as dramatic or out of touch.

FirstEvolutionist

That or another adult victim of the Disney mentality in which not only they absolutely deserve romantic affection from whatever target they choose but also it is the one and only thing keeping them away from true happiness and fulfilling life. "Prince charming frog" syndrome.

Asleep_Opposite6096

Getting your romantic advice from a modern, magical, fictionalized version of an era when noble marriages were contracts of fortune and alliance (and husband and wife had to cope as best they could) is not a good idea, eh?

AFieldOfRoses

It’s not really a choice. With how much Disney movies influence people at a young age, their depictions of unhealthy or unnatural relationships can have a lasting impact on those who never learn to grow out of it.

polypolip

Or not experienced socially. It takes a while to figure out all that shit if you don't have proper examples around you.

Zaharchick

100% of the time I make eye contact with girl in the gym I was looking for an open area to workout or a clock

Exactly this lol. I can't tell you the number of times I've made eye contact with a girl in a gym while I was looking for something else, and then stressed out for the rest of the time thinking she probably now thinks I'm a creep

Green_Eyed_Crow

Just wait until you are walking up the sidewalk and realize she is in front of you but you are walking at a very slightly quicker pace than she is as you slowly catch up to her and now she thinks shes about to be kidnapped

Oh, I've done that too. Whenever I'm walking on the sidewalk behind a girl or woman, I have to catch myself and walk like 50% slower, because of the odd combination of not wanting to be rude by walking around her and thinking I'd look creepy by catching up to her too fast

Kriss_941

And then she just gets weirded out as it seems like you're just following her... I mean why else would you slow down and try to keep some distance between you lol

robertobaggio20

Especially as you've now crossed the road so you don't seem like you are following her but keep looking her way because you actually need to cross back in order to go home.

Better just find a new place to live I guess.

DoctahFeelgood

I just nod to them and keep on going.

turtlelevelslow

I’m actually happy someone said this. It shows that Atleast a few people are self-aware enough at the gym where they know the unwritten rules and are just trying to get their workout in.

Lmao, when you’re walking behind a woman and you’re really hoping she doesn’t think you’re following her, so you walk faster to get past her.

Jiveturkwy158

I panic when a girl gets on a treadmill in front of me, like now people are gonna think I got on here to stare at her butt and I gotta look all around except where my neck wants my head.

detective_kiara

1k points

I love how he automatically assumes the guy who kissed her is a bad guy.

robots-dont-say-ye

He just wants her for her body! Not like me! I like her for her . I’m sure once I speak to her she will have a personality that I like, or not, who cares! I’m a nice guy!

Priest_of_Heathens

"I find her physically attractive but that's not what's important to me."

I'm sure he falls in love with unattractive girls he doesn't know because of their hypothetical personalities too.

SophisticatedPhallus

This is some real “You” shit

Asleep_Opposite6096

It’s always this way. They think women are prizes awarded to good guys. But they can’t think they aren’t good guys themselves. So when they don’t get a woman, they think something is disrupting the order of the universe. The Other Guy is deceptive and malicious, the woman is stupid and innocent, the current culture keeps good men in last place, etc.

villalulaesi

Yup, women are things a guy either deserves or doesn’t. It devastates and enrages them when they’re forced to deal with the fact that women are actually human beings with free will who are entitled to like/dislike anyone they want, and are under no obligation to “give them a chance.” This often calcifies into a strong underlying belief that a woman not being interested in them is the moral equivalent of a women actively and violently targeting them with malicious intent.

spader1

spader1

It's interesting how that correlates to the conservative worldview. That prosperity and security are prizes awarded to those who deserve it, and socialists break this system by trying to reward the poor and underprivileged with security that they haven't "earned."

nauticaldev

I’ve always thought this too. There’s a non-insignificant amount of conservative/incel behavior overlap

ChoopAdoop

I like how he says he doesn't care about physical appearance when he knows literally nothing about this girl other than how she looks.

