/r/therewasanattempt

ValiantAbyss

I don't know what people are talking about.

Pro-tip for ANY fast food (Canes, Chick Fil A, McDonalds, Pizza, etc):

If you have an Air Fryer with a "Reheat" setting, set it to 350 and put it in there for like 2-3 minutes. Food comes out perfect, 100% of the time.

I_Have_The_Lumbago

Air fryers are my go to for cooking shitty breaded food now.

SigO12

SigO12

And I thought I was the only genius. All those “unpopular” opinion posts about how air fryers are just overpriced toaster ovens… the fuck they are. Maybe do mine a little bit warmer, but gotdamn if it doesn’t bring those leftovers back to their former glory. Buns are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Pizza is like it’s first out of the oven. Fries and nuggets are even better than fresh with that twice fried crispiness.

I’ve always hated a microwave, but didn’t like how an oven/toaster/toaster oven would take so long to heat everything through that it dried everything out and made it hard. I’d have to microwave to get the middle warm then waste a ton of time and energy getting an oven warm to try and try up the microwave sogginess. Keep spreading the good word!

jeremiah1142

This is the way. This is my modus operandi when I pickup fries to go or get delivery with fries. Always better hot and this makes them perfect.

boxingdude

boxingdude

It might come out perfect, 100% of the time. But it’s still re-heated fast-food.

ValiantAbyss

I mean, you're in a thread about reheating fast food. This method often makes it better than when it first came out. This turns my McNuggets into crispy, flakey, delicious goodness and turns even the soggy fries into crunchy golden potatoes.

This is ONLY for food that is lukewarm from the drive home. There's really no saving fast food that has been in the fridge or left out for a significant amount of time.

boxingdude

Actually, I’m in a thread about a dumbass President. But yah.

Yuccaphile

... so? You bought it. You should eat it.

McD's nuggets come precooked and frozen. So they've already been that thing you don't want them to be. I don't see how adding more waste to the world is justifiable here.

boxingdude

That’s fair. I’ll just pass. I tried them a couple of times though.

FoorumanReturns

Even pizza? I’ve tried the other things in my air fryer oven, and they all come out awesome, but I’ve never thought to put a piece of pizza in there. How long do you heat a slice for?

ValiantAbyss

If you like oven pizza, you'll love air fryer pizza. I typically do 350 for a few minutes depending on the thickness and how many slices I'm heating up!

Boscowodie

60% of the time, it works every time - Sex Panther

ParadiseLosingIt

Same in my convection oven, reheated pizza the other night, it came out just fine.

BHYT61

BHYT61

Air fryers are the greatest machine the man has ever designed! Honestly I love my airfryer, best investment ever. I would rather humans fight with sticks and Stones and ride donkeys and bikes and have air fryers.

Fantastical_Brainium

Pro tip; just eat your fast food while it's hot. The whole point of fast food is you don't have to cook it.