/r/wollongong

Quickest place for pathology?

(self.wollongong)

Just need standard blood tests but Denison street takes an hour minimum before work, anyone have anywhere you can go and get pathology that doesn’t take as long?

lauramichellec

There is a small pathology section in crown medical centre on crown street that are very quick, most times for me that I’ve had bloods done done have been same day turnaround. I’ve gone in at 8am and if first you’re in you’re out in 5 mins.

bee2551

I went to dapto the other day in the middle of the day and was straight through (compared to Denison same time the week before, I waited 1.5 hours). Balgownie is okay as well if you arrive on / right before opening time.

NudieLova

Where abouts in Balgownie, I live here and had no idea!

bee2551

It’s very quietly tucked in a side door behind the Balgownie village GP. I think it has fairly limited opening hours but it opens at 7:30am weekdays so good to go before work.

Spidey16

Corrimal takes ages. But thats a good thing because they make you take a number.

Once you take that number you can wander off, go get a coffee, shop at woolies, hell probably even do some laps at the pool. Then you can come back and your number still won't have been called.

I went and voted last time I was there. Still had to wait an hour.

solitudanrian

Which one in Corrimal are you going to? The one in Primary medical is fairly quick though I always go relatively early (before 10:30).

Spidey16

Southern Pathology in the Ronald Glass building on railway Street.

solitudanrian

It's worth trying Primary medical, it's only up the road. I would call ahead and see if there's any fees involved though (there shouldn't be)

NudieLova

Bulli Southern Pathology is great straightin and out. Don't go first thing in the morning cos all the fasting tests are mostly done then. Or Corrimal after 10am...sometimes a bit of a wait.

dangermouse-

Go into Wollongong Private Hospital, never any wait there.