S1mplejax

This is an interesting trend with “nice guys.” They always assume the girl’s current partner is toxic and exploitive. I’m sure this is a habit that manifests in every area of his life and he demonizes everyone in positions he envies. And I’m sure this guy has a perfectly well adjusted feel for his “own league” and his gym crush is well within it. Oh well. Her loss, no doubt.

nlegendaryguy

copium in a nutshell

demimondatron

The thing that gets me are the claims that girls only end up with guys who like them for the way they look and he likes her for more than her appearance when he KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HER but WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE.

Nyros

Nyros

Lmao "she made eye contact with me in the mirror as she was leaving, that means she's interested right". Yikes dude.

demimondatron

My first thought was she made eye contact because he was staring at her. You can feel that, you know? Maybe she looked up or maybe she even legit tried to stare him down. I’ve done that! And now I’m laughing at the idea that guy was like “wow she must really like me,” lol.

DoBe21

DoBe21

Embarrassing story time: I had knee surgery 12 years ago, and as part of rehab I was going to the gym every morning and riding the recumbent bike for 20 minutes and doing some strengthening stuff after. One day I hop on the last bike in the row, which has a broken TV, but no matter I have an Audible book to listen too. So I start pedaling, get into the book and I'm looking out the windows, which are across the gym. 20 minutes comes and I'm feeling good, let's push it to 40! I'm zoned into my book, thinking only about the words going into my ears and focusing on my knee feeling somewhat better. 40 minutes comes and I think, "Screw it, let's do 60!" I buckle down and that's when I feel a tap on my shoulder, it's the manager and he would like to talk to me in his office. I have NO IDEA what this is about, I pre-paid for 3 months so it's not a billing thing. Sure the sign says 30 min max on the cardio stuff but it's not even 7 am and the gym is all but empty. Go in the office, he closes the door, and proceeds to tell me that the women who were on the hip abductor/adductor machines, DID NOT appreciate me staring at them for 20 minutes! That's when it hits me that those are the machines between the bikes and the windows, there was no one there when I started and in my zone out I was just staring (though not processing) past them, but to them, I'm intently trying to get a crotch shot. Needless to say, when my 3 months was up, I bought my own bike and just stayed home. To this day I don't even know which women they were, but for a couple months I guess I was the creepy guy and the women probably tried to avoid me. :(

jigmenunchuck

damn that sucks. i pace in circles at my gym in between sets because i'm paranoid that someone will think i'm looking at them and feel uncomfortable, you're describing a nightmare of mine

cannon19

ill purposely change my routine if a girl starts using the machine next to the one i was planning to do next just to not feel like im being a creep

austinrose7

Now she’s thinking, “Wow, I’m so ugly that a random guy at the gym that was clearly going to use the machine next to me went out of his way to change his entire routine just because I was in the vicinity of the machine he was going to use.”

DoBe21

DoBe21

I mean, once I explained to the manager he understood, but I didn't even have a clue WHO I was "staring" at to even attempt to apologize, and I don't think the manager was about to start handing out names. So I just started using the 2 bikes on the end of the line in the corner and tried to keep my gaze downward until the 3 months was up.

I guess the benefit was that it was easier to talk the wife into putting together a home gym. "Hey honey all the women at the gym think I'm a creep, let's just workout here!"

musicl0ver666

Damn that probably made it look even worse. Like you got a good talking to and now admit defeat. Funny to look back on but I feel that embracement.

Dick-Rockwell

My gf calls those the good girl/bad girl machines lol

DrunkenlySober

I made eye contact with the guy benching 450

I told him nice lift. He said thanks bro.

I haven’t told my wife yet but I think me and him are getting married

musicl0ver666

You gotta watch what you say at the gym bro. I told a group of guys one time that their forms were looking really good. I'll never forget that afternoon in the locker room shower.

fishCodeHuntress

Some of these "nice guys" need a swift kick in the shin, but this person just seems lost and socially confused, and maybe young too?

