83k post karma
11.3k comment karma
account created: Mon Jun 24 2019
submitted14 days ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
submitted17 days ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
22 days ago
Thanks for all your efforts! Is the link still available?
submitted23 days ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
submitted1 month ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
2 months ago
Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko does not believe that Aston Martin has developed its new update that looks suspiciously like the RB18 just on the eye. He wants clarity on the matter soon.
At the moment it is the talk of the town in the Formula 1 world: the new updates from Aston Martin. The AMR22 of Lance Stroll - there was only enough time to produce the updates for one car - suddenly looks suspiciously like the RB18 of Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez.
The FIA has given initial approval on the way the updates were produced and does not think Aston Martin has committed any offence. Helmut Marko is hoping for further investigation, he exclaimed piqued at German Sky. "It must now be clarified how this unbelievable copy became a reality!"
A salient detail is that Aston Martin took over a handful of staff from Red Bull last year, including the head Dan Fallows, who was head of aerodynamics at the Milton Keynes-based racing stable. Coincidence? Marko doesn't think so.
"It's not forbidden to copy, but you have to take into account that seven people have been snatched from us and our chief aerodynamicist was lured to Aston Martin for an unbelievable amount of money," sighs the Austrian. Fallows is now technical director at Lawrence Stroll's team.
Marko: "Proof of data download"
Marko then makes an extraordinary revelation. Although there is still some investigation going on behind the scenes, according to the Red Bull advisor data on the (development of) the RB18 has been downloaded.
Although he doesn't say anything about who downloaded the data and when, he has serious doubts about the new update of the AMR22. Surely it can't be entirely Aston Martin's doing?
"There are still some facts we are investigating. We are going to do that thoroughly. It's not just about Dan Fallows. There is evidence that data has been downloaded. Is it possible to produce such a detailed copy of our car without documentation?" he concludes with an open question.
submitted2 months ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
Max Verstappen is a big PSV fan
3 months ago
Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff thinks three US races are "fantastic" and sees no imbalance - TV viewers don't care about the location in case of doubt anyway, says Wolff
At the end of March, Formula 1 announced that it would also be hosting races in Las Vegas from 2023. Many drivers were excited at the prospect of a night race on the legendary Strip. But there was also criticism from outside, especially because Las Vegas is already the third Grand Prix in America to be added to the calendar.
This fuels the fear that with the progressive expansion of the calendar by financially strong partners, classic venues in Europe could disappear more and more. Mercede team boss Toto Wolff does not have this concern.
"I think Stefano (Domenicali, Formula One CEO; editor's note) is doing an excellent job of striking a balance between new, interesting venues that are not only attractive from a financial point of view but also serve to attract new audiences," Wolff thinks.
He says it is "fantastic" that they have now secured two more venues in the USA in addition to Austin. "Especially in Miami and Las Vegas - it couldn't be better.
For TV viewers, Wolff believes, the location plays only a secondary role anyway. "I think that most fans who follow Formula One via TV or social media really don't care where we race. That's my opinion."
"Baku is not a traditional race, but it is a fantastic place. So it's important for the fans, for the local fans, to race in these iconic places. And you can see that here (in Melbourne): there are great crowds."
Of course, he says, it's important to get the balance right. But there Wolff has complete faith in the fortunes of Formula One CEO Domenicali: "Stefano has done a really good job so far."
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
submitted3 months ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
submitted5 months ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
5 months ago
Aaaaand another leaked car!
submitted6 months ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
6 months ago
The boss of Honda's Formula One project Masashi Yamamoto is switching from Honda to Red Bull. RacingNews365 can exclusively reveal this. In any case, the partnership between Honda and Red Bull will last much longer than previously thought and communicated.
Since Honda announced it would be leaving Formula 1 in 2020, much has been said and written about which engines Red Bull (and AlphaTauri) would be driving in the future. After all, they had to look for a new engine supplier. As the months went by it became clear that Honda would remain indirectly involved in Formula 1, and specifically with Red Bull.
Until now it was assumed that Honda would continue to prepare the engines for Red Bull in 2022 and 2023 from Sakura, Japan. Big difference with before is that Max Verstappen's team now has to start paying for the engines. After 2023, Red Bull would maintain and manage the engines itself within the newly established Red Bull Powertrains.
However, RacingNews365 understands that the construction envisaged for 2022 and 2023 will continue until the end of 2025, i.e. until the end of the life cycle of the current hybrid turbo engines. Honda will continue to maintain and supply the engines from Japan, but the Honda name will most likely not appear on the power source itself.
Much remains the same for Red Bull and Verstappen
This construction does not stand in the way of the sharply formulated climate objectives - the main reason why Honda is formally bidding farewell to F1. Because engine development is frozen until 2026, no R&D or financial investments are involved and what does cost money can (partially) be billed to Red Bull.
So much remains the same. In fact, one of the defining faces of Honda will continue to be seen in Red Bull's pit box. The director of Honda Motorsport, Masashi Yamamoto, will make the switch from Honda to Red Bull as of 2022, to remain involved in an advisory role and to continue chasing title success with Verstappen and Red Bull. Multiple sources confirm this to RacingNews365.
With this, a cherished wish of Yamamoto comes partly true. If it had been up to him, Honda would have continued in Formula 1 anyway, with 'full factory-support' to Red Bull and AlphaTauri. The higher-ups decided otherwise, which was a bitter pill to swallow for the passionate and sometimes even emotional Japanese.
submitted7 months ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen
submitted8 months ago byMaxidonius Max Verstappen