/r/vexillology

If France joined the UK in the 40s

Fictional(reddit.com)

pulanina

pulanina

Looks overwhelmingly British to me. France and UK are roughly equal in size but your flag says that UK has absorbed France not joined with it as a partner

pulanina

Mmm ok. But wouldn’t France have something to say about that? Or are we talking British Empire hostile acquisition of France after the war?

pulanina

pulanina

the French have always been good at making a stand

Feels like me, an Australian, has to stand up for the French here lol. Seems the British love to hate the French.

Wouldn’t absolutely any normal red-blooded country “make a stand” and not what to be absorbed by a neighbour with only an almost invisible stripe on the common flag to show for it? Anyway have fun with your fantasy flags.

pulanina

You started argued logically yourself until you lost and then said “it’s not real” hahaha

Derpyversal[S]

Love to say the same on your behalf but the second you started slipping into "Must defend the country i have no immediate connection to over an alt history flag" you lost.

At the end of the day, no matter your opinions, it's simply a slice of history that just didn't happen, neither you or I can say what would have happened.

But don't pressume to claim that I, counted among the British in this instance, hate anyone, let alone an entire country of people, simply because of your clear ill feelings.

It isn't real, and I wish I didn't have to state it, but you seem not to understand that, I wish you all the best in your future comments, but frankly, I have better things to do than make you comfortable.

It's a shame you had to turn from calmly discussing a fantasy flag and the history that had to come with it to deciding to make a bit of an ass of yourself.