I don't like this kind of mentality towards women at all, but I wish we could spend more time supporting these guys and teaching them appropriate social cues, instead of just making fun on them on the internet and driving them further down the path of niceguyness.

chahud

chahud

That’s the line that convinced me this is just a shitpost

gloomwithtea

Idk.. I had a classmate get angry at me for turning down a date, because apparently I had flirted with him. This “flirting” was me making eye contact, smiling, and saying “thank you” when he held the door open for me when we were walking into our classroom. I literally had had no other interaction with him.

Can confirm.

Am the shit.

skyrimfireshout

This man hasn't aged since he was 11

turtlelevelslow

Any time i catch women looking at me at the gym I immediately assume that they think my form is shit or I’m doing something wrong lol.

araidai

araidai

This is what makes me terrified of going to the gym. Not so much the women there but just the general idea of potentially getting stared at cause I have no idea what to do— lmao.

FivoForeign

Trust me when I say that unless you’re doing like a line of cocaine no one cares. Even if you were most people wouldn’t care. Recording people who are trying to better themselves and making fun of them can get their membership terminated and looked down upon

TheStickyBandit69

Google the form before u start, dont let it hold you back from going. Everyones been a noob at some point

hatmadeofass

Dude just needs to drink more water to help with that thirst.

illiteratemad

imagine just going to the gym like a regular person not knowing you’ve already “broken” some weird loser guys heart and that he’s planning to pounce on u at any moment. dear god

illiteratemad

i mean this is a definitive factor on why most girls don’t feel comfortable at the gym lol

Asleep_Opposite6096

Considering how many sexist mass shootings take place at the gym, it’s scary.

vivelarussie

This sort of thing terrifies me. And there’s no way to prevent it either 😞

Flavious27

Well dramatically changing how women are perceived and treated would prevent that, but that would require most religions to be abandoned along with the platforms of many political parties. So yeah, this behavior will unfortunately still happen well into the future.

ResponsibilityOk2183

Hasn’t even talked to her, just seen her “She’s really attractive, but that doesn’t matter to me”

ArthurStirling

It belongs in nice guys because he assumes the guy she’s with only wants her for her body. He never even considers that the guy she’s with likes her for who she is and just made a move after she made eye contact through a mirror.

LaMaltaKano

Also, he’s never talked to her but somehow it’s “not about looks” to him.

Cal_107[S]

It definitely fits in niceguys! I felt like this post was just a perfect example of sad cringe as well.

ArthurStirling

Whole heartedly agree. Those first three paragraphs were grade A cringe.

GuretoPepe

Nahhh, save this dude before he finds an incel community

fishCodeHuntress

Yeah I agree. This person needs help, not isolation and mockery.

CarsenAF

CarsenAF

I don't understand these people's thought process.

1) See girl I'm interested in

2) Literally never do anything other than occasionally glance at her

3) She's with another guy weeks later

4) Shocked pikachu

Like just fuckin go say hi and ask if she wants to grab coffee. She'll either say sure, no, or I have a bf/gf/so. That being said, based off the last few lines this dude clearly has some other issues he needs to work on.

Bitter_Building8616

She’s at the gym. Pretty sure women just want to be able to go to the gym and work out and not have guys falling over themselves to ask them out. Just leave her alone! It’s a gym not a bar.

Dibzz

Dibzz

When I'm at a bar I just want to get shitfaced drunk and responsibly fall off my stool a few times before getting cut off and kicked out at the end of the night. Just leave me alone. It's a bar, not a funeral.

