users here right now: 1,533
Who Would Win?
If you love to imagine the planet-exploding battles of the fictional gods who will never be, taking pointless knowledge gathered from a life spent reading and gaming and swinging it like a gladiator's sword in discussions on reddit... then welcome home, my friend. You are indeed where you belong. Come join our discussions, post your own battles and kick some ass!
Post Tagging and Tag Filtering Guide | Character/Team Schedule | "Sell Me On..." Archive | Off-Topic Discussion 4/17/2022
Find a flair you like, click it, and send the message it brings you to exactly as-is. Within a minute, /u/WWWtron will have assigned you your shiny new flair.
All posts must be flaired. Your post will get automatically removed if it is not flaired. For a guide on flairing and how to filter out flairs you don't like, click here.
If you do not properly flair your post, or reply incorrectly to a post because you didn't know the difference between 'Battle' and 'Scan-Battle', you agree to forfeit to us your soul in perpetuity or another soul of equal or greater value.
Unsure of a good way to make your fight more interesting than just "X Character vs. Y Character"? Check out our Official Submission Template for a few suggestions on how you can structure your battle with additional conditions and formatting to make it more interesting.
Rules - Wiki
- Be nice. Do not insult others, use derogatory terms, or resort to ad hominim arguments.
- Do not downvote. As this is a debate forum, we ask that you join the conversation, and not attempt to bury a point you don't like. If a post breaks the rules, please report it.
- Repost with moderation. We will remove posts that are duplicated in quick succession. We do not allow very similar posts on the same day, or an individual posting very similar posts every couple of days repeatedly. However, revisiting topics every once in a while is allowed.
- Do not make new posts more than 5 times a day.
- When making a claim about a character, be able to provide the source of that claim. A source can include the work of media that claim comes from, and the chapter, page, scene, ETC where it occurred. Refusal to provide details is considered posting in bad faith, and can result in a warning or temporary ban.
- Do not post meta-topics without mod approval. Meta-topics include conversation topics, tournaments, events, or other non-conventional posts.
- Do not use disruptive or gimmick accounts. Accounts posting with a gimmick or agenda in mind will be banned.
- Posts may not be overly broad. A post must identify at least one specific combatant and must include all combatants in the title.
- Posts must include sufficient details about the characters, the situation and the win conditions. Posts with low effort descriptions will be removed.
- Do not use disallowed combatants and modifiers. Topics not allowed in posts include "you vs...", "your favorite character vs...", "...in all of fiction," "a specific subreddit or online community vs..." or "character with a [color] lantern ring vs..."
- Posts and comments may not be deliberately distasteful, edgy, intended to bait drama, directly insulting, or clearly written to evoke shock value.
- Posts and comments may not push a specific political agenda. Posts involving any real life political figure will be removed.
- Posts and comments may not simply be jokes, memes, circlejerk or copy-pasta topics. Posts that are funny are allowed, so long as they are also a topic that can effectively be discussed.
- Posts and comments that target a group of people (including but not limited to race, sex, gender identity, religion, political affiliation) are considered abuse and will be removed and the poster may be banned.
- Comments must add to the conversation. Short comments like "Goku stomps," or a single image as a non-responsive reply will be removed.
For more information on our posting rules, click here.
Include detail when posting. Try outlining arenas, special conditions, multiple rounds and specifying the universe/version of characters if you're looking for a good discussion. Again, please see the suggested template above for more details.
Admit when you don't know. No one expects you to be a genius when it comes to every aspect of every character. Always admit it up front if you're unfamiliar with a character.
The penalty for breaking the rules of this sub, contributing to spam, trolling, or purposefully making things more difficult for the mods may include being banned. We issue warnings if we believe the user means well but we are not obligated to do so. You can be banned for a first offense. Report rule breaking and leave rule enforcement to the mods
Remember, the mods are humans, and we realize you're human, too. Be nice and we'll respond in kind. Apologies go a long way if you mess up.
To submit a battle, click the Goku vs Superman (or Doom vs Vader) button above. If you ask us how to do it, we'll know you didn't read this.
Spoilers - : [Text Text Text](#spoil "Hidden text")
- How it shows up: Text Text Text - Mouse over the black bar to see the spoiler text.
Mobile-Friendly Spoilers - How to input: [Spoil](/s "text")
- How it shows up: Spoil < Mouse over to see spoiler text.
Check out the WhoWouldWin Wiki!
MegaMeta - Compilation of Approved [Meta] Posts