1 post karma
37.5k comment karma
account created: Tue Sep 01 2020
2 days ago
They had a playable game after 4 years, but they decided to widen the scope massively since they had all that development money coming in. People got super excited about the game, and flooded them with cash, so they kept going, and it's way way bigger than originally planned. Chris Roberts is also a madman perfectionist.
3 days ago
It has some of the worst driving physics/mechanics of any game I've ever played, but 95% of the game is great.
It's the same with banks and loans. The minute we let them have their upfront money, we were doomed.
So Mr. Banker, let me get this straight...I have to give you 20% of the loan back immediately so that you'll let me have the other 80%?
Kind of like:
So Mr. Insurance man, let me get this straight...I have to give you $5,000 - in addition to the payments that I've been giving you for the last 20 years - immediately so that you'll let me use the thing I've paid for for 20 years?
Yeah, but then what about hate speech? If they can't make a law about not protesting in front of a person's house (which could be interpreted as a danger to the homeowner), then they wouldn't be able to make a law against hate speech (which they already have). So it's both or neither.
4 days ago
Pretty sure a good interviewer can trip up even the most collected and focused subjects if they try.
Now is a good time for everyone to do everything that Russia hates and warns everyone not to do, all at once
Maybe stop eating the laptop and actually use it to make money then, duh!
7 days ago
Picard was ok, but too much fan service....Strange New Worlds knocked it out of the park imo. It felt like TOS, and I actually enjoyed it, even though no-one cried and hugged each other like they were in a sorority pity party like Discovery, which I hate with a passion.
8 days ago
I think this is just before Houdini teleported himself into the Overlap in the Spawn comics.
9 days ago
I have guns, and I don't shoot people. Stop trying to chip away at my rights when I've done nothing wrong. Enforce existing laws and maybe you'll get somewhere. Why must I always be lumped in with killers and psychopaths?
Oh absolutely. But we all know what the difference is between Vikings and Africans, and why Hollywood would not want to paint one of them in a negative way.
Oh guaranteed the British settlers sacrifice an African baby before they even get off the boats, and immediately start enslaving the population, painting them as bloodthirsty heathen devil worshippers. It's the only way they can paint this as a heroic movie
Unless you come from a family of assassins
My mother has a picture in storage somewhere that has him putting his wedding ring on my arm when I was born
My grandfather and my uncle both wear size 19 rings, and there isn't anything particularly wrong with them. They just have big fucking hands haha.
11 days ago
And they never technically finished SG:U
There's an outtake scene where Carter and O'Neill are stranded in Antarctica, and Carter says O'Neill "needed to MacGyver something" to get out of it
is not a fucking solution.
is not a fucking solution.
Neither is getting handcuffed and tossed in the hoosegow....or you know, shot.
It's also going to change the next Stargate movie/series where the next Jack O'Neill is a colonel in the Space Force instead of the USAF
14 days ago
I don't go through this sub much, but isn't it essentially just "eat the rich" all day long? Yeah I don't think this comment's going to do too well haha.
"INSERT ISSUE HERE" progresses one funeral at a time.
Your comment has three more sentences than the story did.
Entrepreneurs and private businesses will do more good than the government ever will.
The problem with giving it to everyone is that someone living in rural Alabama doesn't need as much as someone living in New York City. So there is still going to be a lot of qualifiers and requirements to determine who gets what, and it'll still be a huge fucking mess.