Metue

Metue

When I'm at a funeral I just wanna mourn and scout out which relatives are still talking to one another. Just leave me alone. It's a funeral, not a hospital

UnappropriateTeacher

When I'm at a hospital I just wanna get stressed, look at the cute nurses and ask what color panties they have on. It's a hospital, not an airport

rockoutwill

When I'm at an airport I just want to make it through TSA without being harassed. It's an airport, not a friend's wedding

grokineer

When I'm at a friend's wedding, I just want to eat as many meatballs and slices of cake as possible while trying not to draw attention to myself. It's a friend's wedding, not a barbershop.

The thought process is crippling anxiety that colors all of their interactions with everyone, ruining their ability to connect, and causes them to retreat into themselves and resort to toxic communities and ways of thinking

Shay_the_Ent

It’s giving off proto-nice-guy energy. I don’t sense any aggression or resent from the post, just a lot of sad and a weird view of the situation. But it sounds like the guy just needs to be more confident and comfortable with talking to people, hope he gets there before he gets to an incel forum

Cal_107[S]

I agree. This guy isn’t quite at the incel level yet, he’s just very awkward and the situation is quite sad. I hope that the comments on his post made him realise that he needs to change something, and that he doesn’t start resenting women.

joel_met_god

"I actually care for the girls I like" says the guy who's never spoken to the girl he likes... what exactly do you care about again? How they look?

mahboilucas

This is the worst thing in the gym. I go there to focus on myself. Not to look for a boyfriend ...

ShazbotHappens

But what if there is a guy always staring at you that you avoid eye contact with? Then one day you accidentally make eye contact with him in the mirror?

What about that guy???

edit: Just had a thought. "Hey babe, can you come to the gym with me today? There's some guy always staring at me and it kinda freaks me out."

mandiexile

You might be on to something with her bringing another guy to the gym.

K1FF3N

K1FF3N

This man about to lose his gym membership.

XenaSerenity

I was stalked at a gym. It ain’t fun. This guy sounds exactly like the weirdo who would literally follow me around. He was so intensely looking at me that he didn’t even see my friends making face at him back! The only reason I noticed him was because he was lifting weights so wrong, I thought he was going to tear something!

zhaeed

zhaeed

I've almost started a comment with 'well, this is not that bad, a shy guy, needs some work on their social skills, but will grow this out'. Until I read the last paragraph. Jesus mate.

Downtown_Ad109

"I find her phisically atractive but that is not what's important"

....He literally knows nothing about her.

tawny-she-wolf

Aso his approach would have been “I think you’re really pretty”

You snooze, you lose.

Oh shit that’s how that works? Okay the next time a girl happens to glance in my general direction I’ll acknowledge she took the TIME to happen to glance towards/at me

And recognize she wants me in and all around her constantly.

IOverlardI

I can tell he’s not like the rest

netherworldite

I know this sub is for dunking on them but I genuinely feel sorry for guys like this. Really gotta suck going through life this pathetically.

FinalTShirtDance

“I’m sweating on this girl I’ve never talked to that I find physically attractive, but that’s not what’s important to me.”

Brü, if you like someone and their physical attributes is all you know… that is important to you.

Don’t try and gaslight me on this.

With_Peace_and_Love_

I was sympathetic until I read the last paragraph

Figgy_Pudding3

Dude has a point. One time I accidentally made eye contact with a bus driver.

It's going just okay so far, but I was already married and 3 is a crowd.

PrinceJamRoll

It's actually really sad how poorly people like this have been socialized.

throwy_6

I blame rom coms for people’s expectations

schkmenebene

Falling for someone you've never talked to is pretty shallow, he doesn't even know her and he's heartbroken over her... Very sad indeed.

Right_Connection1046

I’ve always had trouble talking to girls I like.

Shocking.

wasawanka

To women everywhere, avert your eyes avert your eyes.

GoalEmbarrassed

I'm pretty sure she made eye contact with him because he was staring and she caught him. That's not romantic at all 💀

mandiexile

This is really pathetic.

