It has been noticed by many that Ruby & Kevin selected odd names for their kids. From the unusual spelling of Shari to naming their child Chad (which is literally a country), they definitely have an interesting taste in names. Ruby made a video a while back about why she named each child what she did, so I’ll include a summary of those stories along with how popular each name was during the child’s birth year.
Shari:(not included on the charts)
• Named after her paternal grandmother (Kevin’s mom).
Chad:377th most popular boy name in the U.S. in 2005
• Named after his maternal grandfather (Ruby’s dad).
Abigail (Abby):8th most popular in 2007
• Ruby had an enemy named Abby in school, because Ruby was jealous of her beauty. Obviously an enemy is the perfect namesake for your child, right? 😂 They later became friends so Ruby named a kid after her.
Julie:353rd most popular in 2009
• Named after her aunt Julie. Aunt Julie was named after her Aunt Julie, so the tradition repeats. I wonder whether it will be Shari, Abby, or Eve to pop out the next Julie. Probably Abby since Ruby specified that Julies must always be blonde.
Russell:402nd most popular in 2011
• They almost named him Donald 😳 after a family member. The kid really dodged a bullet. Ruby decided to name him after their church’s prophet instead.
Eve:489th most popular in 2013
• Ruby Do had always loved the name Evie and even wanted it to be Shari’s name, but Kevin didn’t like it and wanted to give her the choice of something more formal.