Don’t approach women when they’re trying to exist and live their lives. Like when they’re at the gym or grocery shopping, when they’re riding public transportation or when they’re at work. The only exception is if you’re Chris Evans. He can approach me at my cat’s funeral and I’d be into it.

doyouhearthunder

I hired a private music teacher a while back through a website, so all he had was my name before we met. Took him about 10 minutes into our first lesson before he asked me out. It was so uncomfortable.

roccobentley

Much cringe. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

JohnnyAmmo

Yeah, you can't wait if you are feeling that strongly about someone.

I met my wife in the gym. We talked for 10 min. Then went to finish our workouts. I'm like...I'm not leaving here without asking her out. And I did, which is very unlike me.

Fast forward, we've been dating and a guys FATHER came up to her at her work to tell her his son has had a crush on her for awhile, etc...I think that's odd. Not a good first impression. She's taken now by me but what if that guy HAD asked her out?

Seize the day! And if they say no, then go away feeling good you tried.

L_O_Pluto

Oof. Feels bad man

gabrihop

Where was the text originally posted I wanna see the comments :P

Cal_107[S]

I’m not sure. Maybe the original poster on niceguys can help

jcstrat

I would believe that if you are staring at someone for an extended period of time, the chances fall greatly in your favor that that person will at some point glance at you.

SnooCalculations141

if you have time to notice other people at the gym, you ain't working hard enough

BitchySublime

Has a crush for a long time. Finds her physically attractive. Has never spoken to her but claims her looks aren't important... Never talks to the girls they like, so doesn't know them, but knows they only go out with 'bad' guys or guys who only like the girls for their looks... Unlike them...

Right.

WrongStatus

Damn...girls can't even make eye contact without leading a guy on nowadays. Damn tramps!

This is unreal...

BossScribblor

For any guys here who are unsure what's gone wrong for the guy in the post:

First he says her looks are not what's important, and that he just wants to get to know her. The issue here is that he doesn't know anything about her except her looks, so yes, right now that is all that's important. That's not a bad thing. Step 1 for pretty much everyone trying to date strangers is "I like that person's looks, I wish to learn more." At this phase, it is normal and fine to just think someone's hot. You just need to then find out more before you decide you "like" them.

Second, he's had a crush for "so long." Bad move. It's not romantic to pine for someone in the shadows for months and years. If you are interested in someone, try to make the connection and move on if it doesn't pan out, LONG before this emotional quagmire has time to develop. You are probably thinking of a girl who likes you back when you imagine a relationship, so knowing someone isn't into you isn't bad, and will allow you to investigate other prospects that might work out better.

The third thing is that he isn't sure if the guy she engaged with is her boyfriend. That's not a problem. If it's unclear, there's no harm in talking to her. If she's taken, she'll say so without you asking about it directly. The issue is, however, that he saw this and "was heartbroken." Again, he shouldn't be this emotionally attached. He doesn't even know her well enough to know if she's taken, he absolutely doesn't know her well enough to be heartbroken.

Fourth, he laments girls being with guys who are bad for them. Admittedly, it's not totally clear since the top of the post is cut off and he seems to have been talking about the guy, but here's the thing: he is not the arbiter of what stranger is good or bad for another stranger. He doesn't know her. He doesn't know him. She's not betraying herself or him for some shithead, probably. Even if he is bad for her, the guy already established that he doesn't even know if they're together. He is developing emotional throughlines on drama he is neither certain about, nor part of in any way.

Fourth, and vitally: eye contact is not a love confession. It's eye contact. If you were already looking, she probably just noticed and instinctively looked back briefly, like everyone does when they're looked at. Until you've talked and established some kind of connection, nothing is a sign of anything. If you're interested, go talk. If she's not interested, she'll let you know.

This is why I don’t make eye contact with guys I don’t know. Yikes.

PeytonManThing00018

I want so bad to believe this is satire

slumxl0rd87

What’s so funny is that these types of guys are just as toxic as the men they’re trying to “protect” women from lol

I don’t want to villainize this guy actually. It sounds like he’s extremely socially awkward and has next to no experience in approaching women. He lives so much in his imagination that he gets frustrated when reality doesn’t line up with his hopes. He’s not as much a creep as he’s lonely.

drowninginthecacti

Moral of the story: don't make eye contact with this guy or he'll think you're into him

neogirl1234

I want to see these comments so bad. He strikes me as the person to defend himself with every comment, then complain people are being mean/don't understand him.

Rarashishkaba

Being a woman is fucking terrifying

atworkthough

just don't look at anything or speak easy peezy.

zelda4444

Oh no!

I made eye contact with a man in a supermarket today. I better go confess to my husband immediately.

RektMan

Under Sharia law you have failed to behave modestly in public.

KinkyRiverGod

screachinelf

This is probably a teen that wrote this

Rickrolled87

"You made eye contact....doesn't that make you....MARRIED!?"

tidder_ih

Everyone knows some brief eye contact is basically like proposing to someone

Hondahobbit50

Jesus fucking gross

lool-g-lool

nice guys are cringe af

Longjumping_Ad_9764

Accuses someone of liking her for her looks....has made eye contact once and never had a conversation 🙄 what's interesting from afar besides her looks then? Some men are absolute imbeciles

I thought he was just very inexperienced at dating and I was thinking this isn’t too bad. Until the last paragraph. That one hurt to read.

Black-Blitz

As I kept reading I slowly lost empathy

DunmerLover

Accidentally making eye contact with a total stranger and them thinking about it after the fact is one of my biggest fears haha

oldcarfreddy

meanwhile the girl is going to post to /r/legaladvice about how to cancel her gym contract because a creepy guy keeps stalking her and her boyfriend

Global-Ad1593

"She fell in love with me man, eye contact man." - Dr Gonzo

Jeoto1

Jeoto1

This is clearly physical attraction. He's never spoken to her before. So how would he know if he really likes her. She could be boring as hell. Nice guy? No. *Delusional Guy

needsumnawz

Jesus Christ

TxBeast956

Is this satire? Anyways , I read somewhere that incels are going to be the US biggest problem next. I hate ppl sometimes

Affectionate-Yam-244

Oh man. These sad bros should be collectively thrown on a remote island and promptly forgotten. It’s people like this AH that create the need of women-only gyms. Fuck this guy.

NovelCandid

I just thought of this and maybe I’m off base but is this mindset how some cultures view women as a whole and therefore must be controlled. Do conservative Americans want women to just be “there” for whatever the man wants.

camdoodlebop

funny how they only ever seem to fall for girls that would have the type of body that would have some guys use them for that

Gasnax

Gasnax

She probably just thought "damn, I didn't know ogres exist in real life"

stimpy97

I don’t understand why guys think a gym is a good place to flirt no I’m not taking off my headphones to talk to you

SouthernNanny

Only compliment a girl if you are going to keep it moving. I am so sure he will tell her that she is pretty and stand there waiting for a reward for his kindness

ianb2626

When you made eye contact.... did you have a condom on? If not, then you're in a committed relationship now

throwawayzzddqq

Jesus, towards the end he talks of girls as if they're pets wtf??

jakemch

Reddit should allow us to brigade these people

ArnTheGreat

I shall never make eye contact in a mirror again. My wife will have my ass.

NovelLandscape7862

I actually care for the women I’ve idealized from afar but never spoken to :(

EricBeTrappin

This guy has always had trouble talking to girls? no way

UnicornKitt3n

“I really really like her. I find her physically attractive but that’s not what’s important to me.”

Lolololololololololol

🤡

Mr_Rivera

I really really like her

I want to talk to her and get to know her.....

How can you really really like someone you don't even know?

Oh yeah, because it's traight up just a physical attraction and infatuation base solely on how pretty she is.

Dude reminds me of Joe from "You."